Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most miserable sports cities in North America

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Most miserable sports cities in North America

    Anybody want to guess who's second?

    http://www.the10and3.com/what-is-the...e-sports-city/

    edit: the title should have been "cities".
    "Stay steamy"

    - Kobe

  • #2
    hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Anybody want to guess who's second?

    http://www.the10and3.com/what-is-the...e-sports-city/

    edit: the title should have been "cities".
    Raptors can't take this too personally. It's just as much a result of the Leafs and Blue Jays.

    Comment


    • #3
      no shit. Toronto is the hockeytown, but has one of the least successful teams in modern history and the longest cup drought in the NHL. Raptors have been nothing special, but not even close to the titanic proportions of how miserable the leafs have been.

      Comment


      • #4
        Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Raptors can't take this too personally. It's just as much a result of the Leafs and Blue Jays.
        More so the Leafs. Their fans seem to have the most inflated expectations at the start of each season and consistently suffer the worst disappointment.

        Jays fans haven't had much expectation until the last year or two.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

        If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

        Comment


        • #5
          Shouldn't Calcutta be higher. Not sure about playoff record but leprosy, dysentry and cholera probably isn't that great. Detroit with feral dog packs roaming around probably should be at least undesirable, likewise Buffalo

          Comment


          • #6
            KHD wrote: View Post
            no shit. Toronto is the hockeytown, but has one of the least successful teams in modern history and the longest cup drought in the NHL. Raptors have been nothing special, but not even close to the titanic proportions of how miserable the leafs have been.
            Axel wrote: View Post
            More so the Leafs. Their fans seem to have the most inflated expectations at the start of each season and consistently suffer the worst disappointment.

            Jays fans haven't had much expectation until the last year or two.
            The Leafs aren't just a bad hockey team, they're the worst franchise (in any sport) for multiple years running. That itself would weigh any city down.

            Comment


            • #7
              Axel wrote: View Post
              More so the Leafs. Their fans seem to have the most inflated expectations at the start of each season and consistently suffer the worst disappointment.

              Jays fans haven't had much expectation until the last year or two.
              Leafs fans are like Knick fans

              1. Always have ridiculous expectations
              2. Team doesn't meet expectations
              3. Disappointment

              Rinse&Repeat
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

              Comment


              • #8
                Nilanka wrote: View Post
                The Leafs aren't just a bad hockey team, they're the worst franchise (in any sport) for multiple years running. That itself would weigh any city down.
                agreed

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  The Leafs aren't just a bad hockey team, they're the worst franchise (in any sport) for multiple years running. That itself would weigh any city down.
                  cubs? I mean, even the name is horrible.
                  "Stay steamy"

                  - Kobe

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    cubs? I mean, even the name is horrible.
                    We can't argue with the facts

                    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings

                    Cubs are 117th (out of 122 teams).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      We can't argue with the facts

                      http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings

                      Cubs are 117th (out of 122 teams).
                      Makes you wonder why people support leafs so obsessively.
                      "Stay steamy"

                      - Kobe

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        Makes you wonder why people support leafs so obsessively.
                        Or at all.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                        If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          Makes you wonder why people support leafs so obsessively.
                          Axel wrote: View Post
                          Or at all.
                          Lol, true. I'd be ashamed to ever show allegiance to such a miserable organization.

                          Imagine going out in public (outside the GTA) wearing Leafs gear? It's the equivalent of having toilet paper stuck to your shoe. People quietly point and laugh, as you go about your delusional day.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Boston was the most miserable 12 years ago. Now they're the most succesful.
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Lol, true. I'd be ashamed to ever show allegiance to such a miserable organization.

                              Imagine going out in public (outside the GTA) wearing Leafs gear? It's the equivalent of having toilet paper stuck to your shoe. People quietly point and laugh, as you go about your delusional day.
                              :*(

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X