Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #77: Boston Celtics 117 - Toronto Raptors 116

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Oh no doubt, it was still a great decision by him, both the timeout and the new play.

    I'm realllllly hoping they get into the playoffs.
    Hoping Casey takes a cue from Stevens and sends Lowry and a big whenever he decides to try an ISO rim run with Demar late in games. Lowry can scramble for the likely strip or dribble off the foot while JV or Amir grabs the air ball or miss.

    Comment


    • Mack North wrote: View Post
      I didn't see anyone comment on this, but I've kinda felt this way since the first game Raps played them this year. They just look like a team that fights for their coach, their team, and the city they play.

      Im watching game-in-an-hour now cuz i missed the game. I really dont wanna watch til the end, but i have to see how the raps fared overall.

      Cant believe they fuckin lost to the C**tics!
      Amazing the difference coaching can actually make.

      A coach who gets his players to play hard will beat a coach who doesn't every day of the week. Talent is just the starting point. Hard work and good plans are what win in the NBA.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

      If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

      Comment


      • Axel wrote: View Post
        Amazing the difference coaching can actually make.

        A coach who gets his players to play hard will beat a coach who doesn't every day of the week. Talent is just the starting point. Hard work and good plans are what win in the NBA.
        Even though Celtics are losing, this is what a winning culture actually looks like. Stevens and Ainge are laying down a sustainable foundation of playing the right way with the coaching staff firmly in command.

        Whereas the Raps culture is "appease Lowry". Might take a few years, but once Ainge flips those picks and developing young players for real talent, C's will be relevant again.

        Comment


        • golden wrote: View Post
          Even though Celtics are losing, this is what a winning culture actually looks like. Stevens and Ainge are laying down a sustainable foundation of playing the right way with the coaching staff firmly in command.

          Whereas the Raps culture is "appease Lowry". Might take a few years, but once Ainge flips those picks and developing young players for real talent, C's will be relevant again.
          Don't think it will take that long. Stevens is a brilliant coach and Ainge is willing to take risks to make the team better. As long as Ainge doesn't swing and miss too much, this team will be relevant from now on.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

          If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

          Comment


          • Axel wrote: View Post
            Amazing the difference coaching can actually make.

            A coach who gets his players to play hard will beat a coach who doesn't every day of the week. Talent is just the starting point. Hard work and good plans are what win in the NBA.
            So true. I suspect what we saw last night is a preview of what's coming in playoffs...

            Comment


            • Surprised no one has mentioned Hansbrough fouling out as one of the key moments of the game. Hansbrough fouling out was huge because it forced Casey to go real small(can't blame him). It sucks when you have a C like JV who is just a huge liability on D. Can't trust the guy.

              Watching this team play without Amir made me realize how important he is to this team. They would've won the Brooklyn game and the game last night if Amir was healthy. They miss his defensive presence big time.

              Amir is not the quickest guy either, he's always hobbling. But his defensive awareness is off the charts.
              What it do baybeeee!!

              Comment


              • Hansbrough was tremendous last night, for sure. But JV bas in no way a problem defensively. Jonas had a +34 net rating in the 4th Q, holding the Celtics to a 101 ORTG. He sat for the entire overtime, in which they had a 136 ORTG.

                Jonas is far from perfect, but a huge liability on D he is not. His absence appears to be a liability though.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • TRex wrote: View Post
                  Surprised no one has mentioned Hansbrough fouling out as one of the key moments of the game. Hansbrough fouling out was huge because it forced Casey to go real small(can't blame him). It sucks when you have a C like JV who is just a huge liability on D. Can't trust the guy.

                  Watching this team play without Amir made me realize how important he is to this team. They would've won the Brooklyn game and the game last night if Amir was healthy. They miss his defensive presence big time.

                  Amir is not the quickest guy either, he's always hobbling. But his defensive awareness is off the charts.
                  Vasquez, Ross, Derozan and Lou are huge liabilities on D. Valanciunas, Amir, Patterson and Hansbrough just get to defend the 2-on-1 that occurs because of them. Amir is better at it than anyone else we have but this is a perimeter problem first.

                  Comment


                  • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Give me a better explanation for that timeout.
                    That was clearly a designed play. Spread floor. Had Isaiah running from the back court. Players came to help, so Thomas didn't have cler path to basket leaving player open on weak side for rebound tip in or pass for layup

                    Comment


                    • Was at the game actually. Some notes.

                      Casey had a coaches-only meeting after the 3rd quarter and the 1st Q TO, both times not talking to the players at all, and several other times he had a coaches only meeting and then afterwards talked to the players. On the other hand, Stevens talked to his players every single time there was a stoppage of play, no coaches-only meetings at all.

                      Bruno came out at halftime to practice, he showed off some decent dribbling skills. Didn't shoot much.

                      Patterson came out as well, to take some shots. All of his shots were 3 pointers, and he missed almost all of him. He's just off I guess, shooting slump?

                      James took some 3 pointers from the corners as well. He didn't take too many, hit maybe 20-30% of them?

                      Also, when Lou hit the last 3 pointer in OT, the entire arena jumped up in sync, it was absolutely ridiculously loud. I loved it.

                      That's it I guess.

                      Comment


                      • Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                        Was at the game actually. Some notes.

                        Casey had a coaches-only meeting after the 3rd quarter and the 1st Q TO, both times not talking to the players at all, and several other times he had a coaches only meeting and then afterwards talked to the players. On the other hand, Stevens talked to his players every single time there was a stoppage of play, no coaches-only meetings at all.

                        Bruno came out at halftime to practice, he showed off some decent dribbling skills. Didn't shoot much.

                        Patterson came out as well, to take some shots. All of his shots were 3 pointers, and he missed almost all of him. He's just off I guess, shooting slump?

                        James took some 3 pointers from the corners as well. He didn't take too many, hit maybe 20-30% of them?

                        Also, when Lou hit the last 3 pointer in OT, the entire arena jumped up in sync, it was absolutely ridiculously loud. I loved it.

                        That's it I guess.
                        Son of a mother DUCK!

                        Bruno needs to learn to be an elite spot up shooter before anything else. Why are they so stupid!!??

                        Comment


                        • OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                          Son of a mother DUCK!

                          Bruno needs to learn to be an elite spot up shooter before anything else. Why are they so stupid!!??
                          I actually don't remember him shooting at all, he might've just been dribbling the entire time and I just assumed he took some shots.

                          The coaches were inside the locker room though if I remember correctly, so him dribbling was his own idea.

                          Comment


                          • Next game thread?
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

                            Comment


                            • Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                              I actually don't remember him shooting at all, he might've just been dribbling the entire time and I just assumed he took some shots.

                              The coaches were inside the locker room though if I remember correctly, so him dribbling was his own idea.
                              I would assume he has a workout program...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X