Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

I'm sure they would. Matching his salary probably means it only happens if they are interested in trading Lopez and shifting toward playing Giannis at the 5 full time. Raps could probably find a three team trade where Lopez lands with a quasi-contender that needs a vet stretch 5 and would give up a 2025 protected pick or a mid-1st this year for him.
    OKC makes a lot of sense for Lopez. He'd fit in there perfectly actually.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

He averaged 20mpg, that's half a game in college and he was 6th on the team in minutes per game.

Typically 6th men aren't described as being on a minutes restriction but OK.

Plenty of time to show if you suck or not and he sucked badly. He had 8 games over 20mpg and he sucked in those too. He started 6 games and sucked. He sucked no matter how many or few minutes he played.

His lack of minutes came down to lack of production and lack of deserving minutes, all on a bad team to boot.

36% FG
      26% 3PT
      67% FT

Does playing 20mpg make you suck at shooting?

He's never done anything to show he's an NBA talent. He even measured out small. Literally nothing going for him other than Daddys name.
      So you're telling me that you watched every USC games?

Bronny's a guy who the started the season on a minutes restriction. He's also a guy who months before the season started underwent a heart procedure to treat a heart defect.

What I'm saying is it's not fair to evaluate him after that one year that he had.

Anyway, I keep saying here for months that I'd like to see them draft a PG in the 2nd round. Bronny is one. So why not? it's the SECOND round. Who cares.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Bronny's a guy who the started the season on a minutes restriction. He's also a guy who months before the season started underwent a heart procedure to treat a heart defect.

What I'm saying is it's not fair to evaluate him after that one year that he had.

Anyway, I keep saying here for months that I'd like to see them draft a PG in the 2nd round. Bronny is one. So why not? it's the SECOND round. Who cares.
        Bronny isn't a PG he has zero PG skills. He's a tiny SG who can't shoot. The only positive thing I've ever heard about him is he's good at staying with his man so could maybe defend smaller guys at the NBA level. Otherwise he is trash all around.

He should have gone back to school, any other player who wasn't Lebron’s son would have because they would be told you have zero chance of making the NBA right now and need to show massive growth to your game. He didn't have a single good game in college, so make all the excuses you want for him but he's shown nothing that says he's an NBA player.

Comment

Pick 31 is one pick after the 1st round. which I shouldn't have to point out, but that ridiculous remark of yours makes it necessary. And every NBA team cares,

And why not Bronny? Because there will be much better players, including PG's, available. Your points on Bronny are fair, but even after a better than expected (in some ways but not others) combine no one reputable thinks he's a top 50 talent, much less #31.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I'm not into excuses but the excuses about him is legit. He had a heart procedure months before the season started.

Go try and play pickup basketball months after a heart procedure. Let's see how it goes. In Bronny's case he had to play against top end competition against the best college players in the world.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Bronny should have gone back to school and shown people that his lack of results were because of the health issue. Instead, it comes off as an excuse. Maybe, he shouldn't have gone to a school with 2 other PGs. Maybe he shold have gone to a school where he could showcase his skills.

People who think Bronny is trash, have every right to think so. Other than getting invited to McDonald's All American what has he done? And I say this as someone who thought he should have been a 5 Star recruit.

There are a ton of 4 star recruits that average 4 PPG in the NCAA. Most of them go back and try to improve. Other's realize they're not built for the pros. Some go pro in Europe, or Australia... Why is Bronny being treated differently? His younger brother is the one people see as a star. This weird preferential treatment might make it more difficult for him. Accountants average 4 ppg at D1 schools, not NBA players.

Comment

What I could see is a contender trading a 2025 1st for Brown and 31 - getting them a rotation player and a chance to add a 1st round level talent on a minimum salary (which counts as the true rookie minimum for tax purposes).
                Also depends on what the expectation of that 2025 1st is going to be. How late in the 1st are we willing to trade Brown and 31 for?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Also depends on what the expectation of that 2025 1st is going to be. How late in the 1st are we willing to trade Brown and 31 for?
                  well they have no way of knowing for sure.You just accept it's somewhere from 20 to 30
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Any would be fine, honestly. The real question is what salary comes back to us - the less helpful that is, the more picky we get with that pick.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The more I think about it, I'm wondering if it's worth it to take his team option?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                        The more I think about it, I'm wondering if it's worth it to take his team option?
                        They should only opt in if they have a trade lined up on draft night. Otherwise they should opt out, let him walk.

But with my luck they will opt in, hold onto him all season, find out he has even less value at the trade deadline, and end up waiving him after.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'm sure they would. Matching his salary probably means it only happens if they are interested in trading Lopez and shifting toward playing Giannis at the 5 full time. Raps could probably find a three team trade where Lopez lands with a quasi-contender that needs a vet stretch 5 and would give up a 2025 protected pick or a mid-1st this year for him.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• danh wrote: View Post

any would be fine, honestly. The real question is what salary comes back to us - the less helpful that is, the more picky we get with that pick.
                            this
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Bronny isn't a PG he has zero PG skills. He's a tiny SG who can't shoot. The only positive thing I've ever heard about him is he's good at staying with his man so could maybe defend smaller guys at the NBA level. Otherwise he is trash all around.

He should have gone back to school, any other player who wasn't Lebron’s son would have because they would be told you have zero chance of making the NBA right now and need to show massive growth to your game. He didn't have a single good game in college, so make all the excuses you want for him but he's shown nothing that says he's an NBA player.
                              Shades of Dejaun Wagner maybe? But I've heard Bronny has some 3&D in there somewhere.

Comment

I'm not into excuses but the excuses about him is legit. He had a heart procedure months before the season started.

Go try and play pickup basketball months after a heart procedure. Let's see how it goes. In Bronny's case he had to play against top end competition against the best college players in the world.
                                Pac-12 isn't the best college conference. It's one of the worst. He played soft ass teams and sucked.

The heart stuff doesn't make him an NBA prospect, it's an excuse for how shitty he played all year. If he thinks he could have done better he should have gone back to college. He's shown nothing to play in the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X