Game #76: Toronto Raptors 109 - Brooklyn Nets 114

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    His the golden boy of this forum. JV can never do wrong it's either his teammates or the coaches fault.
    Just as you lash out at anyone who criticizes demar, people who like JV lash out at anyone criticizes him.

DDelight wrote: View Post
    I find it odd that JV is the only guy on this team that isn't allowed to be singled out though?

Literally every player in our rotation has had posters say something negative about them throughout the season without being followed by a caveat.

I swear hotfuzz's above post is one of the first times I've seen a negative post about JV that wasn't followed with a "BUT he did this good and that good and blah blah blah".

He's an NBA player who hasn't reached his peak yet, why can't someone say something negative about him without people going off on the poster?
    Actually, my post was sarcasm. People here are expecting JV to play like prime Howard erasing the mistakes committed by his teammates. This team's perimeter D is absolute bollocks! No center would look good in this system. It would be like expecting demar to play like Kobe and then criticizing him for not playing like Kobe
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• I'm JVs fan boy. Hate DD and every one else on this team. Jonas is the real leagues MVP. Temecula ANYONE?

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
        People are just frustrated with his lack of playing time, and the fact that in the past he was not allowed to play through his mistakes. To me it's not that he can't do anything wrong. He just wasn't allowed to correct himself, unless he could magically do so from the bench.

And about his mistakes being the fault of his coaches and teammates, we can pretty much say that about some of the other players too. Is it Vasquez' fault that he's constantly tasked to guard people that he quite simply can't stay in front of? Whose brilliant idea was that? JV can only do so much if people keep dribbling into the paint.
        Just had to respond to this. Seriously, I swear GV has gotten less mobile/slower this season. Cannot think of when I could say GV performed an adequate defensive job on so n so. Could you name anyone? Masai hasnt made many personnel mistakes but I believe this was one and at that price too.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          Just had to respond to this. Seriously, I swear GV has gotten less mobile/slower this season. Cannot think of when I could say GV performed an adequate defensive job on so n so. Could you name anyone? Masai hasnt made many personnel mistakes but I believe this was one and at that price too.
          My .02:

Could it be GV, and the perimeter as whole, are not held accountable for a shitty defensive effort because the defense as a whole is based on constant help rotations. If they don't defend, it is just part of the system, and someone else will cover their ass. Where the blame falls is on the bigs and guys like JJ in large part because the initial defensive resistance is so minimal it leaves the rotation a step behind.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

• Hopefully Amir is shut down for the rest of the season with that ankle roll.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              My .02:

Could it be GV, and the perimeter as whole, are not held accountable for a shitty defensive effort because the defense as a whole is based on constant help rotations. If they don't defend, it is just part of the system, and someone else will cover their ass. Where the blame falls is on the bigs and guys like JJ in large part because the initial defensive resistance is so minimal it leaves the rotation a step behind.

Just my thoughts.
              We're not being lazy! The defense is help intensive!!!
              OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                People are just frustrated with his lack of playing time, and the fact that in the past he was not allowed to play through his mistakes. To me it's not that he can't do anything wrong. He just wasn't allowed to correct himself, unless he could magically do so from the bench.
                Precisely

Comment

• We have to win today.

I want the Pacers to make the playoffs. Would be a great feel good story especially after Paul George returning.

#ForThePacers

Comment

• D will looked like the player off old,lopez playing the best ball of his career young for garnett what a steal. I am a raptor fan but it's nice to see the nets pulling together for Hollins who was shafted in memphis.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                      it's nice to see the nets pulling together.
                      Treason.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                      X