No announcement yet.

Game #81: Toronto Raptors 93 - Boston Celtics 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently DeMar DeRozan strained a groin muscle playing against Miami, but on the other side from where he was injured this season. That was why he did not participate even in the shootaround on Tuesday. So I take back what I said about the "stealth tank" on the part of Coach Casey.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...in-boston.html

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/04/14...oss-to-celtics
    Last edited by caccia; Wed Apr 15, 2015, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• I'm just looking at the stats and everything and we REALLy should have one this game. When we fix one problem something else leaks. We played great D, we kept Isiah thomas quiet and he's been going off, a few of our guys who were struggling shooting (GV and 2Pat) found their rhythm this game and we got to the line more than them even without DD. It literally was the turnovers and offensive rebounds that did us in. Cut one of those in half and we win.

Turnovers don't bother me as much because we normally don't turn it over like this but defensive rebounding has been our issue all season so I know that won't change. it's horrible because it means you played good D but couldn't close out the position, so the stop becomes a waste. Thinking about it, that's probably a big reason why our defense is so bad. Kris Humphries, Nene and Gortat go after rebounds so we need to get our shit together. Especially Patterson, because he's our worst rebounder and he'll be guarding Kris Humphries.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        Especially Patterson, because he's our worst rebounder and he'll be guarding Kris Humphries.
        Patterson had only one rebound in 27 minutes against the Celtics. That's not acceptable. Hansbrough had six in 23 minutes, but mostly in the first half. Ross had three in 28 minutes.

All the starters but Vasquez had negative + - numbers; that may largely be due to the lack of cohesion on both ends of the floor caused by DeRozan's absence.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
          Guys, raps lost on a ridiculous shot that was well defended to a team that desperately wanted to win and has been on a mini run. Raps obviously didn't care that much since they rested DD. Amir hardly played (though he was great when he did). Lowry was off and still it took a ridiculous shot to win. I'm not all torn up about it.

Also, after watching the wizards lose to Indy I feel better about playing them. Might be our only coaching advantage. Randy Wittman has the IQ of Ricky from trailer park boys.
          Whitman is very conservative and defensive, Casey is just terrible. 7 game series Casey will lose a couple games himself but Whittman won't out coach him. Think the double overtime loss last season where Casey didn't put in rebounders on free throws where the Wiz only chance is to get an OReb.

Comment

• This team makes me so angry half the time.... I mean, is it Casey or is it the guys and the chemistry?
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Seriously 1 fucking rebound in 27min by Patterson? ???
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                This team makes me so angry half the time.... I mean, is it Casey or is it the guys and the chemistry?
                I've been as anti-DC as anybody, but when your 3 'shooters' (Lowry, Lou & Ross) go a combined 14/46 (30% on 58% of the team's total shots attempted), all the blame shouldn't fall on the head coach. Of course, having said that, it's still the coach's responsibility to implement a more team-oriented game plan and hold players accountable for their bad/irresponsible play.

hero ball + awful shooting + lots of turnovers off selfish play = loss = FRUSTRATION

Comment

• I watched this game until the Celts called a timeout and then proceeded to score with a wide open dunk by running a beautiful play for Smart to end a quarter with 4 seconds left.

I couldn't stomach to watch any more after that. The difference in coaching skill between these two teams is ungodly. We run a set play and it looks clunky and unorganized, typically ending in a contested shot or a shot 5 feet beyond the three. They get a wide open Dunk in 4 seconds.

I hope we do well in the playoffs, I hope that we compete hard and make a run for the ECF. But above all I really hope we don't ever see the Raptors as they currently are ever again afterwards. Watching them can make me forget how beautiful the game can be and how enjoyable watching it should be.

As a more appropriate comment for the thread...

JV needs to sit for a game and get his head on straight, something is not clicking with him ATM. Derozan should've played to keep his game flowing and help Lowry get in rhythm by spotting up off of some DD drives. Having Lowry do it all when he comes back is a bad game plan, especially when DD has been flourishing with the responsibility of initiating the offense. Lowry could've found a rhythm a lot easier by sitting on the perimeter for some nice kick outs.

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                    I watched this game until the Celts called a timeout and then proceeded to score with a wide open dunk by running a beautiful play for Smart to end a quarter with 4 seconds left.

I couldn't stomach to watch any more after that. The difference in coaching skill between these two teams is ungodly. We run a set play and it looks clunky and unorganized, typically ending in a contested shot or a shot 5 feet beyond the three. They get a wide open Dunk in 4 seconds.

