Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs - Game 1: Washington Wizards 93 - Toronto Raptors 86 (OT) (Was 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball4life
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Given that they are talking about shortening the rotation after one game, I'd say that the confidence has waned more than a little......
    The rotation was already in question before the Playoff started though. With Carrol returning and Powell playing the way he was, it was a tough decision to expand the rotation to include Carrol. I actually think its a good decision to already shorten the rotation to make it "normal" for Casey; just wish that it would be Scola and not Powell who is given the hook.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Given that they are talking about shortening the rotation after one game, I'd say that the confidence has waned more than a little......
    Gut feeling says "shortening the rotation" is Casey speak for reducing Powell's minutes (instead of Scola's).

But I was speaking mainly about Lowry and DeRozan's mindset. Will they attempt to reign in the predictable play vs. a set half court defense that already has them figured out?

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Ya, the worry here isn't that the team is lacking confidence, but instead having too much confidence to bother adjusting to Indiana breaking serve.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Ya, the worry here isn't that the team is lacking confidence, but instead having too much confidence to bother adjusting to Indiana breaking serve.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    That type of confidence is exactly what the players need however. "We are the better team, now we play like it" is a lot better an attitude than "omg this happened just like last year"
    I agree, except that "play like it" is different than "play like we did in game one and everything will work out fine" (paraphrased obviously).

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    Haha it's true. No one posted Casey's post game presser last year apparently sadly, cause I'm fairly sure they are the same lol

This reminder should also serve point to posters who feel that game 1 on Saturday was just a fluke and that the team will turn it around just fine. We should turn it around, we have the talent to do so, but we still have to do it. Just because we can do it, doesn't mean we will. We aren't last year's team, very true, but that doesn't mean it can't happen to this year's team as well. Poise and execution.
    That type of confidence is exactly what the players need however. "We are the better team, now we play like it" is a lot better an attitude than "omg this happened just like last year"

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    Haha it's true. No one posted Casey's post game presser last year apparently sadly, cause I'm fairly sure they are the same lol

This reminder should also serve point to posters who feel that game 1 on Saturday was just a fluke and that the team will turn it around just fine. We should turn it around, we have the talent to do so, but we still have to do it. Just because we can do it, doesn't mean we will. We aren't last year's team, very true, but that doesn't mean it can't happen to this year's team as well. Poise and execution.
    I think they are/were for game 1 at least. The core is the same and the add-ons' contributions were minimal...Scola, Carroll, Powell (for various reasons). I certainly hope Casey starts Carroll tonight to set the tone. Just cannot let Paul George beat you when he is arguably the only real sustainable threat on the Pacers. It is exactly the type of player Carroll was brought in for. So, if he cannot...then the team is not really different from last year's. Oh, I forgot about the coach...how could I

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    yeah axel went to a dark place for this

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    It's to the point where I'm no longer disappointed or crushed. I'm getting angry now.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Ugh the PTSD....

Does anyone else feel like there are even more alarming similarities between Dwane Casey's stubborn mantras and Sam Mitchell and his similarly stubborn philosophies (MO SHATS)?

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    What is this? Rip off the scab time? Good grief...c'mon now...it's been 24 hrs. already for crissakes.

That said...Casey better have option 1,2 & 3 fucking ready for his troops. I dont think he had it in game 1. A tepid first half should have rung very very loud alarms. Then after intermission what happens? ...PG and his staff adjusted and the Raptors did not. The Raptors and Casey played the game like it was a regular season game (other than JV). It's the playoffs and apart from pushback from the opponent the referees call it different. After the last 2 seasons I thought the team would have been better prepared. Obviously not. They did not respond...and for myself...a lot of that is on the coach/es.

Just saw Miami annihilate Charlotte. Thats what a higher seed does...force the lower one to adjust in the series. Instead the Raps have to adjust here. And that is not the way it is supposed to be.

Well, enough of the whining.

Go Raptors. Correct the situation.

Leave a comment:

replied
    This did not help my confidence for the rest of the series

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Wow just had had some deja vu there.

Leave a comment:

• jacobdr4
    replied
    Haha i just finished searching through the internet for what masai did this time.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    I seriously read all those comments before I realized this was a thread from last year.

It's a good thing we'll shoot better tomorrow, right?
    Can Blake Murphy or another regular contributor do an article on this topic? Media needs to be woken up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X