Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs - Game 1: Washington Wizards 93 - Toronto Raptors 86 (OT) (Was 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    What's your point? you think JJ can handle Wall?

Nobody in this league can handle Wall 1 on 1. It's going to take a complete team effort to contain that guy.
    My point is JJ the part of the team effort that will be critical. In fact starting JJ over TR would be an act of genius.

Comment

Did the game really have to be sched. for 12.30 pm? TV I suppose. I sense we do not have a very good record for games with that start time. Does anyone know...like for the last 2 seasons?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
        My point is JJ the part of the team effort that will be critical. In fact starting JJ over TR would be an act of genius.
        I disagree. The Raptors are going to badly need Terrence Ross's perimeter shooting to help them win this series.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I disagree. The Raptors are going to badly need Terrence Ross's perimeter shooting to help them win this series.
          Perhaps equally/more important, he might actually be their best option defensively against Wall....if he can keep from shitting the bed again in the playoffs. He has by far the best tools to guard him.

Comment

And you're confident TRoss will hit his 3s at a decent clip? I'm not. TRoss is too inconsistent.

Comment

And you're confident TRoss will hit his 3s at a decent clip? I'm not. TRoss is too inconsistent.
              I hear you but I don't think the playoffs is the time to start doing things you never really did in the season. I think Ross at least being a threat to shoot is good to have. But most importantly he opens up space for Derozan and Kyle to drive and kick out. It would be too easy for them to guard us if JJ is in the starting lineup. And the one thing we have going for us is offense so let's not fuck that up too. Because we ain't stopping anyone.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Nope. I don't trust Ross lol. But he's their best catch and shoot guy(not saying much i know). Raps need a guy that can space the floor and Ross is their best option.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

I can only imagine Ross losing Beal on multiple screens for easy threes...

Comment

Nope. I don't trust Ross lol. But he's their best catch and shoot guy(not saying much i know). Raps need a guy that can space the floor and Ross is their best option.
                    Greivis actually is in terms of percentage. Ross has just hit the most this season on our team, but that's mainly because that's all he can do so those are the only shots he takes. But yes Ross is still our best option because Greivis is a horrible defender and so is Lou. Ross isn't the greatest defender either but he's still better than those two. Ross and Patterson better be living in the gym taking like 1000 threes a day because they HAVE to stop missing all these wide open threes. It just leads to long rebounds and against the Wizards John Wall will convert that into and automatic 2 with his quickness.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                      I can only imagine Ross losing Beal on multiple screens for easy threes...
                      YUP!!!! This is why I rather him on Wall. For a guy with his quickness and athleticism he really sucks at that. He just has a really low bball IQ so he goes under screens when he should go over and goes over when he should go under. He also just falls asleep a lot and realizes he man is gone 10 seconds too late. Ross better be ready man, but I just don't see it happening.

Comment

Does it look like Amir Johnson is ready to start against Washington? I expect him to start if his ankle continues to improve. It was not that long he could not even walk on it.

Edit: Apparently Coach Casey told Hubie Brown that Hansbrough might start. Also, Doug Smith writes "There’s every chance this turns into Tyler Hansbrough vs. Nene if Dwane Casey sticks with what’s been working of late, but Johnson is likely to finish games . . . It’s all about the ankle for the veteran Johnson, who had two brief stints to get ready after missing a week with a sprain."

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...-matchups.html
                        Last edited by caccia; Thu Apr 16, 2015, 07:57 PM.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                          YUP!!!! This is why I rather him on Wall. For a guy with his quickness and athleticism he really sucks at that. He just has a really low bball IQ so he goes under screens when he should go over and goes over when he should go under. He also just falls asleep a lot and realizes he man is gone 10 seconds too late. Ross better be ready man, but I just don't see it happening.
                          This is why I wanted KG at the deadline. Really wanted someone in Ross' face yelling this stuff to him.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                            This is why I wanted KG at the deadline. Really wanted someone in Ross' face yelling this stuff to him.
                            He keeps talking about how he let down the team last playoffs and how he's learned a lot so he better prove it. But with the way he has played this season I can't expect him too. You can't just turn it on in the playoffs. At this point you are who you are

Comment

Comment

If we lose game 1 again.......
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X