Game #74: Houston Rockets 96 - Toronto Raptors 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Not to take away from JVs performance, because he had a hell of a game, but I don't think he had a huge impact on Harden driving or not. He attempted 11 Field Goals at the basket and made 6, plus getting to the line 12 times - which is 2 more than his average.
    Uhh, yeah. Harden attempted 10 shots within 10 feet of the basket. He was 6/7 when JV was off the floor. He was 0/3 when he was on the floor.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Uhh, yeah. Harden attempted 10 shots within 10 feet of the basket. He was 6/7 when JV was off the floor. He was 0/3 when he was on the floor.
      Lol well, that answers that.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

The main take away from this is.. an attacking guard like Harden sometimes doesn't even want to get into the paint when JV is on the court.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Agreed. That's why they get all the mins in the 4th and i don't have a probkem with it.

Amir
          PP
          JJ
          DD
          KL

Been saying this for a while, this is our best defensive lineup.
          KL-DD-JJ-PP-AJ - small sample size, haven't really been played together much yet
          KL-DD-JJ-AJ-JV - 85.6 DRTG (in 85 minutes, so a decent sample)
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Where are you getting that from? NBA.coms shotchart for him last night has 12 shots in the Paint. 11 of them at the basket.

I'm also curious to know where those other stats come from? That'd be a great resource to have for the future. Just looking at NBA.com again, I found a 7-footer he hit with JV on the floor, so already I question your 0-3 within 10 feet with JV on the floor.
            Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 31, 2015, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Where are you getting that from? NBA.coms shotchart for him last night has 12 shots in the Paint. 11 of them at the basket.

I'm also curious to know where those other stats come from? That'd be a great resource to have for the future. Just looking at NBA.com again, I found a 7-footer he hit with JV on the floor, so already I question your 0-3 within 10 feet with JV on the floor.
              Could be I miscounted. I used his shot tracking data for last game, and checked each time stamp against JV's substitutions. It would be great if it was readily available so I didn't have to count by hand.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He hit that 7 footer after Ross gamble right?

Comment

Could be I miscounted. I used his shot tracking data for last game, and checked each time stamp against JV's substitutions. It would be great if it was readily available so I didn't have to count by hand.
                  Lol You should just open your own Stat Site of something Dan. C'mon man.
                  Regardless, my point wasn't to take away from JV at all, but more just point out that it doesn't matter how solid you are down low, Harden will drive and be an effective slasher against your team.

Comment

Ah, here's another thing. That 7-footer is logged by the scorekeepers - they basically guess the distance. NBA's tracking data uses the tracking cameras to give an accurate distance. So that 7 footer was actually just over 10 feet away, which is why I missed it in my parsing of shots within 10 feet.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Ah, here's another thing. That 7-footer is logged by the scorekeepers - they basically guess the distance. NBA's tracking data uses the tracking cameras to give an accurate distance. So that 7 footer was actually just over 10 feet away, which is why I missed it in my parsing of shots within 10 feet.
                      Nope. It was logged with their movement cameras - http://on.nba.com/1Cv42n1.

Comment

Lol You should just open your own Stat Site of something Dan. C'mon man.
                        Regardless, my point wasn't to take away from JV at all, but more just point out that it doesn't matter how solid you are down low, Harden will drive and be an effective slasher against your team.
                        But if the stats are correct, and he only attempted 3 shots withing 10 feet when JV was on the floor (missing them all), doesn't that suggest that if you are good at protecting the rim, Harden may NOT drive as much nor be as successful doing so? And since it was only in JV's absence that he became unstoppable on the drive, that the defense indeed plays a factor in how effective Harden is at driving?
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Nope. It was logged with their movement cameras - http://on.nba.com/1Cv42n1.
                          Well then there are errors with their shot tracking data on the shot log player pages.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

But if the stats are correct, and he only attempted 3 shots withing 10 feet when JV was on the floor (missing them all), doesn't that suggest that if you are good at protecting the rim, Harden may NOT drive as much nor be as successful doing so? And since it was only in JV's absence that he became unstoppable on the drive, that the defense indeed plays a factor in how effective Harden is at driving?
                            Well I don't think your stats are correct, and once again I'm not at all trying to prove JV isn't good at protecting the rim .. simply that Harden doesn't really care. How many of this free throws came with JV on the floor?

Comment

• Correcting the stats:

Harden was 1/6 within 10 feet with JV on the court.

He was 5/6 with JV off the court.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Correcting the stats:

Harden was 1/6 within 10 feet with JV on the court.

He was 5/6 with JV off the court.
                                Nice, so my point has been proven. Lol He takes just as many shots within 10-feet with JV on the floor, than when he is off.

Comment

Working...
                                X