Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoff Game #3: Toronto Raptors 99 - Washington Wizards 106 (Was 3-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeRozan:

26/67 from the field.

Rebound and assist numbers are good at first glance, but if anyone wants to dig deeper, I'll bet you're going to find few contested rebounds, and few assists that led directly to high percentage looks.

Oh, and no defence to speak of.

I'm underwhelmed.

Edit: And the 26/67 - I'd like to see his numbers when he's shooting against a defender who isn't 60 years old. Then he'd probably be in 15/50 territory.
    Last edited by JimiCliff; Sat Apr 25, 2015, 01:01 PM.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Perhaps DanH's point was a little too complicated for you. He said that deciding on changes are made more difficult by our coach/system, not that we shouldn't make them.

I agree with him. It's one of the worst parts about having a bad coach... It's hard to know the true value of your players, nor are you likely to maximize their return via trade for the same reason.
      It was not too complicated and I understood what he is saying butI think despite having a bad coach, knowing the history of each of these players, we have enough evidence to judge many of them and not waste any more time " evaluating them".

For example, In my book, Lowry will never be a pass first PG. You can waste another year and try to see him under new a coach but you will reach the same conclusion.

Another example is 2Pat and JJ. Both very capable bench players but neither are starter caliber players in a team which wants to go deep into the play offs. Again, trying to evaluate these guys under a new coach is a waste of time.

Another example is Amir Johnson and ...

Now in case of Ross, DD and Big Val, I think we need to see more under a new system but at some point, it is enough evaluation and it is time to make a move.

So yah, it was not too complicated but I thought it was just a wishful thinking type of post.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        DeRozan:

26/67 from the field.

Rebound and assist numbers are good at first glance, but if anyone wants to dig deeper, I'll bet you're going to find few contested rebounds, and few assists that led directly to high percentage looks.

Oh, and no defence to speak of.

I'm underwhelmed.

Edit: And the 26/67 - I'd like to see his numbers when he's shooting against a defender who isn't 60 years old. Then he'd probably be in 15/50 territory.
        And yet compared to the rest of the team he's playing like Lebron, it's a sad state of affairs.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
          It was not too complicated and I understood what he is saying butI think despite having a bad coach, knowing the history of each of these players, we have enough evidence to judge many of them and not waste any more time " evaluating them".

For example, In my book, Lowry will never be a pass first PG. You can waste another year and try to see him under new a coach but you will reach the same conclusion.

Another example is 2Pat and JJ. Both very capable bench players but neither are starter caliber players in a team which wants to go deep into the play offs. Again, trying to evaluate these guys under a new coach is a waste of time.

Another example is Amir Johnson and ...

Now in case of Ross, DD and Big Val, I think we need to see more under a new system but at some point, it is enough evaluation and it is time to make a move.

So yah, it was not too complicated but I thought it was just a wishful thinking type of post.
          I respectfully disagree. I think evaluating needs to be done to ensure that we have the right group of players for the direction we are going. You can look at someone like Harden who was a 6th man in OKC. Without the right situation or possibly enough valuation, he would have continued to be that player and not thrive like he has in HOU.

I think MU did what he had to do. He probably knew every single flaw each player has, but has to give enough validation to corporate for making the decisions he did. This summer will be the biggest test for him. We will essentially be given the immunity to do whatever he pleases.

Comment

• The recency bias here is strong. Everyone's forgetting the stinker demar put up in game 1
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              The recency bias here is strong. Everyone's forgetting the stinker demar put up in game 1
              He went 3-18 after the 1st quarter
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Demars been our best player this series. Forget the shooting numbers, he's putting up 6 rebounds, 6 assists per game. He's been decent on D as well. I'm liking this Demar.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  The recency bias here is strong. Everyone's forgetting the stinker demar put up in game 1
                  He has quite the stinker in game 3 minus Q1. A putrid 2-18 to end the game.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    He has quite the stinker in game 3 minus Q1. A putrid 2-18 to end the game.
                    Sorry - 3/18

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                      Demar never met a shot he didn't like.

I'm hoping this is just media lip service, because if Demar can't recognize that when Wash put Porter on him, his offence disappeared then he is done.

Bad enough to have a coach who doesn't recognize the match-up change and adjust (bit of a difference between 38 yr old Pierce and 21 yr old Porter), but a player has to realize that just because you are standing on the same spot on the court, doesn't make it the same shot.

Bring on the off-season.

Hire Oakley as coach at this point.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        I'm hoping this is just media lip service, because if Demar can't recognize that when Wash put Porter on him, his offence disappeared then he is done.

Bad enough to have a coach who doesn't recognize the match-up change and adjust (bit of a difference between 38 yr old Pierce and 21 yr old Porter), but a player has to realize that just because you are standing on the same spot on the court, doesn't make it the same shot.

Bring on the off-season.

This. I really like the Ego piece that was written on RR. This team is boosted so much by Casey, that they believe all the shots they are taking are good. If you are settling for jumpers against a taller defender its good game. He needs to be in attack mode 24/7.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

Bring on the off-season.

Forreal tho, Charles Oakley might make a good coach. Dude would whoop everyones ass haha

Comment

Working...
                          X