• Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Wrong
    Care to elaborate? Lol

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Glad to see Masai still believes in what's getting done. It's process we haven't gotten there yet. Patience people.
      You're correct sir! Patience is needed! Even though Even though Raps stats look like S&P 500 chart from 2008, but as we know, investors with patience got rewarded! Same thing will happen to the Raptors. Don't change anything, let this team GO DOWN as long as possible and then BOOM, we'll get a ring. It's all planned.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
        Care to elaborate? Lol
        Time for patience is over

We keep expecting this team to break out of the Raptors mold of old, yet don't make any significant changes. Insanity I say

Comment

Time for patience is over

We keep expecting this team to break out of the Raptors mold of old, yet don't make any significant changes. Insanity I say
          I'm inclined to agree with you, but I think it depends on how one defines "patience".
          I'd say there are still plenty of big moves that could be made without dismantling the core group of players, and I think we have to consider all of those options to improve our team before simply trading away all our more-or-less 'proven' assets for younger 'unproven' ones, or start making Colangelo-style splashy trades just for the sake of moving sideways.
          If we somehow managed to find a Coach that could come in and find those small tweaks, ala Kerr, that allow all of players to play to their strengths, I think that is a move that could vault us half a step closer. If we could then add a key contributor via Free Agency or Masai-being-Masai, then again, I think we take another step toward being Legit Contenders.

So while I'm all in for making moves, and altering the status quo, I think 'Patience' can still be something that is also an asset moving forward with certain players.

Comment

I'm inclined to agree with you, but I think it depends on how one defines "patience".
            I'd say there are still plenty of big moves that could be made without dismantling the core group of players, and I think we have to consider all of those options to improve our team before simply trading away all our more-or-less 'proven' assets for younger 'unproven' ones, or start making Colangelo-style splashy trades just for the sake of moving sideways.
            If we somehow managed to find a Coach that could come in and find those small tweaks, ala Kerr, that allow all of players to play to their strengths, I think that is a move that could vault us half a step closer. If we could then add a key contributor via Free Agency or Masai-being-Masai, then again, I think we take another step toward being Legit Contenders.

So while I'm all in for making moves, and altering the status quo, I think 'Patience' can still be something that is also an asset moving forward with certain players.
            Well we established that pretty much the only core players we have are Lowry and JV, with Bruno potentially being one.

Please no Colangelo trades. Personally I would like MU to trade into future drafts as much as possible. (BCo traded out)

Free agency doesn't concern me unless it is KD or some fantastic name like that. We can build through the draft easily enough.

And yes a new coach is needed to actually play young guys.

Looking at our roster, we could potentially get 3-4 first round picks over the next few years (DD - 2, Patterson - 1, Ross - 1)

Let the rest of the roster expire this season. Trade GV for anything not-GV. Perhaps a Reggie Bullock type...

Go into the offseason with

JV
            Lowry
            Bruno
            Bebe
            Trade filler from acquiring picks
            Picks

New Coach

Instead of slowly adapting to a culture shift. Radically change it and put the responsibilities on JV. This will create a dynamic shift in the organization and build from there.

Have to tear down walls to build new one. It sucks, but it should have been done already. Just delaying the inevitable.

Comment

Well we established that pretty much the only core players we have are Lowry and JV, with Bruno potentially being one.
              Who's we? I certainly never did. Lol I absolutely consider Demar to be a key part going forward; especially if we consider Lowry a keeper. Why keep Lowry if not with the hope to be successful. If we're tanking, then tank and trade everything, but there's no point in keeping Lowry if we're literally trading everyone else. By the time we would be even remotely competitive again, Lowry would be long past his prime.

I consider you're proposal far too drastic a change without first seeing what the smaller changes I suggested will grant us.

Comment

Who's we? I certainly never did. Lol I absolutely consider Demar to be a key part going forward; especially if we consider Lowry a keeper. Why keep Lowry if not with the hope to be successful. If we're tanking, then tank and trade everything, but there's no point in keeping Lowry if we're literally trading everyone else. By the time we would be even remotely competitive again, Lowry would be long past his prime.

I consider you're proposal far too drastic a change without first seeing what the smaller changes I suggested will grant us.
                Royal we

Based on the "building blocks" thread, JV, Lowry and Bruno were the only ones with majority votes for core pieces.

You were 1 of 3 (or 4 posters) who voted DD as a core piece.

