Patrick Patterson Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Patterson Problem?

PP's three-point numbers have fallen way off their December peak. Has anything changed other than defenses playing him a bit tighter and chasing him off the line?

Monthly 3P%
    Nov = 40.9
    Dec = 52.6
    Jan = 33.9
    Feb = 30.0
    Mar = 32.6
    Apr = 22.2

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/20233...04%2F13%2F2015
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

he's scrubalicious is all, youre accurate, he aint a secret anymore. Nor is GV

Comment

Surprisingly, Patterson has played the second most minutes on the team, 2103. He has only missed a single game.

It could be his shot suffers from fatigue.

Comment

Could be several reasons for his decline. Maybe he's scouted better? Maybe it's due to the lack of ball movement? Maybe it's just mental.

Need him in the playoffs so these numbers are troubling.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
          he's scrubalicious is all, youre accurate, he aint a secret anymore. Nor is GV
          Do you like anyone on the Raps other than Dwayne Casey?

Comment

Pat could very well be tired or team are really scouting him well. Could this be the reason why Hansborough is getting more looks? I mean, we all know Casey hates JJ with a passion..
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

He seems to rush his jumpshot a lot. He needs to take a little more time on his release, he misses way too many wide open threes

Comment

It's not that he's being scouted because he's missing wide open shots
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

His crazy shooting was one of the reasons behind the team's hot start. When the team is consistently getting secondary scoring, they do well. He's another player that also seems to be more engaged overall, defensively and on the glass when he's contributing offensively. As his scoring came back down to earth, so did the team.

Comment

I think he's fine. The super hot start couldn't last, but his April numbers shouldn't last either. Hopefully he gets back into form very soon though, cause Patterson hitting ~40% of his 3's would be huge for the playoffs.

Comment

I don't think it scouting because he's been missing wide open 3s almost every game
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        I don't think it scouting because he's been missing wide open 3s almost every game
                        Maybe wide open 3s is the best way to defend 2Pats. Raptor use that defensive strategy too.

Comment

Missing shots he normally makes. ☺

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                            Do you like anyone on the Raps other than Dwayne Casey?
                            I like um all.

Comment

He seems to have no confidence in his three point shot.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                              X