I hope we do well in the playoffs, I hope that we compete hard and make a run for the ECF. But above all I really hope we don't ever see the Raptors as they currently are ever again afterwards. Watching them can make me forget how beautiful the game can be and how enjoyable watching it should be.

As a more appropriate comment for the thread...

JV needs to sit for a game and get his head on straight, something is not clicking with him ATM. Derozan should've played to keep his game flowing and help Lowry get in rhythm by spotting up off of some DD drives. Having Lowry do it all when he comes back is a bad game plan, especially when DD has been flourishing with the responsibility of initiating the offense. Lowry could've found a rhythm a lot easier by sitting on the perimeter for some nice kick outs.
                    Let me put it like this: Vasquez shouldn't have started this game. Lou should've.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      Let me put it like this: Vasquez shouldn't have started this game. Lou should've.
                      Ironically, I thought GV was pretty good last night, when he was allowed to run the offense and distribute on the fly. As a natural pass-first PG, his court awareness/vision is fantastic, when he's allowed to utilize it.

I thought the Raptors were playing really well through the early/mid 4th quarter, with GV sharing the ball well. DC brought Lowry back in to replace him and the offense turned to shit, as Lowry returned to the selfish hero ball, costing the Raptors the game.

---

As an aside, I find it interesting how DeRozan and Lowry differ from one another when the other is out of action.

When DeRozan was out, Lowry shouldered an even bigger burden, carrying the team on his back. His personal production skyrocketed, to the point that he wore himself down.

When Lowry was out, DeRozan expanded his overall responsibility, forcing his own offense less, while acting more as a facilitator than ever before.

I wasn't surprised to see Lowry go uber-hero-ball last night, with DeRozan planted on the bench.

---

As a final aside, with DeRozan clearly not playing last night, why did they dress him? In the second last game of the season, in which victory seemed to be a secondary concern (despite some players' public statements about wanting to reach 50 wins), why not let one of the young guys dress?

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        As a final aside, with DeRozan clearly not playing last night, why did they dress him? In the second last game of the season, in which victory seemed to be a secondary concern (despite some players' public statements about wanting to reach 50 wins), why not let one of the young guys dress?
                        I do not understand that, either. I mean, the guy had a mild (fingers crossed) injury, so he should not have dressed, period. For that matter, with DeRozan out, why not play Landry Fields for five minutes and give him some run on the defensive end?

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          Ironically, I thought GV was pretty good last night, when he was allowed to run the offense and distribute on the fly. As a natural pass-first PG, his court awareness/vision is fantastic, when he's allowed to utilize it...

...As a final aside, with DeRozan clearly not playing last night, why did they dress him? In the second last game of the season, in which victory seemed to be a secondary concern (despite some players' public statements about wanting to reach 50 wins), why not let one of the young guys dress?
                          Like the beautiful pass to a cutting JV when GV drove? I thought for sure it was gonna be a floater and he made that great read.

I also like the idea of letting the young guys dress. If you aren't really going to compete then play Bruno and Bebe and let Lowry play as heroish as he wants to find his groove again

Makes me think of a quote from Paul Pierce I think it was though, about how he thinks anyone who rests heading into the playoffs is a fool, and that he basically told his coach no way in hell he isn't playing and trying to win. I like that attitude, we could use some of that
                          Last edited by Bandit; Wed Apr 15, 2015, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• I was just thinking Kyle hasn't been himself since the Portland game and that's pretty a whole second half of the season he hasn't played well. That's really bad. I don't know if this guy isn't fit enough or something but there's no reason for that. I understand fatigue but no NBA player goes through fatigue for THAT long. Especially since Kyle is still a young guy. Look at Westbrook he is literally doing it ALL for OKC and I don't see him going through an almost season long slump. Maybe we shouldn't have given Kyle that contract because it seems every year, except last year, he falls off as the season progresses and isn't able to catch himself. He needs to get his shit together and quick.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• DD is good to go. I want him to explode tonight. Let's go boy! #There'sNoSuchThingAsTooMuchConfidence.
                              Last edited by rocwell; Wed Apr 15, 2015, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
                                I do not understand that, either. I mean, the guy had a mild (fingers crossed) injury, so he should not have dressed, period. For that matter, with DeRozan out, why not play Landry Fields for five minutes and give him some run on the defensive end?
                                I think it's because they only decided to sit out DeRozan like an hour before the game, so he might not have had any appropriate clothes to wear on the bench (since you need a suit) and they wanted him there.

Comment

Working...
                                X