Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casey has fixed the defense

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2015/...alks-underway/

That article is nonsense. It starts of by saying Casey and JJ are getting grilled about why he's not playing JJ and then when he says why it goes on to say he's throwing JJ under the bus. Why not talk about why JJ with all his talent and ability to be one of the leagues premiere stoppers has had such a hard time sticking with a team? Or that maybe you need to trust the other players to do their job (even if they don't)? Doesn't it make sense that if you don't trust your teammates to do their jobs and don't do what is asked of you on defense that you are directly causing the breakdown in the defensive scheme?

Thanks for posting by the way. For some reason I can never reply to the articles on the main page.

Comment

wow, I think this team is in more trouble than I thought lol

Comment

Casey has fixed the defense

Is he retarded? Or are we too smart.
        What seems obvious is totally oblivious to the Raptors organization. Yes I call the whole organization out not just 1 piece of the puzzle.

It would be great if someone would have an objective interview with DC. There are so many holes and gaps in his approach to basketball as a whole. If he's a defensive genius / top basketball minds of the world ( as people say) - then he should be able to break down and crush any argument against him.

But it's similar to asking tough questions to a politician, they will always find a way out of it or you simply never get a chance .

All we do is speculate
        2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
          Is he retarded? Or are we too smart.
          What seems obvious is totally oblivious to the Raptors organization. Yes I call the whole organization out not just 1 piece of the puzzle.
          It would be great if someone would have an objective interview with DC. There are so many holes and gaps in his approach to basketball as a whole. If he's a defensive genius / top basketball minds of the world ( as people say) - then he should be able to break down and crush any argument against him.

But it's similar to asking tough questions to a politician, they will always find a way out of it or you simply never get a chance .

All we do is speculate
          I think you hit the nail on the head SMitch. It's not just one guy that is making all the decisions out there. The Raptors are a multi million dollar organization with a tonne of staff and payroll which comes up with a style of play which they feel is most suitable for the players out there. If they decided to play up tempo iso style this season it sure as hell wasn't Casey making that decision by himself. It's a plan constructed by a large pool of analysts, coaches etc. which then gets approved by people with higher authority than just Casey alone. Problem is that event the best laid out plans aren't always full proof.

Comment

What a farce.

Where have I heard the complaints of double standards and a lack of consistent accountability before?

Oh right.

Comment

^ What, how do you know this? From everything I've read, MU doesn't like to meddle with HCs. So if MU isn't involved, who is? Is Casey talking with ownership and getting tips about the style of play from them?

Going back to the article... what a joke. Not surprising with Casey though. I will give praise to James for handling the situation so well.

Comment

I'm not a Casey apologist at all, but I can sort of understand wanting to keep JJ's defense on point. He was primarily brought here to stop the Joe Johnsons and Lebrons come April/May. Everything else he provides is gravy.

If JJ is slipping in the one thing he's supposed to do, it makes sense to nip it in the bud before the season ends.

But this doesn't excuse Casey from not singling out the rest of the crappy defenders on this roster.

Comment

Casey has fixed the defense

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I'm not a Casey apologist at all, but I can sort of understand wanting to keep JJ's defense on point. He was primarily brought here to stop the Joe Johnsons and Lebrons come April/May. Everything else he provides is gravy.

If JJ is slipping in the one thing he's supposed to do, it makes sense to nip it in the bud before the season ends.

But this doesn't excuse Casey from not singling out the rest of the crappy defenders on this roster.
                  But the funny thing is he's doing what he's supposed to do, AND MORE !
                  LOL

He's the best defensive player on the team. He's a " flat out stud "

Comment

But the funny thing is he's doing what he's supposed to do, AND MORE !
                    LOL

He's the best defensive player on the team. He's a " flat out stud "
                    If he's indeed overhelping, then he's leaving guys like Joe Johnson and Lebron. A cardinal sin come playoff time.

Comment

That's garbage man. You don't eat his minutes because he's over helping. He can be told that in private and I'm sure he will listen. He's blocking shots, and shutting down defenders. Not only that but he shoots a wicked Fg%
                      If anything , you sit Vasquez and Lowry before you sit down our best player.
                      That's bad coaching. We're not a championship team to have such tough standards. And even if we did have some " tough love " going on , why only JJ gets that kind of love?

He's the most consistent player on the squad

Comment

In JJs's defense, If your playing and you see GV guarding Jackson or Evans man on man maybe you go help

Comment

That's garbage man. You don't eat his minutes because he's over helping. He can be told that in private and I'm sure he will listen. He's blocking shots, and shutting down defenders. Not only that but he shoots a wicked Fg%
                          That's bad coaching. We're not a championship team to have such tough standards. And even if we did have some " tough love " going on , why only JJ gets that kind of love?

Again, I'm not defending Casey at all. He's an idiot by every definition of the word.

I'm just saying that JJ's overhelping should be corrected. But so should every other defensive issue that plagues this team.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Again, I'm not defending Casey at all. He's an idiot by every definition of the word.

I'm just saying that JJ's overhelping should be corrected. But so should every other defensive issue that plagues this team.

That is my issue.

I don't get the picking and choosing of who to punish or call out.

Seems like JJ is doing too much of what Casey wants while the others are not doing enough.

If I was a coach in that situation, I'd have a much larger issue with the guys not doing enough.

Comment

how do you know he hasn't been told that? how do you know he's so good at listening?

either way, #firecasey

Comment

Working...
                              X