Game #74: Houston Rockets 96 - Toronto Raptors 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Nice, so my point has been proven. Lol He takes just as many shots within 10-feet with JV on the floor, than when he is off.
    Impact on attempts? Maybe not.

Impact on success? Seemingly very much so.

Comment

• That 7 footer James hit w/ Jonas on the floor.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

That 7 footer James hit w/ Jonas on the floor.
        That's what got logged as a 7-footer? That's like 12 ft out.

Comment

• With JV on the court...

1st Q: Harden got a shooting foul on him once, plus an and-one when he hit that 7 footer. Ross committed both fouls.
          2nd Q: Harden got 2 free throws on a shooting foul by Ross.
          3rd Q: No FTs for Harden with JV on the floor.
          4th Q: No FTs for Harden with JV on the floor.

So, all told, without JV on the floor, Harden was 5/6 within 10 feet and attempted 7 free throws.
          With JV on the floor he was 1/6 within 10 feet and attempted 5 free throws.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Impact on attempts? Maybe not.

Impact on success? Seemingly very much so.
            Agreed. But I wasn't arguing against the second point...

I feel like people are just looking for stuff to argue ... I never once questioned JVs ability to protect the basket. I questioned his ability to deter James Harden from attacking it.

Comment

oh and look at DD. He abandons his responsibility to defend a pass to Ariza by providing NOT NEEDED HELP! That's how teams get wide open three pointers against us. Breakdowns everywhere.

Comment

• Also note that is 6 attempts plus 2 shooting fouls (8 drive score attempts, we'll call it) in 21.5 minutes with JV on the court.

And 6 attempts plus 3 shooting fouls (9 drive score attempts) in 16 minutes without JV on the court. That's a rate of 12 drive score attempts per 21.5 minutes. Meaning he drove about 50% more often with JV sitting than with JV waiting in the paint.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Agreed. But I wasn't arguing against the second point...

I feel like people are just looking for stuff to argue ... I never once questioned JVs ability to protect the basket. I questioned his ability to deter James Harden from attacking it.
                  Yeah, I'm just more concerned with the 2nd. Not sure who would deter the elite talents of the league.

Comment

Yeah, I'm just more concerned with the 2nd. Not sure who would deter the elite talents of the league.
                    Completely agree.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Also note that is 6 attempts plus 2 shooting fouls (8 drive score attempts, we'll call it) in 21.5 minutes with JV on the court.

And 6 attempts plus 3 shooting fouls (9 drive score attempts) in 16 minutes without JV on the court. That's a rate of 12 drive score attempts per 21.5 minutes. Meaning he drove about 50% more often with JV sitting than with JV waiting in the paint.
                      Interesting...though I also wonder what pace looked like. Did we play slower with JV on the court, and did that slow the game down in general? Could that have been a factor?

Comment

A meaningless regular season game on a b2b, Harden probably won't drive into a 7 footer and the team may not want him to when the entire front line is injured. In the playoffs Harden will most likely be driving into Gasol or Lopez.

Comment

Interesting...though I also wonder what pace looked like. Did we play slower with JV on the court, and did that slow the game down in general? Could that have been a factor?
                          Significantly faster with JV on the court (99 pace versus 93) than off the court.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Significantly faster with JV on the court (99 pace versus 93) than off the court.
                            Hmm....cool

Comment

Nice, so my point has been proven. Lol He takes just as many shots within 10-feet with JV on the floor, than when he is off.
                              Time on court and percent made means nothing I see.

A point without context is no point at all.

Comment

Looks like Rocwell was right...hit the shot after a Ross gamble.

Comment

Working...
                                X