Game #74: Houston Rockets 96 - Toronto Raptors 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    It actually suits all out bigs except JV. The system is based on hedging and recovering quickly. The problem is that JV is to slow footed to hedge and recover in time. Cause of that he doesn't hedge just stays in the paint.
    It doesn't suit Amir. He can't keep up anymore. Not to mention, the scramble defense leaves everyone winded and can be torn apart by ball movement, JV or no JV. I may be wrong, but our D has been just as bad without JV since new years.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• One more thing guys, DD is a perfect guy for Casey's system. He's quick and his reaction is really good. Do you remember what happened when DD got injured? Do you remember these frequent defensive rotation mistakes? I mean, my mind was blowing up. Not sure about you. What I'm trying to say here... Casey is fucking moron. I don't want to start a discussion as I don't have time to argue with y'all, but please, just watch how we defended our PNR when DD was out. Not only Casey doesn't have the right starting five to execute this system, he doesn't even have replacement for his main guy in this system.

Comment

• By the way, you all say that only Jonas is our liability? Are you sure about that? I'm not defending Mr. Wasaga Beach here, he's too slow to recover on time and other bla bla bla is absolutely correct, but if you watch our games closely, you know that Ross, 2Pat, JJ, Amir, Vasquez are our liabilities too! I'm pretty sure their spot-up possesion defense numbers are below leagues average! So what's the point of Casey's system if we only have 3 players who can defend spot-up possessions well?
        Last edited by rocwell; Tue Mar 31, 2015, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• OG is our king

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            By the way, you all say that only Jonas is our liability?
            Are people saying that? Because that would really quite ridiculous... there's obviously multiple deficiencies with our roster, but JV is far from being our main concern.

As HOVA once said, we've got 99 problems, but Jonas ain't one... 86 of them are however Casey related.

For me, if Terrence Ross resembled anything close to a competent player for more than 6 minutes a night (or we had a starting SF who did), we would be a whole different team.
            Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 31, 2015, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
              I would have preferred Tom Sterner impose his will.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                I would have preferred Tom Sterner impose his will.
                Tom Sterner's eyes are extremely dangerous and should only be used when in mortal danger.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  The D looked a lot better in the fourth with 2Pat and Amir hedging and recovering. They only allowed 20 points in that quarter.
                  Agreed. That's why they get all the mins in the 4th and i don't have a probkem with it.

Amir
                  PP
                  JJ
                  DD
                  KL

Been saying this for a while, this is our best defensive lineup.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                    Tom Sterner's eyes are extremely dangerous and should only be used when in mortal danger.
                    Tom sterner can impregnate a woman through his eyes.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      Tom sterner can impregnate a woman through his eyes.
                      This is quite dangerous for any guys here that watch games with their significant others...
                      OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                        This is quite dangerous for any guys here that watch games with their significant others...
                        Only during the odd half-time coaches comments section.

Comment

• Tom Sterner doesn't mow his lawn, he stares it down and dares it to grow.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            You do realize even former DPOY Marc gasol would be a liability under Casey's system, right? Our system doesn't suit our guards or our bigs. Only one who looks decent is ppat.
                            Except when 2Pat gets destroyed on the boards from time to time.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Tom Sterner doesn't mow his lawn, he stares it down and dares it to grow.
                              How do you think mountains came into existence? Sterner just stared at a bunch of rock and BOOM!
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Except when 2Pat gets destroyed on the boards from time to time.
                                2pat is the only player I can think of who goes through rebounding hot streaks and cold spells. He'll go a week grabbing every board available and sometimes he cannot grab a rebound to save his life.
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X