Everything 2024 Off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Thunder got eliminated last night. In my opinion they need a veteran who has won an NBA championship to help their young core. They have more draft picks than they can use. Brown to OKC for a future pick might work well for both teams. I don't think OKC could do it until after the draft though.
    the salary matching for them is weird unless its dort... but i doubt it.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

Dick can’t play defence and Agbaji is 6’4”.

I think Tristan Da Silva fits. Maybe KyShawn George but both are not as strong of defenders as I would like.
      de silva would be very nice

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Stretch C's that aren't complete sieves on defense aren't easy to come by though. And the awkward fit was Scottie with Jak AND Pascal, three front court guys that don't shoot particularly well from the perimeter. Lots of teams can get away without a stretch C like Minny for example.
        yeah but they also literally have KAT who is a 50/40/90 guy beside him or can play Naz Reid.

Comment

• Mentioned this in the playoff thread but the topic fits better here.

Denver is rumored to have to move MPJ in the offseason for cheaper pieces.

Bruce Brown and Boucher for MPJ.

This works salary wise. Gets us a young starting SF under term who is elite at shooting and fits pretty well with Scottie.

What do you guys think?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Mentioned this in the playoff thread but the topic fits better here.

This works salary wise. Gets us a young starting SF under term who is elite at shooting and fits pretty well with Scottie.

What do you guys think?
            I think some draft capital would have to go to them as well but I like it. It’s not perfect as he’s not an elite defender, but he is a great 3 point shooter. He’s got the length to cover both forward spots and allows RJ to be a bully 2 guard.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

What do you guys think?
              Would be one hilarious twist if he is traded here and some news come out about him like his brothers.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Would be one hilarious twist if he is traded here and some news come out about him like his brothers.
                Yeah the more I learned about his family crazier it got.

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

What do you guys think?
                  MPJ is a 3 minus D.

We saw how much energy Scottie had to expend on D when OG & Siakam left, and MPJ would make it even tougher.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

MPJ is a 3 minus D.

We saw how much energy Scottie had to expend on D when OG & Siakam left, and MPJ would make it even tougher.
                    It's definitely not a perfect fit but it does tick a lot of the boxes. Need to weigh that against the odds of us being able to acquire a perfect fit. Also how little we are giving up here to get him in this proposal, 2 guys we do not want. Probably safe to assume we'd need to include the 31st pick.

The next best option I'm seeing is make a really big offer to Miles Bridges. Not sure how much better he is defensively, if at all. When they went head to head both guys scored a ton.

Open to more suggestions of players to target. I do not think a perfect 3&D SF is just going to fall into our laps.

Comment

It's definitely not a perfect fit but it does tick a lot of the boxes. Need to weigh that against the odds of us being able to acquire a perfect fit. Also how little we are giving up here to get him in this proposal, 2 guys we do not want. Probably safe to assume we'd need to include the 31st pick.

The next best option I'm seeing is make a really big offer to Miles Bridges. Not sure how much better he is defensively, if at all. When they went head to head both guys scored a ton.

Open to more suggestions of players to target. I do not think a perfect 3&D SF is just going to fall into our laps.
                      3&D should be an archetype you can find in the draft, if you're willing to settle for just that. A guy like Herb Jones was a second-rounder (#35). Otherwise, trade for a stop-gap vet, like Royce Jones, DFS, etc...

Comment

3&D should be an archetype you can find in the draft, if you're willing to settle for just that. A guy like Herb Jones was a second-rounder (#35). Otherwise, trade for a stop-gap vet, like Royce Jones, DFS, etc...
                        A guy like Herb Jones isn't that easy to get or every team would have one.

DFS is old and not a great shooter and not a great defender either.

I'm assuming you mean Royce O'Neale. He kinda fits the bill accept he's too old. Of the cheaper options he's not a bad choice. He will be a free agent so no need for a trade. That said he will likely have many suitors at the MLE range and I wouldn't wanna pay him more than that considering his age and production.

Comment

Jones was a 2nd rounder because he couldn't shoot, despite being an elite defender. Played 4 years at Bama and his senior season was the only one he shot better than 29% from 3, and even then made just 20 3's in 33 games. Bit like Norm Powell who shot under 32% from 3 each of his last 3 seasons at UCLA, only to turn into one of the best and most consistent 3 point shooters in the league.

Then there's the archetype 3&D draftee who made 38% and 41% his final 2 seasons with 181 makes in 69 games. He went late lottery. That's Ochai.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

Jones was a 2nd rounder because he couldn't shoot, despite being an elite defender. Played 4 years at Bama and his senior season was the only one he shot better than 29% from 3, and even then made just 20 3's in 33 games. Bit like Norm Powell who shot under 32% from 3 each of his last 3 seasons at UCLA, only to turn into one of the best and most consistent 3 point shooters in the league.

Then there's the archetype 3&D draftee who made 38% and 41% his final 2 seasons with 181 makes in 69 games. He went late lottery. That's Ochai.
                            Ochai is still worth developing, but I think we could use a big wing 3&D to take some pressure off Scottie. You never have enough 3&D…. those guys fit around stars and can stay on the floor in the playoffs.

Comment

Ochai is still worth developing, but I think we could use a big wing 3&D to take some pressure off Scottie. You never have enough 3&D…. those guys fit around stars and can stay on the floor in the playoffs.
                              If it's any consolation, it was their 3rd NBA season when both Powell's and Jones' 3 pt shooting took a leap forward. Cross fingers for Ochai going into his 3rd.

Where we're drafting, you can get the D or you can get the 3 and hope the other develops. That's why I like Scheierman at 31.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

If it's any consolation, it was their 3rd NBA season when both Powell's and Jones' 3 pt shooting took a leap forward. Cross fingers for Ochai going into his 3rd.

Where we're drafting, you can get the D or you can get the 3 and hope the other develops. That's why I like Scheierman at 31.
                                I’m definitely not a draft guy, but 2 guys have caught my eye: Keshad Johnson & Melvin Ajinca, who reportedly are able to do both. They should be available at 31. But who knows… if those amazing mock draft experts and NBA front offices are out there throwing darts, who are we to suggest picks?

Comment

Working...
                                X