Everything Bruce Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Bruce Brown

Welcome Bruce to the team! I am not sure if you will be here for a long time or not, but I'm looking forward to seeing your hustle game.

Could be a great fit for this roster especially if his 3pt shot comes around.

Comment

Is he going to stay? Hoping for an update today, ahah. If so, it seems like he fits well with this team.

Comment

Welcome!

Won't really know for sure until the deadline if he's getting flipped or not, but in the short term nice to add a perimeter defender.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

TomAmnot wrote: View Post
          Is he going to stay? Hoping for an update today, ahah. If so, it seems like he fits well with this team.
          He fits really well and he's got a very attractive contract with the team option next season. He's an awesome asset to have. If we move him we need to get another 1st coming back.

Comment

TomAmnot wrote: View Post
            They could flip him.. but he has a Raptor like profile. The only issue is he's another guard, and we're flush with those now. But maybe that's a good thing. I suspect he plays for the Raptors sooner than later (I doubt he plays tonight though).

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

They could flip him.. but he has a Raptor like profile. The only issue is he's another guard, and we're flush with those now. But maybe that's a good thing. I suspect he plays for the Raptors sooner than later (I doubt he plays tonight though).
              Not sure they are that flush with guards. IQ is the only guaranteed mainstay. Trent could very well be gone tomorrow and certainly no assurance he will be here come 24-25. Same with Schroder. Lewis has a massive qualifying offer the Raps won't exercise. Those are your guards.

Brown has a big ticket for what he does but he's theoretically a good fit besides the 3 young guys, at least short term.

It may come down to how badly a contender wants him and whether Trent is in Toronto's plans.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

Not sure they are that flush with guards. IQ is the only guaranteed mainstay. Trent could very well be gone tomorrow and certainly no assurance he will be here come 24-25. Same with Schroder. Lewis has a massive qualifying offer the Raps won't exercise. Those are your guards.

Brown has a big ticket for what he does but he's theoretically a good fit besides the 3 young guys, at least short term.

It may come down to how badly a contender wants him and whether Trent is in Toronto's plans.
                RJ is a guard too.

The only guys who have size on this team are Jak, Chris, Thad, Jontay, McDaniels and Scottie. Yet Scottie mostly plays like a guard. Thad is a UFA and Chris may be traded just as fast as Trent is.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

RJ is a guard too.

The only guys who have size on this team are Jak, Chris, Thad, Jontay, McDaniels and Scottie. Yet Scottie mostly plays like a guard. Thad is a UFA and Chris may be traded just as fast as Trent is.
                  RJ can play at either wing. Long term, if RJ shows he's a guy, you just get the right wing (SG or SF) to play alongside and RJ is fine. Short term, Brown is a pretty good compliment to RJ cause he takes the pressure off defensively and can shoot it.

I'm actually talking myself into Brown staying around for awhile - and now he'll be traded tomorrow....

Comment

Can't imagine him sticking around. Other teams need a playoff glue guy more than we do. Unless we value that expiring contract. People other than me have suggested Brown to our old friends, the Knicks for Grimes/Fournier. Grimes seems to be on the outs in NY. I think we could get a pick out of that deal as well.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      Can't imagine him sticking around. Other teams need a playoff glue guy more than we do. Unless we value that expiring contract. People other than me have suggested Brown to our old friends, the Knicks for Grimes/Fournier. Grimes seems to be on the outs in NY. I think we could get a pick out of that deal as well.
                      Yeah that deal makes sense to me. Grimes has another year of rookie scale left too, so we could talk extension this summer after getting a look at him.

I doubt we get a pick though. Grimes would be the target. Knicks would probably actually want a pick coming their way but I'd expect the Raps to hold firm on that since their position is as the seller.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Yeah that deal makes sense to me. Grimes has another year of rookie scale left too, so we could talk extension this summer after getting a look at him.

I doubt we get a pick though. Grimes would be the target. Knicks would probably actually want a pick coming their way but I'd expect the Raps to hold firm on that since their position is as the seller.
                        Definitely wouldn't send them a pick for Grimes but I could stomach that trade with no pick coming our way.

I'd shop Brown around to every contender. Lots of interesting possibilities.

Trade with Orlando for Isaac? He's an interesting reclamation project and a very good defender. Could probably get them to toss in a pick as well. Maybe target Jett Howard instead with Harris as salary filler? Maybe something built around WCJ?

Trade with Minnesota for Naz Reid? He's a solid stretch C, only 24 years old. Would fit really nice here.

Trade with the Lakers for Rui and JHS?

Maybe to the Mavs for filler and their 2026 1st?

To Philly for filler and their 2026 1st?

Comment

Trading Brown for a decent return would make the Pascal trade look much better.

Grimes, Fournier, Nwora and 4 first round picks essentially.

Comment

Yeah, trade Brown for a FRP and a pick swap. Then we'll have enough picks to get Lauri.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Definitely wouldn't send them a pick for Grimes but I could stomach that trade with no pick coming our way.

I'd shop Brown around to every contender. Lots of interesting possibilities.

Trade with Orlando for Isaac? He's an interesting reclamation project and a very good defender. Could probably get them to toss in a pick as well. Maybe target Jett Howard instead with Harris as salary filler? Maybe something built around WCJ?

Trade with Minnesota for Naz Reid? He's a solid stretch C, only 24 years old. Would fit really nice here.

Trade with the Lakers for Rui and JHS?

Maybe to the Mavs for filler and their 2026 1st?

To Philly for filler and their 2026 1st?
                              Not a fan of Isaac. WCJ is a good target. Not sure what Orlando is looking at or what they are thinking but I've seen rumours he's available.

Lakers pieces don't interest me.

Naz is good. Not sure how Minny makes the rest of the deal work without hurting their depth. He's locked in for next year and then a UFA, so not ideal in terms of team control but not bad.

I do like Grimes as a target.

Picks are also good, though I do think they'll be looking for guys rather than picks so they can add to the young core around Scottie sooner than later.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X