Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rate DD among the two's in the NBA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a raptors fan site, fuck being politically correct I put DD at number 1 that's our fucking solder right there, kid leaves his blood sweat and heart out on the court and he wants to do is Win.

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
      This is a raptors fan site, fuck being politically correct I put DD at number 1 that's our fucking solder right there, kid leaves his blood sweat and heart out on the court and he wants to do is Win.
      Bahahaha...love this kind of stuff...I realize your opinion isn't limited to the listed qualities, but none of that has anything to do with how good a player is. That description could easily be any number of scrubs, like Brian Scalabrine

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        Personally, I'd like to see this team WITH a superstar offensive talent.
        Sure god bless.

How are we proposing to do that?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Bahahaha...love this kind of stuff...I realize your opinion isn't limited to the listed qualities, but none of that has anything to do with how good a player is. That description could easily be any number of scrubs, like Brian Scalabrine
          Don't forget the always underrated Supersonic himself, Nick Collison.

Comment

Jrice9 wrote: View Post
            Its a fair point that context matters but I do question how much more effective the Raptors would be offensively without a superstar offensive talent.

The obvious counter point is the Hawks but the Hawks have much better big men with worse but not that much worse guards and also have Korver.

I really do think the source of the Raptors problems this year are far from DeRozan and largely fall on the relative ineffectiveness of virtually every single perimeter defender they have (where I would say DeMar and JJ are the two best respectively) and their very inconsistent play from their big men.

To go back a bit to DeMar on this issue. In a vacuum most teams are not trading DeMar for the players listed. In specific circumstances it might make sense but the Raptors rightfully would want a sweetner in addition to the SGs listed.

I would have him competing with every else in total value other than Harden, Thompson and Butler (Matthews was better but then he tore his achilles so who knows where this is going)
            First, I don't consider anybody on the Raptors to be close to a 'superstar talent'.

Second, I don't think DeRozan would ever be traded for a fellow SG (or wing), and certainly not straight-up. I could see him traded to a contending team for prospects/picks, which could include a SG. However, it's more likely that he would get traded for a different position, such as PF - equal talent/salary, just at a different position.

Comment

I'd rank DeMar top 20...

(•_•)
              ( •_•)>⌐■-■
              (⌐■_■)

All time.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                I'm aware of this but if i start using statistics they tend to not go in Demars favor so instead I like to think of the type of player he would be under a lets say an actually nba coach, well for the sake or argument lets say a top ten coach. a lot of the garbage and wasted usage would be cleaned up and it would only benefit Demars game, kids got an unreal dedication to the game. btw yes im being incredibly biased lol

Comment

Working...
                X