Casey has fixed the defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Yea but those guys roles is to chuck. It was given to them before the season started. But here what you need to understand, Casey is a dumbass. His offence relies on one of gv, Lou, dd, or lowry to play god like in order to do well.

That's exactly what he wants them to do. Because yknow, their shots they normally make :'(
    Now why did you have to go and bring that up... My whole day just got a little sadder...

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      JJ is our best defender, yet is 9th in MPG. You don't see anything wrong with that?
      Who are you going to take minutes from though? GV and Lou are chuckers but they are also primary ball handlers when on the floor. JJ's defense doesn't help with trying to move the ball up the floor or creation on offense.

Again, you have to ask yourself why JJ with all his abilities and natuaral talent hasn't been able to stick anywhere he's played. And he's played for some excellent coaches in the past.

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
        Again, why bench him though? On the premise your best can be better?

That's literally the same idea as benching Lebron James and saying : "Well I think he can be better so until he is I'm not going to play him"
        But it looks like it worked, JJ agrees with the over helping thing now. I guarantee he'll play really ell next game. Different players need to be coached different ways, this is how to coach JJ.

And c'mon now JJ ain't no lebron james. If someone benches him, you have media from all around the world up your ass. When you bench JJ, you have josh lewenburg up your ass.
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          Who are you going to take minutes from though? GV and Lou are chuckers but they are also primary ball handlers when on the floor. JJ's defense doesn't help with trying to move the ball up the floor or creation on offense.

Again, you have to ask yourself why JJ with all his abilities and natuaral talent hasn't been able to stick anywhere he's played. And he's played for some excellent coaches in the past.
          Probably same reason Lowry didn't. We don't question that so much though. Don't try to turn something that is on the coach to the player just because you like Casey. JJ can't determine how much / when he plays

Comment

Now why did you have to go and bring that up... My whole day just got a little sadder...
            Your avatar makes me even sadder...
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

But it looks like it worked, JJ agrees with the over helping thing now. I guarantee he'll play really ell next game. Different players need to be coached different ways, this is how to coach JJ.

And c'mon now JJ ain't no lebron james. If someone benches him, you have media from all around the world up your ass. When you bench JJ, you have josh lewenburg up your ass.
              Lol well yes, that's why I made it very clear to insert the "idea" into that statement. It isn't the same thing but it is the same idea.

And what do you think JJ would come out and say even if he disagrees with it? And why would you assume that he agrees/disagrees based on his playing time? He's been out for stretches well before this without any noticeable change in his game

Comment

Your avatar makes me even sadder...
                Really? My avatar makes me kind of happy... If you look close you can see that its the knicks worshiping big ole'Mago...

Comment

Yes but here's the thing, the people who are playing seem to be allowed to do whatever they want without fail. If the ones playing are the few who have met casey's criteria and can do that then we have a problem, once again, with casey.

When GV pulls up another transition three, when Lou is 1/9, When DD makes a double team contested fadeaway with JV open under the basket, When Amir can barely stand on his own feet, When Lowry attacks the basket against a 7 footer out of a timeout for the game tying basket; what is the point? That's the stuff we can take away from "practice" then?

So maybe no one does what Casey wants? Why doesn't he give them shit on national television? Pop does it, Carslisle does it, Thibs does it... If no one meets his standards, he should make a point and bench them all. Play Hayes, Fields, Bruno, Bebe, Steamer/ whoever you want the whole game.
                  Shit, you can even focus more on defensive things....

Why do DeMar and Lowry never get called out for poor D? Even just for specific problems, such as the amount of gambling in passing lanes that both tend to do, which basically leads to 4 on 5 defence. Lou also can be prone to doing it too much and it's been a minor problem for our D all year. Sure they've all gotten some steals, but they've also left our D exposed and weak a lot.

How about calling out Greivis? How about for his piss poor leadership and effort on that end? I could live with bad D if it looked like he was trying and felt responsible for his failures. But there have been times this year where Greivis makes no real effort, leaves his big man hanging on a 2-on-1, and then looks at his big man and makes a gesture like the big fucked up and it's their fault...I've seen it at least twice, once with Jonas and once with Patterson, and both times the big man looked over at the bench at the staff and was like "is this guy kidding?"....didn't seem to be any consequences though

Guys like Ross and JJ could never get away with that shit.

Comment

Different players may need a different approach, but shouldn't the goals align, especially defensively? Why are some people's mistakes allowed and others get benched for theirs?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Shit, you can even focus more on defensive things....

Why do DeMar and Lowry never get called out for poor D? Even just for specific problems, such as the amount of gambling in passing lanes that both tend to do, which basically leads to 4 on 5 defence. Lou also can be prone to doing it too much and it's been a minor problem for our D all year. Sure they've all gotten some steals, but they've also left our D exposed and weak a lot.

How about calling out Greivis? How about for his piss poor leadership and effort on that end? I could live with bad D if it looked like he was trying and felt responsible for his failures. But there have been times this year where Greivis makes no real effort, leaves his big man hanging on a 2-on-1, and then looks at his big man and makes a gesture like the big fucked up and it's their fault...I've seen it at least twice, once with Jonas and once with Patterson, and both times the big man looked over at the bench at the staff and was like "is this guy kidding?"....didn't seem to be any consequences though

Guys like Ross and JJ could never get away with that shit.
                      Yea well... I got kind of sad after having just made it that far. Didn't want to tear up at work

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post

Well for one, I don't believe that we need 2 PGs on the floor at the same time. It's not like we have 2 great PG talents that need minutes. GV & Lou is our 2nd (and 4th) most used lineup, GV & KL is our third.

So, there are minutes available right there.

JJs offence has also been good this year. He isn't forcing treys, but is rather getting inside and shooting a high %. Considering the ugliness of our offence this year, I find it hard to believe minutes are that hard to come by.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

The best part is one game JJ sat out Casey said was because they needed ball handlers, then called JJ one of the teams best ball handlers.

Obviously there is an issue somewhere and since they have to tell the media something this is what they came up with.
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

give him GV's minutes. all of them.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

i honestly wonder if Casey is trolling us sometimes
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Probably same reason Lowry didn't. We don't question that so much though. Don't try to turn something that is on the coach to the player just because you like Casey. JJ can't determine how much / when he plays
                                Sure we do. Lowry's maturity and change is well documented and he is enjoying being the best player and leader on a winning team now. Why is it so much to ask that of JJ to play within the system of a team?

Comment

Working...
                                X