Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    That is my issue.

I don't get the picking and choosing of who to punish or call out.

Seems like JJ is doing too much of what Casey wants while the others are not doing enough.

If I was a coach in that situation, I'd have a much larger issue with the guys not doing enough.
    Agreed. We've seen injustices all season, with JV and JJ getting limited minutes, while Vasquez, Lou, DeRozan, etc. don't seem to be disciplined at all.

There isn't a better way to divide a locker room, than to show special treatment.

Comment

The idea that "fixing" JJ's tendency to over-help fixes the defence is insane. I truly hope Casey isn't that delusional.

And if JJ is over-helping too much and leaving his man open, like Casey's comments would lead you to believe, how come JJ is easily the best defender on the team by every measurable output? If he was leaving his man open, shouldn't there be some statistical consequences?

Casey's head is so far up his ass at this point, he might as well just do his press conferences like this

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

"JJ, you're making our guards look bad on defense. Stop."
        OG is our king

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          If he's indeed overhelping, then he's leaving guys like Joe Johnson and Lebron. A cardinal sin come playoff time.
          Over-helping was one of my biggest complaints about JJ during his first stint with the Raptors. He'd drift off his man in the hopes of going for a steal or a highlight-reel block from his help-defense, while often letting his man hit wide open 3's. When JJ accepts his role and plays within himself, he can be one of the best defensive SF's in the league. However, when he starts going for the highlight reel and/or channeling his inner MJ on offense, he plays himself out of the lineup (and out of the coach's good graces if he makes a stink about it).

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            Over-helping was one of my biggest complaints about JJ during his first stint with the Raptors. He'd drift off his man in the hopes of going for a steal or a highlight-reel block from his help-defense, while often letting his man hit wide open 3's. When JJ accepts his role and plays within himself, he can be one of the best defensive SF's in the league. However, when he starts going for the highlight reel and/or channeling his inner MJ on offense, he plays himself out of the lineup (and out of the coach's good graces if he makes a stink about it).
            You can't be saying you think the issue with our defense is over helping... Let's not pretend this is about what JJ does right or wrong here because that doesn't really matter when he is the best defender on the team. I would over-help too if I was out there with our perimeter defenders and knowing how I would have to scramble. I would rather they shoot a wide open three than hit the wide open layup

Comment

I don't like Casey but I can understand him on this.

JJ was brought in for defence, he needs to be at the top of his game for defence. If he's not at 100% of his defensive capabilities! you sit him down so can reach them. I've noticed the same thing in the last couple weeks, he over helps/plays really lazy and switching on everything sometimes. He shouldn't do that if he's only in their for defence. He should play top notch defence. His only role on the team is to be a defensive stopper, everything else he does is just extra pudding in the platter. I honestly don't care if he doesn't get a single fg as long as he plays lockdown defence. (No lazy and over helping bullshit)

And the reason gv gets so many minutes is because clearly we only have 2 pgs on the roster...

That's a given that one of your 2 pgs will always be on the floor. And no, Lou can not be a full time qualified pg. he's said it himself it's not his game, he just plays it because there no other option at this point. So if you wanna blame someone blame Masai. Even though you all think he does no wrong for some weird reason
              Last edited by yabadabayolo; Mon Mar 30, 2015, 11:51 AM.
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                The idea that "fixing" JJ's tendency to over-help fixes the defence is insane. I truly hope Casey isn't that delusional.

And if JJ is over-helping too much and leaving his man open, like Casey's comments would lead you to believe, how come JJ is easily the best defender on the team by every measurable output? If he was leaving his man open, shouldn't there be some statistical consequences?