My statement was accurate (pretty much the only core players are Lowry, JV,Bruno)

The problem with small changes, is that this team isn't plagued by small issues. There are major problems at its core that need to be fixed, and therefor drastic changes are called for.

For example: for years we have been a soft, poor defensive team that has been inefficient and unable to close games. For the vast majority of the last 4 years we have been those teams by featuring DD on the perimeter. You can't have your cake and eat it to.

You want to change the way the team plays and the perception of the team, but are unwilling to change the major players who make up said team. We can do small changes (ie end of bench turnover - Colangelo style), but they wont change anything. You need to change the core pieces to change the actual core.

Moving to a player like JV who is a team first guy who plays hard every minute he is on the court is a good step in that direction. However, he will never have the spotlight until DD is gone, and possibly Lowry as well. Though I made the decision to keep Lowry based on the principal that a combo of Lowry and JV will still make us a playoff bound team in the East. And winning breeds winning for the young guys we hope to draft

*I am using DD as the example

Comment

I have always been a MU supporter but I detected a tinge of "I know better" in his interview. Maybe I am hearing it wrong. I am cool with MU taking the route he has so far incl. not making any moves at the trade deadline at the expense of probably assets better kept until he was more sure or for a better exchange. Patience is a very good virtue but one runs into another "p" attribute ...procrastination...if you aren't careful.

And I hope MU is not looking for apathy from the fans. That same connection which fills the ACC, raises the tv viewing numbers and makes fans travel to away games also fuels the fan impatience and passion he is obviously detecting. This in my view is a good thing as long as it's not outrageous expectations (eg. NY Knick fans at large).

Next time-benchmark for meaningful change: This summer. Hope you have some moves/picks in mind Masai.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    Emotional see-saw = silly
                    Emotional Balance = realistic

your welcomed haha
                    heehee

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      My expectations were in check.. but when the Raptors play bad basketball, they play "BAAAAADDDDD" basketball. Just fugly. And that is what gets me upset. I have no problems if they lose but are playing the right way. And this fugly basketball is what lead to the #FireCasey tirade.

When a team is young and is just developing prospects, the bad basketball is taken with a grain of salt because everyone is basically new to the game.. but when you have a team of veterans that don't know how to play its irritating.

The Triano era was hard to watch and there were veterans, but I could put the blame squarely on Bargnani's shoulders because he was the worst basketball player ever, and I'm not exaggerating. Hard to put the blame on a single player this time around, but there is definitely blame to be had even if this team is winning more then losing.
                      Agreed. As for the "balance", the whole idea of being a fan is following the ebb and flow of any sport on any given season. Bad Raptors basketball is unbearable and invokes the #firecasey sentiments because well, it's that bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        My expectations were in check.. but when the Raptors play bad basketball, they play "BAAAAADDDDD" basketball. Just fugly. And that is what gets me upset. I have no problems if they lose but are playing the right way. And this fugly basketball is what lead to the #FireCasey tirade.

When a team is young and is just developing prospects, the bad basketball is taken with a grain of salt because everyone is basically new to the game.. but when you have a team of veterans that don't know how to play its irritating.

The Triano era was hard to watch and there were veterans, but I could put the blame squarely on Bargnani's shoulders because he was the worst basketball player ever, and I'm not exaggerating. Hard to put the blame on a single player this time around, but there is definitely blame to be had even if this team is winning more then losing.
                        I love your comment on Bargnani. I can't believe I bought into the kool aid BC sold us for so many years. It's painful to think we could have had Aldridge instead of AB. Just think...

KL/DD/JJ/LA/JV.

Damn that would be a great line-up.

Comment

No thanks Kelly.
                          I'm not a fan, I'm a critic.
                          2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                            No thanks Kelly.
                            I'm not a fan, I'm a critic.
                            I don't really get what this means.

I would call a critic to be someone like Zach Lowe who examines the NBA but has no real vested rooting interest other than good play.

If you want a particular team to do better because of what team they are, who is on the team or any other reason you're a fan of that team no?

Comment

Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                              I don't really get what this means.

I would call a critic to be someone like Zach Lowe who examines the NBA but has no real vested rooting interest other than good play.

If you want a particular team to do better because of what team they are, who is on the team or any other reason you're a fan of that team no?
                              There's some truth in that. I am a "fan" of basketball. I only support the raptors because I'm born here. I don't blindly accept them though , I call a spade a spade.
                              I feel more like a critic then a fan.
                              2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

We all knew emotional see saw was part of the deal when we became die hard fans.
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X