• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please no
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

please no
      He's a UDFA target or just a warm body to work out against the real prospect we had in that day.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

please no
        speed is a weeapon the speed ! i dont know if i draft him but he is fassssst

Comment

• Speaking of UDFA, why not give someone like Jack Gohlke a chance? remember him? guy can flat out shoot.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Edey also got invited but declined. He will watch the draft from home.

Typically guys in the green room are going in the first round. But not always.

Some notable guys missing are: Ware, Holmes and Carrington
            Last edited by planetmars; Fri Jun 14, 2024, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I'm talking about over the course of a season or seasons. 4's take way more of a beating than 3's. I'm for preserving our most important player.
              It's not the 90's. Most power forwards are just like wings. They are out at the perimeter (usually corners) waiting to take a 3. You don't really bang with them. If you are a big PF then you are usually a small ball 5.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                Speaking of UDFA, why not give someone like Jack Gohlke a chance? remember him? guy can flat out shoot.
                A couple of teams have already had him in for workouts.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I'd rather Scottie doing an amazing job guarding 4s all year than him doing a mediocre job guarding SF all year. He has zero issues with PFs and has speed issues with SFs. He will get way more worn out over the course of the season (and a game) trying to chase much faster players all around the court.

Also define "beating". What games are you watching? I have never seen Scottie getting beat on. I've seen guys try to post him up and they can't move him an inch.
                  Scottie has issues trying to stay in front of guards. He won't have that issue against 3's. Beating, pounding, banging...all just ways to say he's going to get hit more and way harder guarding 4's. I'd prefer he not have to do that as his primary assignment over the course of his career. He's too important to the team.

Comment

• Scottie's issues definitely isn't guarding 3s. Its guarding quick guards and also putting in that amount of effort offensively and defensively takes its toll.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      Scottie's issues definitely isn't guarding 3s. Its guarding quick guards and also putting in that amount of effort offensively and defensively takes its toll.
                      There are a lot of 3s around the league just like RJ. Smaller and very fast and very difficult for Scottie to guard.

I can't think of a single PF that Scottie has trouble guarding.

Comment

Scottie has issues trying to stay in front of guards. He won't have that issue against 3's. Beating, pounding, banging...all just ways to say he's going to get hit more and way harder guarding 4's. I'd prefer he not have to do that as his primary assignment over the course of his career. He's too important to the team.
                        If we're playing Boston would you rather Scottie guard Tatum or Brown? I'd much prefer he's guarding Tatum at PF than Brown at SF.

Comment

my personal opinion is scottie is a elite team defender. when i watch him he knows his limits and leads to help if someone sees different let me know. I also thought he was a better defender that OG this season. and last thought give him a rim protector and scottie will look so much better.

Comment

There are a lot of 3s around the league just like RJ. Smaller and very fast and very difficult for Scottie to guard.

I can't think of a single PF that Scottie has trouble guarding.
                            ... Wemby?

Comment

If we're playing Boston would you rather Scottie guard Tatum or Brown? I'd much prefer he's guarding Tatum at PF than Brown at SF.
                              You're looking at specific match up's, I'm looking at his long term health. I'd rather he not be guarding Giannis, Randle, Banchero, Isaah Stewarts etc. The guys that play smash mouth basketball.

Comment

• Scottie should be guarding whichever of the opposing 3/4 is less of a threat, so he can play the free safety role on defence.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X