Game #78: Toronto Raptors 92 - Charlotte Hornets 74

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Raptor should try to finish lower then the Wizards and draft Grant from Notre Dame
    Well whatever, all I'm saying is anyone who is looking toward a better second round matchup has WAY too much confidence in this team and I question if you've even been watching us play. With the way we are playing and with both Amir and Kyle probably going into the playoffs at best 80% we would be lucky to win one game against Atlanta or Cleveland in the second round. It aint happening. So everyone should be looking for us to get the best FIRST ROUND matchup we can. Don't get too ahead of yourselves.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      And the first game back after the all-star break was not an important footnote? If you don't think so, cool. Personally, a week off is a big deal. The mid-December break use to always be a killer to return from when I played in university.... both from a physical and mental perspective.
      It doesn't even come down to personal... Casey himself as well as Jack and Leo have mentioned that the games you worry the most about getting up for are right before and after the Christmas break and right before and after the All-Star break. Hawks didn't come to play, we did.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

And the first game back after the all-star break was not an important footnote? If you don't think so, cool. Personally, a week off is a big deal. The mid-December break use to always be a killer to return from when I played in university.... both from a physical and mental perspective.
        But that's not fair though. Both teams had a break, so it's not like Raptors had some sort of advantage. EVERY team had to go through it.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
          But that's not fair though. Both teams had a break, so it's not like Raptors had some sort of advantage. EVERY team had to go through it.
          Raps didn't have 4 players and coach participating in the game though.

But to your point, it wasn't a regular in season NBA game. There were unusual circumstances leading in to the game. Raps managed to deal with circumstances better.... kudos to them. Unfortunately in playoffs they aren't going to have over a week to prepare for each game.

Comment

But to your point, it wasn't a regular in season NBA game. There were unusual circumstances leading in to the game. Raps managed to deal with circumstances better.... kudos to them. Unfortunately in playoffs they aren't going to have over a week to prepare for each game.
            Oh come on! A week should be more than enough time to squeeze out a trip to NYC. I'd understand your point if it was like the previous years, where players only got the weekend off. A week should be plenty of time for pros.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

More rest = more bullshit. My go-to rule to bet against the team which had more days of rest, unless it's Spurs.

Teams with 2 days or more of drinking days.. play worse. ATS (against the spread) stats are horrible for the game where fav. had 2 days off. Last time I checked, rested favs covered only 30% of spreads since 2011-12 season.

Comment

Working...
              X