Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Imagine if Masai passes on Edey and he eventually explodes.
    Fire able offense.
    Imagine if he drafts Edey at 19 and he's Boban 2.0 as predicted. That's a much worse offense.

I'm far more concerned with hitting on our pick than if any other teams draft a good player or not.

I hope Edey gets drafted by a team like the Spurs where Wemby can hide his defensive deficiencies and Edey can focus on his bread and butter which is scoring around the basket.

I don't have any fears of Edey actually blowing up unless he's in a perfect situation like that.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Imagine if Masai passes on Edey and he eventually explodes.
      Fire able offense.
      Lol. In the history of the league, other than Yao Ming and obviously Wemby, name me a decent player who's 7'5+. Just decent, not an all star caliber player.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Lol. In the history of the league, other than Yao Ming and obviously Wemby, name me a decent player who's 7'5+. Just decent, not an all star caliber player.
        Shawn Bradley?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

Shawn Bradley?
          Oh man, nice callback. The only thing Bradley excelled at was getting posterized. I'd watch games just to see him get dunked on.

Comment

Rik Smits and Mark Eaton are two that come to mind.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

Rik Smits and Mark Eaton are two that come to mind.
              Was just rewatching the Last Dance yesterday and tought that Rik Smits was really tall! And then now I look up his stats and I'm thinking that this guy's career is sort of underrated?

But yeah, for Edey... wow this young man has been the hot topic here. Can't wait to see where he ends up and what he'll be able to do in the NBA.

Comment

i'm not an edey fan but 7'5" is an unrealistic benchmark since i think there have only been like 4 players 7'5 or taller in the history of the league who had any kind of career (bol, muresan, yao and shawn bradley).

wemby is listed at 7'4", as is edey. there have not been many players listed at 7'4" either but the ones i can think who were were all good (the aforementioned rik smiths and mark eaton, and ralph sampson would have been an all timer if not for injury (and still did enough to make the HOF in his short career))

Comment

What do you mean? Fuckin' Manute Bol yo? Dude averaged 5 blocks per game as a rookie.
                  5.8bpg in a playoff series that same year.

And not sure why you're limiting it to 7'5" when Edey is 7'4", Ralph Sampson is a obvious one here as Chris said. If not for an injury, dude would have been generational.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                    Here is my wish list at 19

Collier - isn't my favorite guard but the talent is clearly there and he would fit a need with his ability to create his own shot. I see him more as a combo guard but its one way to move from JFL to someone with major talent upside in a sense.

Bub - lowest down on the list but he remains relatively high enough that I would say fine pick him if the others aren't there or the options to move up aren't available. He has the shot making upside. Has the tools to be a good defender but hasn't shown it yet. Is very young.

The more I research Collier the more I hope we let him pass by. Can’t shoot, didn’t really have the best passing at the college level.He’s fast and strong, that’s him in a nutshell.

Bub on the other hand is one of the youngest players in the draft, can shoot off the dribble and a good set shooter. Decent passer. Good height and wingspans ration. He’s flying up the draft board though and probably won’t be there for our pick.

Comment

• Right now my list of hopefuls at 19

1. McCain
                      2. Carter
                      3. Bub
                      4. Walter
                      5.Tyler Smith
                      6. George
                      7. Ware
                      8. Flip
                      9. Edey

at 31

1. George
                      2. Pacome
                      3. Holmes
                      4. Yves Missi, I can see him slipping, I actually think Koloko was a better prospect.
                      5. Aj Johnson
                      6. Justin Edwards
                      7. Koleck

Comment

• Eaton was awful. He was slower than slow. There's no way he could have survived in an NBA with illegal defense rules. He just camped out in the paint. Smits was WAY underrated. Sampson was also a great mention. Sampson weighed in around 230-240. Smits was 250. Obviously Yao Ming was over 300 pounds and over 7-4. He's the exception. That's why he's a HOF'er. There's way more Satnam Singh's, or Bhullar brothers than Yao Ming's in the history of 7-4 players over 300 pounds. Heck, Boban is an exceptionally mobile big for his size.

I've been watching Edey play since he made the All FIBA U19 team at World's. In the 3 years since then I've never seen anything that has dramatically changed my mind on him. I hope I'm wrong. But even if he becomes a quality big in the NBA, how does he do it on a team built around Scottie? He clogs up the paint, he doesn't run downcourt fast enough during fast breaks. Seriously. How would Edey thrive on a team with Scottie and RJ attacking the paint?

For HIS success the Raps are not the right team. For the Raps success getting Edey is a bad idea. Just because his hometown team worked him out doesn't mean they'll draft him. But, it would have been a really bad look if they didn't work him out. It's part PR, part, hoping that they can up the value of the hometown kid, that I'm sure some of the staff know.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                          Right now my list of hopefuls at 19

1. McCain
                          2. Carter
                          3. Bub
                          4. Walter
                          5.Tyler Smith
                          6. George
                          7. Ware
                          8. Flip
                          9. Edey

at 31

1. George
                          2. Pacome
                          3. Holmes
                          4. Yves Missi, I can see him slipping, I actually think Koloko was a better prospect.
                          5. Aj Johnson
                          6. Justin Edwards
                          7. Koleck
                          Why do people keeps bringing up Carter's name? he's not going to be there at 19.

Lots of teams in the lottery need a PG. The Rockets, Pistons and Spurs. The Rockets need to decide between Sheppard and Carter. The Spurs have picks 4 and 8. And the Pistons have the 5th overall pick.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Oh man, nice callback. The only thing Bradley excelled at was getting posterized. I'd watch games just to see him get dunked on.
                            I guess Gheorghe Muresan would be stretching it a bit.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Bradley was pretty decent aged 25-30 with Dallas.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

The more I research Collier the more I hope we let him pass by. Can’t shoot, didn’t really have the best passing at the college level.He’s fast and strong, that’s him in a nutshell.

Bub on the other hand is one of the youngest players in the draft, can shoot off the dribble and a good set shooter. Decent passer. Good height and wingspans ration. He’s flying up the draft board though and probably won’t be there for our pick.
                                I didnt finish my listso my bad. Devin carter was number 1.. but he wont be there. I also like tristan de silva and i think holland is gettable I dont disagree im not the biggest fan of collier.

Comment

Working...
                                X