No announcement yet.

NBA Disrespects Patrick Patterson And the Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

then by all means let him go while he has some value.

Comment

Who cares... NBA normally stiffs us on top 10 unless it is something out of this world that no one can disagree on.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
        The dunk wasn't that special
        Agreed, but it ranks up there with the TRoss dunk and definitely should have made the top 10. Oh well, not a big deal really.

Comment

Side note: I like like the idea of Patterson going hard to the rim. Even if he gets called for a charge, defenders are going to think twice about stepping in front of that freight train.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
            I was amazed at how good Whiteside is and wished the Raptors had offered a contract after summer league. I know, Casey would have buried him on the bench, so Miami is the ideal spot for Hassan.
            well, shit, why don't you loan masai your time machine?
            TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

He didn't COCKED THAT JOINT BACK?
              That's why it wasn't top 10.

Comment

All the plays in the top ten were better than the Patterson dunk. It wasn't really over whiteside (he came late and didn't really challenge the dunk in the air), and there wasn't really any force. Great play, but we definitely didn't get snubbed imo.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Just cause Devlin's voice goes up a couple of octaves doesn't make it a special play.

If that was the case the highlight reels would be filled with plays where Matt thought he saw a block happen.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    Not really that good of a dunk man.
                    MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    The dunk wasn't that special
                    Letter N wrote: View Post
                    Just cause Devlin's voice goes up a couple of octaves doesn't make it a special play.

If that was the case the highlight reels would be filled with plays where Matt thought he saw a block happen.
                    Good ol Raptor fans, jaded as fuck...

Nice dunk Ppat, way to finish against a mammoth rim protector. Lets go Raptors.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Good ol Raptor fans, jaded as fuck...

Nice dunk Ppat, way to finish against a mammoth rim protector. Lets go Raptors.
                      I think the context was lost with the previous posts.

It was a nice dunk. Probably the best of Patterson's Raptor career.

But was it a lock for a top 10 countdown? Probably not. And referring to the absence as "disrespectful" seems like a reach.

Comment

It was nice in that he had a clear drive from the 3 pt line straight to the rim, it was nice in that he dunked on a shot blocker. It wasn't Top 10 material in that the dunk itself wasn't anything that special - elevation wasn't great, didn't cock the hammer, etc. etc. - and also Whiteside's block attempt was late and a bit feeble.

Anyone see Wiggins and Gobert go at each other? That's what a great dunk on a shot blocker looks like. I'll jump up because he's PPat and that's our Raptors, but who here would give a fuck if that was Brandon Bass instead?
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                        X