• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McRealistic
    replied
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    And what if picks don't pan out?
    You will be at the same place as you are. Right now, Lou is walking and you have nothing. By trading him then, and realizing this team will not go far in the play offs, at least u had few picks to take a chance on.

Again, I think MU's lack of activity at the trade deadline was out of fear of messing the team chemistry and believing that this team has a chance in play offs.

Leave a comment:

• Bandit
    replied
    McRealistic wrote: View Post
    Nicely said.
    Procrastination means lost opportunities. Expiring contracts are assets on this league that can be converted to picks and ... MU believed in this team because if he did not, he should have traded the 6th man of the year for some picks.

I can understand not making major moves and sticking with this team last year but his lack of activity this year, especially close the end just tells me he miscalculated how good this team really is.

As I said before, this is his summer. He needs to make his moves.

There are ONLY 2 untouchables in this team: DD and Big Val
    I do tend to agree with you on that but for whatever reason I have been thinking about it today and kind of came to a startling conclusion: If a cleaver was taken to this roster and not a single player/Coach/Assistant was left over by tip off next year I would not mind if we got good value by getting rid of them.

If I am MU, there is not a single individual who is off the table for the right deal.

Except maybe Bruno, but that's only because of my curiosity to see him play.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    McRealistic wrote: View Post
    Nicely said.
    Procrastination means lost opportunities. Expiring contracts are assets on this league that can be converted to picks and ... MU believed in this team because if he did not, he should have traded the 6th man of the year for some picks.

I can understand not making major moves and sticking with this team last year but his lack of activity this year, especially close the end just tells me he miscalculated how good this team really is.

And what if picks don't pan out?

Leave a comment:

• McRealistic
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    I have always been a MU supporter but I detected a tinge of "I know better" in his interview. Maybe I am hearing it wrong. I am cool with MU taking the route he has so far incl. not making any moves at the trade deadline at the expense of probably assets better kept until he was more sure or for a better exchange. Patience is a very good virtue but one runs into another "p" attribute ...procrastination...if you aren't careful.
    Nicely said.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    To have a see-saw you need some ups--it has been all down in playoffs....
    They spelled slide wrong

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    To have a see-saw you need some ups--it has been all down in playoffs....

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    I'm really looking forward to Masai's thoughts on how we need to find our emotional balance. Has anyone seen my zen? I'm sure it's around here somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Z
    replied
    We all knew emotional see saw was part of the deal when we became die hard fans.

Leave a comment:

• SamMitchells
    replied
    Jrice9 wrote: View Post
    I don't really get what this means.

I would call a critic to be someone like Zach Lowe who examines the NBA but has no real vested rooting interest other than good play.

If you want a particular team to do better because of what team they are, who is on the team or any other reason you're a fan of that team no?
    There's some truth in that. I am a "fan" of basketball. I only support the raptors because I'm born here. I don't blindly accept them though , I call a spade a spade.
    I feel more like a critic then a fan.

Leave a comment:

• Jrice9
    replied
    SamMitchells wrote: View Post
    No thanks Kelly.
    I'm not a fan, I'm a critic.
    I don't really get what this means.

I would call a critic to be someone like Zach Lowe who examines the NBA but has no real vested rooting interest other than good play.

If you want a particular team to do better because of what team they are, who is on the team or any other reason you're a fan of that team no?

Leave a comment:

• SamMitchells
    replied
    No thanks Kelly.
    I'm not a fan, I'm a critic.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    My expectations were in check.. but when the Raptors play bad basketball, they play "BAAAAADDDDD" basketball. Just fugly. And that is what gets me upset. I have no problems if they lose but are playing the right way. And this fugly basketball is what lead to the #FireCasey tirade.

When a team is young and is just developing prospects, the bad basketball is taken with a grain of salt because everyone is basically new to the game.. but when you have a team of veterans that don't know how to play its irritating.

The Triano era was hard to watch and there were veterans, but I could put the blame squarely on Bargnani's shoulders because he was the worst basketball player ever, and I'm not exaggerating. Hard to put the blame on a single player this time around, but there is definitely blame to be had even if this team is winning more then losing.
    I love your comment on Bargnani. I can't believe I bought into the kool aid BC sold us for so many years. It's painful to think we could have had Aldridge instead of AB. Just think...

KL/DD/JJ/LA/JV.

Damn that would be a great line-up.

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    My expectations were in check.. but when the Raptors play bad basketball, they play "BAAAAADDDDD" basketball. Just fugly. And that is what gets me upset. I have no problems if they lose but are playing the right way. And this fugly basketball is what lead to the #FireCasey tirade.

When a team is young and is just developing prospects, the bad basketball is taken with a grain of salt because everyone is basically new to the game.. but when you have a team of veterans that don't know how to play its irritating.

The Triano era was hard to watch and there were veterans, but I could put the blame squarely on Bargnani's shoulders because he was the worst basketball player ever, and I'm not exaggerating. Hard to put the blame on a single player this time around, but there is definitely blame to be had even if this team is winning more then losing.
    Agreed. As for the "balance", the whole idea of being a fan is following the ebb and flow of any sport on any given season. Bad Raptors basketball is unbearable and invokes the #firecasey sentiments because well, it's that bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Emotional see-saw = silly
    Emotional Balance = realistic

your welcomed haha
    heehee

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    I have always been a MU supporter but I detected a tinge of "I know better" in his interview. Maybe I am hearing it wrong. I am cool with MU taking the route he has so far incl. not making any moves at the trade deadline at the expense of probably assets better kept until he was more sure or for a better exchange. Patience is a very good virtue but one runs into another "p" attribute ...procrastination...if you aren't careful.

And I hope MU is not looking for apathy from the fans. That same connection which fills the ACC, raises the tv viewing numbers and makes fans travel to away games also fuels the fan impatience and passion he is obviously detecting. This in my view is a good thing as long as it's not outrageous expectations (eg. NY Knick fans at large).

Next time-benchmark for meaningful change: This summer. Hope you have some moves/picks in mind Masai.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X