Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs - Game 1: Washington Wizards 93 - Toronto Raptors 86 (OT) (Was 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiz fans really want Raptors to win. The hate for Whitman and EG is real. Might be the first playoff series where the winner has a disappointed fan base

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
      I am surprised to find that Washington has a very good defensive team, with a DefRtg of 100.0, good for fifth in the league. Six of the Wizards' regulars have a DefRtg below 100. The Raptors' rating is 104.8, only good for 23rd. In contrast, the Raptors have an OffRtg of 108.1, good for third in the league. Washington comes in at 101.8, at 18th. Their net rating is only 1.9, while Toronto's is 3.2, good but a lot lower than it was earlier in the season. Our TS% is sixth in the league at a stellar 55.3%.

You would not think this was a classic offence versus defence matchup, but that's what the advanced stats suggest.
      And there is a post on the front page bashing the Wizard's defense

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Wiz fans really want Raptors to win. The hate for Whitman and EG is real. Might be the first playoff series where the winner has a disappointed fan base
        Would anyone here really be disappointed if the Raps beat the Wiz??

If your answer is yes, just stop calling yourself a Raptors fan.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Would anyone here really be disappointed if the Raps beat the Wiz??

If your answer is yes, just stop calling yourself a Raptors fan.
          He is clearly talking about the Wizards fan base lol

Comment

LegendaryGringo wrote: View Post
            He is clearly talking about the Wizards fan base lol
            Shit you're right lol. My bad Raptors999 i read it incorrectly.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
              Apparently these logos are a thing now - New Bucks logo today:
              All I can see is the Starbucks logo.
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

The League should have said they were mandating "Round Basketball style Insignias" when the Raps were getting torn apart for "copying" the Nets. Clearly this is something they are pushing.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                  The League should have said they were mandating "Round Basketball style Insignias" when the Raps were getting torn apart for "copying" the Nets. Clearly this is something they are pushing.
                  Ideas often surface in bunches without any outside mandate.

Hollywood ends up making multiple versions of practically everything: movies about volcanoes (Volcano/Dante's Peak), asteroids (Deep Impact/Armageddon), and other disasters; biopics about guys like Truman Capote and Steve Jobs; White House action movies (White House Down/Olympus Has Fallen); horror movies in found-footage style, etc etc etc.

One good idea gains traction and others try to mimic it.

One team does the basketball logo, it looks fresh (and clean): the Nets.
                  A second team picks up on the vibe and does the same thing: the Raptors.
                  Now everybody wants to rock that or use it as an alternate.

It's a damn shame because we had an opportunity to make an awesome logo like the Bucks' new primary one and we totally blew it. At least the Wizards did too.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    Shit you're right lol. My bad Raptors999 i read it incorrectly.
                    Wizards fans are detailing how to beat them. ICE any PnR with Wall and Whittmn never goes small so go ape-shit on the Nene-Gortat froint

Comment

Wizards fans are detailing how to beat them. ICE any PnR with Wall and Whittmn never goes small so go ape-shit on the Nene-Gortat froint
                      After reading this, maybe the reason why the Raptors are so successful against them is because they constantly go small. Lolol
                      OG is our king

Comment

Well, Raptors never ice PNRs. We hedge the screens and rotate defensively. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Wizs try to play Pierce at 4 against us.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Ideas often surface in bunches without any outside mandate.

Hollywood ends up making multiple versions of practically everything: movies about volcanoes (Volcano/Dante's Peak), asteroids (Deep Impact/Armageddon), and other disasters; biopics about guys like Truman Capote and Steve Jobs; White House action movies (White House Down/Olympus Has Fallen); horror movies in found-footage style, etc etc etc.

One good idea gains traction and others try to mimic it.

One team does the basketball logo, it looks fresh (and clean): the Nets.
                          A second team picks up on the vibe and does the same thing: the Raptors.
                          Now everybody wants to rock that or use it as an alternate.

It's a damn shame because we had an opportunity to make an awesome logo like the Bucks' new primary one and we totally blew it. At least the Wizards did too.

Uhh making a logo is nothing like Hollywood movie making or even remotely approached the same.

Why would anyone think the nets logo looks fresh?? Simplifying logos has always been happening over the past century. Look at any longstanding company's logo from 10 to 20 to 50 years ago and they generally follow the same pattern of simplifying and minimizing. Less decorative. Removal of unnecessary marks. Less gradients. Etc etc etc.

And how is the Bucks any different? It's now a flattened dear head inside a circle with the text on the same circular path.

Reasons for this are often practical. Logos today need to be able to live on way more mediums than they did years ago. From tiny favicons to giant digital boards. The only way this works is when the logo is distilled down to the basics.

Comment

An NBA scout's take on why the Raptors should win:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...t-wizards.html

What a difference a year makes:

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/04/16...-talk-playoffs

“I feel a lot better about our defence than I did two weeks ago,” Casey said.

“I think our defence has taken a huge step. It’s almost like the light switch came on, after working on it to nauseam and talking about it ad nauseum as far as defence is concerned. There are still areas we have to clean up but we’ve taken steps in the last two-and-a-half weeks defensively of tightening things up and doing a little better than we were. For a while it was like a layup drill with no one in the gym but the other team, but now it’s much different.”

I'll add that it may be no coincidence that the improvement in defence has coincided with heavier minutes for Hansbrough since 1 April.

Comment

[IMG] [/IMG]

Comment

Omg I have to clear my conscience .. I want the raptors to win but to fire Casey in spite of winning !!! Lets go raptors ! Xd
                                2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X