Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs - Game 1: Washington Wizards 93 - Toronto Raptors 86 (OT) (Was 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This series will be DD's coming out party to the league. I don't know how Wiz slow him down without sending a double team. Id Ariza was still on this team wouldn't be as confident but than again DD had his career high on Ariza.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      This series will be DD's coming out party to the league. I don't know how Wiz slow him down without sending a double team. Id Ariza was still on this team wouldn't be as confident but than again DD had his career high on Ariza.
      The biggest thing I hope our guards have learned from the Brooklyn series is how to handle the trap and pass out of it. Washington is probably going to do a lot of that to Kyle, Demar and Lou so they have to be ready to be facilitators. We really struggled with that last playoffs and it cost us the first game. If we struggle again we are fucked.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
        If we lose game 1 again.......
        To me game 1 is the tell. If we win we will win the series.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
          The biggest thing I hope our guards have learned from the Brooklyn series is how to handle the trap and pass out of it. Washington is probably going to do a lot of that to Kyle, Demar and Lou so they have to be ready to be facilitators. We really struggled with that last playoffs and it cost us the first game. If we struggle again we are fucked.
          I think DeRozan is considerably bettter at this than last year, and has shown the ability to get rid of the ball consistently throughout the season. Williams has Hansbrough as his safety valve, a guy who is always looking to take the ball when Lou is trapped or overmatched. The two have been connecting well the last six weeks or so. I'm not so sure about Lowry, however. A lot depends on whether he is mobile enough by the time the series starts. He still looks a step or a step-and-a-half slow out there.
          Last edited by caccia; Thu Apr 16, 2015, 09:24 PM.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
            This is true, but every player (minus TRoss) really improved after game 1. DeRozan especially had a much better 2nd game after the atrocious game 1. So I feel like this team is better prepared for what will happen. I mean, we have no excuse!

Comment

Comment

PLAYOFFS ARE FUCKING HERE!!!!

I can't wait to watch this game! Thanks to Scraptor for making the thread, I know you guys didn't want to wait until now to start discussing the game!

And I get dibs on the game thread if/when we lose a game!
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Also, we better win this series: I don't think I could stand Paul Pierce beating us again.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    If we lose game 1 again.......
                    Don't worry. I have a new and improved Tom Sterner avatar. The victories will be endless because of his leadership.
                    OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                      Don't worry. I have a new and improved Tom Sterner avatar. The victories will be endless because of his leadership.
                      Sterner deserves to be made into a wax figure. Remove that rock from the ACC and put Sterner's waxwork at it's place.

Guaranteed NBA tittle.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                        If you image search Tom Sterner my avatar comes up hahaha

Comment

DDelight wrote: View Post
                          This is true, but every player (minus TRoss) really improved after game 1. DeRozan especially had a much better 2nd game after the atrocious game 1. So I feel like this team is better prepared for what will happen. I mean, we have no excuse!
                          This is very true. I need to have a little more faith in our boys
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

On Wednesday the Wizards unveiled their new logo:

Apparently these logos are a thing now - New Bucks logo today:
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I am surprised to find that Washington has a very good defensive team, with a DefRtg of 100.0, good for fifth in the league. Six of the Wizards' regulars have a DefRtg below 100. The Raptors' rating is 104.8, only good for 23rd. In contrast, the Raptors have an OffRtg of 108.1, good for third in the league. Washington comes in at 101.8, at 18th. Their net rating is only 1.9, while Toronto's is 3.2, good but a lot lower than it was earlier in the season. Our TS% is sixth in the league at a stellar 55.3%.

You would not think this was a classic offence versus defence matchup, but that's what the advanced stats suggest.
                              Last edited by caccia; Thu Apr 16, 2015, 09:59 PM.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                                You would not think this was a classic offence versus defence matchup, but that's what the advanced stats suggest.
                                Haha, that's funny, but I don't blame you, even some bettors got hurt real bad by not knowing Wizards defense potential, and I am surprised to find that not many people actually know about Wizs defense. C'mon guys, regular season is ovah, you had seen at least couple Wizards games.. nah.. maybe not. Anyway, we're lucky that Wizards half court offense is still a mess, just like a year ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X