Casey's head is so far up his ass at this point, he might as well just do his press conferences like this

LOL, you realize Casey's comments had nothing to do with the sarcasm implied by the title of this thread right? It's just rampant hate going on around this site these days and when someone posts something everyone seems to take it as a fact or a reliable source. Casey gotta start directing his comments specific to RR posters I guess

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  LOL, you realize Casey's comments had nothing to do with the sarcasm implied by the title of this thread right? It's just rampant hate going on around this site these days and when someone posts something everyone seems to take it as a fact or a reliable source. Casey gotta start directing his comments specific to RR posters I guess
                  I realize the sarcasm, but the fact that Casey is instituting specific drills in practice to fix JJ, yet is completely ignoring other players' deficiencies is insane.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I realize the sarcasm, but the fact that Casey is instituting specific drills in practice to fix JJ, yet is completely ignoring other players' deficiencies is insane.
                    The fact that you assume that as fact is just as dilusional, just because he doesn't say it to the media doesn't mean he does try to make lowry do specific drills. Or ross, or derozan. It's practise, they do everything, it's a millions of dollar sports team, they don't just run plays with everyone at once like in highschool
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

What makes you think he is ignoring other players' deficiencies? Because a writer at this site wote an article that is clearly not coming from an neutral perspective? He didn't even insinuate that Casey wasn't addressing other players' and issues with the defense.

He only wrote an article specific to JJ and keep in mind he was using public media as a source and doesn't even have direct access to what they do at practice like some actual reporters might. If anything it was an irresponsible peice to write, but we are reading a blog and should be more aware that the writer is not providing the full story.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                        The fact that you assume that as fact is just as dilusional, just because he doesn't say it to the media doesn't mean he does try to make lowry do specific drills. Or ross, or derozan. It's practise, they do everything, it's a millions of dollar sports team, they don't just run plays with everyone at once like in highschool
                        Not dilusional, going off of the facts presented.

JJ is the best defender based on EVERY defensive statistic available.

JJ's defence isn't the problem or even a problem. If he was over-helping and leaving his man open, he wouldn't be doubling the next best player in DBPM, and have a team leading DRtg (not including Bebe for obvious sample reasons). If his over-helping was allow his man to score, there would be some statistical evidence showing that consequence.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                          Agreed. I don't think it's fair to assume that nobody else is getting singled out in practice. The quotes in question just happened to specifically surround JJ's defensive deficiencies.

There isn't enough information in this thread to make conclusions about how Casey deals with team defense. But we do know that whatever he's doing isn't working.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            What makes you think he is ignoring other players' deficiencies? Because a writer at this site wote an article that is clearly not coming from an neutral perspective? He didn't even insinuate that Casey wasn't addressing other players' and issues with the defense.

He only wrote an article specific to JJ and keep in mind he was using public media as a source and doesn't even have direct access to what they do at practice like some actual reporters might. If anything it was an irresponsible peice to write, but we are reading a blog and should be more aware that the writer is not providing the full story.
                            Exhibit A

Player MP
                            DeMar DeRozan 34.7
                            Kyle Lowry 34.5
                            Amir Johnson 26.8
                            Patrick Patterson 26.4
                            Jonas Valanciunas 26.3
                            Terrence Ross 25.6
                            Louis Williams 24.8
                            Greivis Vasquez 23.5
                            James Johnson 19.9
                            Tyler Hansbrough 12.7
                            Landry Fields 8.8
                            Chuck Hayes 8.7
                            Greg Stiemsma 4.0
                            Lucas Nogueira 3.8
                            Bruno Caboclo 3.2

Casey's comments in any avenue can be taken and played with, but at the end of the day, the reality is right there on the court before our eyes. Who plays, who doesn't? That shows where Casey's values are.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Agreed. I don't think it's fair to assume that nobody else is getting singled out in practice. The quotes in question just happened to specifically surround JJ's defensive deficiencies.

There isn't enough information in this thread to make conclusions about how Casey deals with team defense. But we do know that whatever he's doing isn't working.
                              Take out the underlined though, and that is a conversation we can have. Who mysteriously disappears from the rotation? Who is given the greenest of lights and longest of leashes? These are things we can see.

Comment

Casey might as well blame JJ for global warming while he's at it
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X