Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Final 8 Regular Season Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Final 8 Regular Season Games

    In a confusing season, perhaps the most confusing time is now. Last year felt surreal and it just led into the playoffs. Things are different this year. Much has been made about the next 8 games being against sub 500 teams. But 6 of those 8 games are against the current 7-11 (where have I heard that number before? ). Those teams are a total of 3 games apart from top to bottom (Bkn, Miami, Boston twice, Charlotte twice). Those teams are going to be giving everything to make the playoffs. These won't be easy wins. But does that matter?
    I think public opinion has shifted towards wanting a Wiz/Hawks combo rather than a Bucks/Cavs (or Bulls) 1st/2nd round combo. We just have to play four games better than the Wiz to keep home court advantage. Do we play hard until that number is reached and then unleash the Brazilians? Do we play hard (in what will be hard games) all the way through but run the risk of tiring/injuring players? Do we try to respond the what the Bulls are doing to stay a game behind them? I realize we have no role in this but the only way to feel good about reaching the goal in these next 8 games is to know what the goal is.

  • #2
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    ... Do we play hard until that number is reached and then unleash the Brazilians? Do we play hard (in what will be hard games) all the way through but run the risk of tiring/injuring players? Do we try to respond the what the Bulls are doing to stay a game behind them? I realize we have no role in this but the only way to feel good about reaching the goal in these next 8 games is to know what the goal is.
    Inquiring minds want to know.

    Comment


    • #3
      Jclaw wrote: View Post
      In a confusing season, perhaps the most confusing time is now. Last year felt surreal and it just led into the playoffs. Things are different this year. Much has been made about the next 8 games being against sub 500 teams. But 6 of those 8 games are against the current 7-11 (where have I heard that number before? ). Those teams are a total of 3 games apart from top to bottom (Bkn, Miami, Boston twice, Charlotte twice). Those teams are going to be giving everything to make the playoffs. These won't be easy wins. But does that matter?
      I think public opinion has shifted towards wanting a Wiz/Hawks combo rather than a Bucks/Cavs (or Bulls) 1st/2nd round combo. We just have to play four games better than the Wiz to keep home court advantage. Do we play hard until that number is reached and then unleash the Brazilians? Do we play hard (in what will be hard games) all the way through but run the risk of tiring/injuring players? Do we try to respond the what the Bulls are doing to stay a game behind them? I realize we have no role in this but the only way to feel good about reaching the goal in these next 8 games is to know what the goal is.
      the nets played in such a way to get us last season. It is expectable to do this look at the hawks gave up chasing best in league to be healthy

      Comment


      • #4
        It may not be the worst thing to face the post-trade Bucks who have tailed off since the trade and then, if all goes well, face the circus that is LeBron in the playoffs. We may get killed but Atlanta could kill us too and at least with the Cavs, we'd go down in flames on ESPN primetime. The irony is not lost on the fact that either way, we will likely face Jason Kidd or Paul Pierce in the first round and neither one is on Brooklyn.

        Comment


        • #5
          yea totally agree we can't take this month lightly...Although the last 8 games all are against teams with a losing record and a combined WP of .382- 6 are against teams in a dog fight for the last 2 playoff spots in the east (BKN, CHA x2, BOS x2, MIA), either way we are locked into #3 or #4, Mil or Was- both best case scenarios 1st rd matchup... as long as we get to the 2nd rd to face CLE or ATL the season will be a success...ideally we win 6 of 8 to hit 50 wins and then make the 2nd round...the exact pre-season goals for this year!
          Last edited by RepTdot; Tue Mar 31st, 2015, 11:19 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            RepTdot wrote: View Post
            yea totally agree we can't take this month lightly...Although the last 8 games all are against teams with a losing record and a combined WP of .382- 6 are against teams in a dog fight for the last 2 playoff spots in the east (BKN, CHA x2, BOS x2, MIA), either way we are locked into #3 or #4, Mil or Was- both best case scenarios 1st rd matchup... as long as we get to the 2nd rd to face CLE or ATL the season will be a success...ideally we win 6 of 8 and hit 50 wins and make the 2nd round...the exact the pre-season goals for this year.
            And a majority here would still be cranky and call this team a joke
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • #7
              KeonClark wrote: View Post
              And a majority here would still be cranky and call this team a joke
              we came into this season expecting 50 wins and a 2nd round appearance and are on track on hit it...we got spoiled with the way the team played in 2014, this team is talented but flawed and we all knew that we were good but not ready to be contenders this year.

              Comment


              • #8
                RepTdot wrote: View Post
                we came into this season expecting 50 wins and a 2nd round appearance and are on track on hit it...we got spoiled with the way the team played in 2014, this team is talented but flawed and we all knew that we were good but not ready to be contenders this year.
                Raptors should be Atlantic Division winners and are better than #5-8 and better than #6-8 at least. 50 wins in the East isn't the same as 50 in the West. Being unable to be in the playoffs after a decade of lottery picks is bad

                Comment


                • #9
                  Personally, I think the Bucks is a much easier 1st round matchup than the Wiz. Post Knight trade they've been pretty damn mediocre to bad. The Wiz have lots of vets and players with star cred, which goes a loooong way in the playoffs. I'd be far more impressed if we took down the Wiz in round 1 than if we took down the Bucks. We should just do our best to get the 3 seed while letting Lowry heal up for the playoffs. If Lowry goes down again with back issues or whatever, we aren't going to win any playoff series.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think I've found my peace. Try to win but not at the expense of wearing anyone out. Lots of bench play and let the playoff seeds fall where they may

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Anyone still optimistic about hitting 50 wins? We'd have to win out the season. Crazy that we beat Houston and then lose to the Nets and Celtics. I guess the Houston win may have been Derozan going supernova as opposed to a turning point.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Primer wrote: View Post
                        Anyone still optimistic about hitting 50 wins? We'd have to win out the season. Crazy that we beat Houston and then lose to the Nets and Celtics. I guess the Houston win may have been Derozan going supernova as opposed to a turning point.
                        We play Charlotte Wednesday and on the last day of the season. Those 2 games are almost guaranteed loses
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          We play Charlotte Wednesday and on the last day of the season. Those 2 games are almost guaranteed loses
                          Better question, do we match last year's win total? Would be a pretty massive disappointment to not get 48 wins after our ridiculous start to the season.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            I think I've found my peace. Try to win but not at the expense of wearing anyone out. Lots of bench play and let the playoff seeds fall where they may
                            Like the Hawks, who've been resting starters and giving them 24 minutes each when they do play. I'd also like to see the Raps start working in some zone defense. Basically use the remaining games kind of like pre-season. Only danger is that we play a lot of teams fighting for playoff spots, so if we're too relaxed and they're playing desperate, that's a risky situation for injury.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              golden wrote: View Post
                              Like the Hawks, who've been resting starters and giving them 24 minutes each when they do play. I'd also like to see the Raps start working in some zone defense. Basically use the remaining games kind of like pre-season. Only danger is that we play a lot of teams fighting for playoff spots, so if we're too relaxed and they're playing desperate, that's a risky situation for injury.
                              It's too late to do anything with the defense. The whole thing is broken in too many fundamental ways - and with Lowry and Amir either banged up or injured or otherwise out of the lineup - it is simply beyond repair. No tactical adjustments are going to make a material difference at this point.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X