Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2024 Off-season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts



  • Trent is cooked
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

    Comment


    • Trent will find a team, but yeah it looks like he's going to have to get really lucky to get the MLE.

      Comment


      • Paul Reed got picked up by the Pistons off the waiver.. so will pick up his $8M contract. Not sure how much they have left, but feels like Trent's market is super soft right now.

        Also what's up with Kyle! Is some contender going to give him another shot? Or is he finally going to sign that 1 day contract with the Raptors and officially hang 'em up?

        Comment


        • planetmars wrote: View Post
          Paul Reed got picked up by the Pistons off the waiver.. so will pick up his $8M contract. Not sure how much they have left, but feels like Trent's market is super soft right now.

          Also what's up with Kyle! Is some contender going to give him another shot? Or is he finally going to sign that 1 day contract with the Raptors and officially hang 'em up?
          I think he’ll be back with the Sixers if they still have space. Maybe it’s already said but they want to keep their flexibility a couple other days.


          Comment


          • planetmars wrote: View Post
            Paul Reed got picked up by the Pistons off the waiver.. so will pick up his $8M contract. Not sure how much they have left, but feels like Trent's market is super soft right now.

            Also what's up with Kyle! Is some contender going to give him another shot? Or is he finally going to sign that 1 day contract with the Raptors and officially hang 'em up?
            Too bad we had to sign Temple's sorry ass instead of the GROAT.

            I'm sure Temple's bench wisdom is far more valuable........

            Comment


            • Primer wrote: View Post

              Too bad we had to sign Temple's sorry ass instead of the GROAT.

              I'm sure Temple's bench wisdom is far more valuable........
              I would agree that the GROAT would be cool, but I would also wonder if he could go quietly into the night.

              Being that he cannot play at the level he was used to, would he be a great leader off the bench. Would he build up the young guys? Or be abrasive? Would he like the fact that Scottie is the new face of the franchise? His predecessor was FVV and he and Scottie clashed.

              Would he embrace the small victories of getting better each day at the cost of the wins column in his last years in the league.

              I'm not saying that he couldn't, but Temple has already accepted that role. Scottie embraced him. That is known. How Lowry would accept that role is unknown.

              Comment


              • Primer wrote: View Post

                Too bad we had to sign Temple's sorry ass instead of the GROAT.

                I'm sure Temple's bench wisdom is far more valuable........
                Lowry isn't going to sign somewhere just to sit around dispensing wisdom and getting some occasional garbage time like Temple. He wants to play.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                Comment


                • Shredder wrote: View Post

                  I would agree that the GROAT would be cool, but I would also wonder if he could go quietly into the night.

                  Being that he cannot play at the level he was used to, would he be a great leader off the bench. Would he build up the young guys? Or be abrasive? Would he like the fact that Scottie is the new face of the franchise? His predecessor was FVV and he and Scottie clashed.

                  Would he embrace the small victories of getting better each day at the cost of the wins column in his last years in the league.

                  I'm not saying that he couldn't, but Temple has already accepted that role. Scottie embraced him. That is known. How Lowry would accept that role is unknown.
                  I can say with 100% confidence that Lowry would be a great leader and mentor because he has been for so long. Why would anyone doubt him?

                  Comment


                  • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

                    Lowry isn't going to sign somewhere just to sit around dispensing wisdom and getting some occasional garbage time like Temple. He wants to play.
                    If he reups with Philly that makes sense. If he ends up on some non contender I'll be upset. I hope we at least asked him before signing Temple.

                    Comment


                    • Apparently Phoenix is working to sign Lowry, but nothing is done.

                      Comment


                      • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

                        Lowry isn't going to sign somewhere just to sit around dispensing wisdom and getting some occasional garbage time like Temple. He wants to play.
                        Lowry really cares about winning. Those type of guys can be terrible to be around when you’re on a losing team.

                        Temple, on the other, is built for losing.

                        #TankSZN
                        #Lag for Flagg (tm)

                        Comment


                        • Primer wrote: View Post

                          If he reups with Philly that makes sense. If he ends up on some non contender I'll be upset. I hope we at least asked him before signing Temple.
                          IMO there's no way he signs with a tanker.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                          Comment


                          • Yeah, contenders signing vet min guys like Lowry happens last. Not shocking it would drag out. And no, he would not be a good fit for the Temple role, he's definitely still hoping for real playing time.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

                              IMO there's no way he signs with a tanker.
                              We're not a tanker. Masai was pretty damn adamant about that at the press conference and so was Scottie.

                              Comment





                              • Looks like we're officially moving on.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X