Why was JV so terrible today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McRealistic wrote: View Post
    It is hilarious how emotional some fans get that they promote cencorship !!! Our guards played bad and they have been playing bad recently but that does not change the fact that we got out rebounded !!! We will lose the 2nd game as well if we get out rebound like this even if our guards play better.
    I did mention on my post that the frontcourt can't fucking box out. JV barely played, and he got 8 rebounds. When he was playing, they were able to contain the wizards on the glass. But when he sat down, no one could hold down the fort. And to add salt to that, Casey decides to put a fucking 4/3 guard lineup, with Patterson who can't box out and Amir, who's not 100%.

And of course, you have James Johnson, who is your 2nd best rebounder after JV imo rotting on the bench, who has been a huge factor in the Raps sweeping the season series. But that's another story.

Comment

KHD and JimiCliff

You two, obviously feel differently about this issue and your disregards for the opinion (Zarar )of one of the best writers in R.R. is your choice. I respect that.

So please respect the other people's right to discuss what they like. Trust me, 90%+ of R.R. and Raptor fans enjoy and respect the opinion of the writers of this website and especially Zarar.
      I'm sorry Zarar and Co. but I don't respect 90+% of what you guys say. Tried listening to your podcasts and the opinions you form from your facts are a stretch at best, and your body language doctorage leaves something to be desired

Comment

We would have most likely win this game if we rebounded better and had a better inside presence. I blame the rebounding on our 7 feet C and lack of inside game on our guards.

I don't think the grade matter as much as some of your guys are emphasizing and comparing it together. This has been mentioned many times by the writers on RR before. What matter is the analysis of each player.

I don't think J.V. was our WORST player today but I do think he did not show up just like last play offs and I hope to see a better game from him during this series.

We have no chance of wining without him being more of a factor.
        We would've likely won this game if any of our bricklayers could shoot at an even average clip.

Comment

KL is coming back from injuries and I think B.B got the best of him. That being said, he needs to step his game up. If he does not, then we need to think about our future at P.G. position.
          People talk about T.R. like this was anything new. T.R. has been the same player. Lou has been playing off and on all season. They are what they are.

J.V. was not the same J.V. He was not able to handle the bigs of Washington. You look at Amir and J.V. all season and they almost effect the game to the same level. Amit showed up today and J.V. did not.

It is the simple.
          I gotta disagree with this part. KL is coming off an injury and is trying to find his rythm at a really vital, high pressure time. If he continues to play poorly because of it and it costs us this playoff series, it doesn't mean you look else where. He is still hands down the best player on this roster and there is no reason to beleive he can't play at an All Star level again once healthy.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            I gotta disagree with this part. KL is coming off an injury and is trying to find his rythm at a really vital, high pressure time. If he continues to play poorly because of it and it costs us this playoff series, it doesn't mean you look else where. He is still hands down the best player on this roster and there is no reason to beleive he can't play at an All Star level again once healthy.
            You have to go with Lowry at this point, but I'm fine with picking between him and DD this summer. Their skills sets aren't very complimentary and both guys played their best ball of the season while the other was out. Not a coincidence.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              Nice troll thread.

JV wasn't good, but he wasn't terrible either. Just meh. Lowry, on the other hand, my god.

BTW, our rebounding is so weak because of the rotation heavy system which leaves a lot of situations where demar is trying to box out nene. (that happened a lot today)
              We need JV not being "not good", we need him to be double-double man he was in last year PO games. He missed several bunnies, OK I can live with that. But being really killed on PnR defence is really bad, not 'not good'. 8 rebs in 24 mins is nice but at least half of them were uncontested and easy. And he really struggled on offensive glass, where Raps need improvement facing our guards' percentage.
              Raps in 4 !

Comment

RaptorHusky wrote: View Post
                We need JV not being "not good", we need him to be double-double man he was in last year PO games. He missed several bunnies, OK I can live with that. But being really killed on PnR defence is really bad, not 'not good'. 8 rebs in 24 mins is nice but at least half of them were uncontested and easy. And he really struggled on offensive glass, where Raps need improvement facing our guards' percentage.
                The P&R defense is at least as much on the guards who continually allow easy blow-bys, as it is on JV, who's often left defending a hopeless 2-on-1. This issue has been debated in numerous threads throughout the year. I hate when the announcers seem to blame JV for getting 'beat' on the 2-on-1 (even worse when he makes the right move and you can see another player rotating too late to cover JV's man).

JV was a beast fighting for rebounds, usually fighting against two players (mostly Gortat & Nene) at both ends of the court. That's the downside of going small and/or playing an offensive scheme that has 4 players stationed around the perimeter.

I thought JV was easily one of the 3 stars of game 1 for the Raptors (Amir #1 and GV a distant #3).

Comment

RaptorHusky wrote: View Post
                  He can be a double double man if given minutes, but he isn't. Actually, 5 of his 8 rebounds in game 1 were contested (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/20268...king/rebounds/), so your narrative is wrong. Yes, his pnr defence isn't great, but guess what, the guards don't help....at all, but for some reason they're free from criticism. As if playing defence is only the C's job.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    He can be a double double man if given minutes, but he isn't. Actually, 5 of his 8 rebounds in game 1 were contested (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/20268...king/rebounds/), so your narrative is wrong. Yes, his pnr defence isn't great, but guess what, the guards don't help....at all, but for some reason they're free from criticism. As if playing is only the C's job.
                    Also our team D on the p'n'r is generally crap. Awareness of off-ball defenders can be so inconsistent, so that if the initial 2-on-2 D isn't amazing, and I mean amazing, we're often very exposed. *And that's very big man dependent as our guards are usually complete shite at playing/fighting through the screen.

**P'n'r is really not something you're supposed to easily defend with the 2 on-ball guys. It's damn difficult to do consistently, which is why it's one of the most used and most basic plays in basketball.
                    Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Apr 20, 2015, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X