Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will TRoss go M.I.A. in playoffs yet again? And is DC smart enough to react in time if he does?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will TRoss go M.I.A. in playoffs yet again? And is DC smart enough to react in time if he does?

TRoss is our floor spacer according to Raptors staff but can we really expect to win if he fails to contribute yet again?

We almost won last year essentially without Ross, and Lou Williams can easily be used instead of him this year if needed so I don't think it'll be a major issue if Ross is MIA. That said I think Ross will be better this time around and will do just what he's been doing all year, hit some 3s.

Comment

My last memory of the playoffs is not Lowry getting blocked, or TRoss shitting the bed .. but Casey setting up the play for the WRONG side of the court ... The most important question, is has Casey learned anything since last year .. or perhaps gotten dumber? Lol

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
        My last memory of the playoffs is not Lowry getting blocked, or TRoss shitting the bed .. but Casey setting up the play for the WRONG side of the court ... The most important question, is has Casey learned anything since last year .. or perhaps gotten dumber? Lol
        If he has gotten dumber he needs to be fired on May 3.

Comment

We need TRoss. When he has his shit together, he's our best floor spacer.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

TRoss shit the bed in the playoffs last year except for that fucking ridiculously clutch steal of the Nets inbound pass that gave the Raps the final shot of the game. That was so beast.
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
              If he has gotten dumber he needs to be fired on May 3.
              The only possible thing dumber than setting up a series-deciding play on the wrong side of the floor would be to set it up for the wrong basket. The odds of that happening are probably pound the rock.

Comment

If Casey gets any dumber.......

He'd want Lou Williams to dribble the ball for 20sec while down 2 and Jack up a contested 30 footer

Oh wait.......
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  If Casey gets any dumber.......

He'd want Lou Williams to dribble the ball for 20sec while down 2 and Jack up a contested 30 footer

Oh wait.......
                  Just imagine. Raps get the final shot in game seven with 20 seconds left and this is the play they run... I might actually explode

Edit: I might hurt and innocent person... maybe even a child.. who knows
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

The Raptors didn't have a replacement for Ross in the rotation last year. People forget that Salmons was horrible and unplayable also in the playoffs.

Here's what you got from your guards/wing players in that series:

Game 1:
                    Lowry-44
                    DeMar-37
                    Greivis-29
                    Ross-16
                    Salmons-13
                    Nando-4

Game 2:

DeMar-38
                    Lowry-38
                    Ross-25
                    Greivis-24
                    Fields-18
                    (Salmons was already pretty much benched and was a DNP in this one)

Game 3:

DeMar-39
                    Lowry-37
                    Greivis-26
                    Ross-21
                    Salmons-12
                    Fields-8

Game 4:
                    DeMar-43
                    Kyle-34
                    Greivis-34
                    Salmons-19
                    Ross-13
                    Novak-3

Game 5:
                    DeMar-39
                    Kyle-38
                    Ross-28 (this was oddly maybe his best game and he still only had 8 points)
                    Vasquez-26
                    Salmons-13

Game 6
                    DeMar-40
                    Lowry-38
                    Vasquez-24
                    Ross-23
                    Salmons-14
                    Novak-11 (mostly at the 4)

Game 7

DeMar-45
                    Lowry-40
                    Ross-30 (he got 11 in this game but seemed unimpactful untill the end big steal obviously)
                    Greivis-25
                    Salmons-6

The observations here other than Kyle and especially DeMar (good lord) playing absurd minutes is our wing depth sucked and we had to rely huge on Greivis (who played well). This year we have Grivis, Ross, JJ and Lou all fighting for minutes vs Ross and Vasquez and the shit show that was Salmons/Fields temporary reanimated corpse.

It lets Casey play the hot hand more and also make decisions based on matchups.

I don't think its Casey's fault he stuck with Ross that long last year. He had no real choice and we desperately needed Ross. That is less true (though if we want to win him having a good series would be a very nice start) this year with the increased depth.

Comment

Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                      The Raptors didn't have a replacement for Ross in the rotation last year. People forget that Salmons was horrible and unplayable also in the playoffs.

Here's what you got from your guards/wing players in that series:

Game 1:
                      Lowry-44
                      DeMar-37
                      Greivis-29
                      Ross-16
                      Salmons-13
                      Nando-4

Game 2:

DeMar-38
                      Lowry-38
                      Ross-25
                      Greivis-24
                      Fields-18
                      (Salmons was already pretty much benched and was a DNP in this one)

Game 3:

DeMar-39
                      Lowry-37
                      Greivis-26
                      Ross-21
                      Salmons-12
                      Fields-8

Game 4:
                      DeMar-43
                      Kyle-34
                      Greivis-34
                      Salmons-19
                      Ross-13
                      Novak-3

Game 5:
                      DeMar-39
                      Kyle-38
                      Ross-28 (this was oddly maybe his best game and he still only had 8 points)
                      Vasquez-26
                      Salmons-13

Game 6
                      DeMar-40
                      Lowry-38
                      Vasquez-24
                      Ross-23
                      Salmons-14
                      Novak-11 (mostly at the 4)

Game 7

DeMar-45
                      Lowry-40
                      Ross-30 (he got 11 in this game but seemed unimpactful untill the end big steal obviously)
                      Greivis-25
                      Salmons-6

The observations here other than Kyle and especially DeMar (good lord) playing absurd minutes is our wing depth sucked and we had to rely huge on Greivis (who played well). This year we have Grivis, Ross, JJ and Lou all fighting for minutes vs Ross and Vasquez and the shit show that was Salmons/Fields temporary reanimated corpse.

It lets Casey play the hot hand more and also make decisions based on matchups.

I don't think its Casey's fault he stuck with Ross that long last year. He had no real choice and we desperately needed Ross. That is less true (though if we want to win him having a good series would be a very nice start) this year with the increased depth.
                      Looking at those minutes for each game reminded jerome how exciting last year's playoff was.

Comment

What I still don't understand is that Casey makes the adjustment to give fields minutes in game two, then gives him 8 minutes to Salmons 12 in game three, and is benched the rest of the series. I still think that if Casey had given Salmons minutes to Fields we would have won that series.

Either way James Johnson is an upgrade over both Fields and Salmons.

The good news, Washington doesn't have anyone who can straight up destroy our one on one coverage like Joe Johnson did.
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                          TRoss shit the bed in the playoffs last year except for that fucking ridiculously clutch steal of the Nets inbound pass that gave the Raps the final shot of the game. That was so beast.
                          Any minutes before that, he had a clutch baseline drive with the clock running down to keep the score close. If you ask me, the last few minutes of his playoff career were actually pretty good

Comment

Ross is crucial in the series, because who else has a shot at defending wall?

And if wall can do what he wants, we loose. End of story.

Comment

Joey, stop. Lowry got hit twice and was blocked. the season ended on a play of literally 2-3 cms. he isn't slowed by the hit from KG, and the hit by PP he makes that floater. You guys need to stop making everything a Casey mistake.

Comment

Working...
                              X