Playoff failure: Will this define DD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff failure: Will this define DD?

I love the growth of DD. My concern is that his growth has plateaued. Certainly the failure collectively as a team in the playoffs should not just define DD's career but you cannot ignore it either. DD has improved in the regular season year over year in my eyes including defensive improvements this year. The one minor issue I have is the appearance of lacking that killer instinct. Though I expect DD to be back next year MU should listen to any trade offers for DD. DD is probably our most untouchable player. I am just concerned that mentally he will accept losing in the playoffs..I hope not. .mental toughness is the one area that I really would like to see improved next year. Perhaps a factor in this regard is DC , our idiot coach. If he doesn't get out of the first round soon he could fall into that good but not great category career wise.

psrs1 wrote: View Post
    I love the growth of DD. My concern is that his growth has plateaued. Certainly the failure collectively as a team in the playoffs should not just define DD's career but you cannot ignore it either. DD has improved in the regular season year over year in my eyes including defensive improvements this year. The one minor issue I have is the appearance of lacking that killer instinct. Though I expect DD to be back next year MU should listen to any trade offers for DD. DD is probably our most untouchable player. I am just concerned that mentally he will accept losing in the playoffs..I hope not. .mental toughness is the one area that I really would like to see improved next year. Perhaps a factor in this regard is DC , our idiot coach. If he doesn't get out of the first round soon he could fall into that good but not great category career wise.
    What part of DeMar's career has ever given you the opinion that he will ever be satisfied with something less than the best

Comment

Jrice9 wrote: View Post
      What part of DeMar's career has ever given you the opinion that he will ever be satisfied with something less than the best
      maybe the fact that he consistently takes the worst shot in basketball?

Comment

Jrice9 wrote: View Post
        Being satisfied and winning in the playoffs are two different things. Of course he won't be satisfied with losing in the playoffs....

Comment

Playoff failure can't define a player after two years with the same coach on a developing team.

Comment

If we hire a new coach, make the playoffs and lose in the first round again, and DD doesn't play that great, than we can start talking about playoffs defining him.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Playoffs failure has nothing to do with DD and it is reflection of the whole team starting from MU to the last guy on the bench. Lets not make it about one player.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                Playoffs failure has nothing to do with DD and it is reflection of the whole team starting from MU to the last guy on the bench. Lets not make it about one player.
                Agreed.

And btw, isn't Lowry our best player? so why focus on DD?
                Last edited by The Great One; Wed Apr 22, 2015, 10:55 PM.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Derozan just has that crazy work ethic that rubs off. You want to keep him on a young team. People forget that we are still building and learning ... This team wont be a contender till 3 to 4 years. By then Derozan will have become a much more mentally strong leader. Until then enjoy the ride.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                    maybe the fact that he consistently takes the worst shot in basketball?
                    That would be Lowry

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                      It has at least a little to do with him. Is he solely responsible no? But has he done anything to impress? No.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Q: You know what the common denominator for a lot of losing Raptors teams is?

A: DD playing a large role in the offense

*Drops the mic

Comment

DeRozan is far too easily neutralized by long, mobile defenders. It's plagued him for years. This has little to do with coaching, and much to do with individual limitations.

He doesn't have the range to keep defenders honest, and doesn't have the ball skills to blow by crowding defenders.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            Bold 1 - I think he has the killer instinct on offence. What he lacks is the awareness to not force the shots. He wants to take that dagger shot, and will; problem is, the shot will be well defended and wont go in.

Bold 2 - I don't think DD is anywhere near "untouchable". JV is really the only untouchable imo due to his position/potential. DD is a very good player, but I think he is very tradeable since the SG position is much easier to fill. Plus his lack of 3 point shooting makes him a curious fit at times in the modern NBA.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              Q: You know what the common denominator for a lot of losing Raptors teams is?

A: DD playing a large role in the offense

*Drops the mic
                              What is the solution? He clearly is an important component if our team...

Comment

Working...
                              X