Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

psrs1 wrote: View Post
    How would you describe TMac's legacy?

Not really the point. TMac was so much more than his playoff failures. He was one of the most dominant, versatile players in league history. Look at his incredible playoff performances - You can't really fault the man.
    And why are we even concerned about Demars "legacy" when he's just 25 years old ... when its all said and done, I can't imagine many people will judge him solely based on his first 2 playoffs appearances. Look at Chris Bosh, is his legacy that of his failures with the Raptors? Or his 2 rings? Demars got plenty of time to adjust any legacy issues.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
      Not really the point. TMac was so much more than his playoff failures. He was one of the most dominant, versatile players in league history. Look at his incredible playoff performances - You can't really fault the man.
      And why are we even concerned about Demars "legacy" when he's just 25 years old ... when its all said and done, I can't imagine many people will judge him solely based on his first 2 playoffs appearances. Look at Chris Bosh, is his legacy that of his failures with the Raptors? Or his 2 rings? Demars got plenty of time to adjust any legacy issues.
      TMac was a great player but never led his team to playoff success. CB4 was a good player in T.O. who failed to get out of the first round but was successful in Miami and got 2 rings and four finals. He played a significant role in Miami's success .

Posters can chose not to view DD in this context, but I do believe players care about these things.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
        Some people really need to start watching the game.
        That being said, when it comes to work ethics and effort, DD has been praised by every single coach that he has played under and every player he has played beside.

Statement like above, shows the depth of baseless accusations of DD haters on this form over the season.
        Saying that DD doesnt show a compete level like Lowry isnt baseless...we have 80+ games where Lowry is the engine

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
          The funny thing about this thread is that it suggests that DD has some sort of legacy that is being tarnished by lack of playoff success. Quite the contrary ... hes been a pretty good regular season player (one time all star), who has struggled his whole career with efficiency and bringing much more than scoring (although post injury this year, has picked up assists/rebounding).
          You would absolutely EXPECT a player with DD's regular season resume to have no / very little playoff success .. so I dont think there is much to talk about here
          Ya, forget about playoff legacy, and let's start talking about his career in general. Like Ryan Wolstat tweeted, he's probably one of the most overrated players in the league.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            Q: You know what the common denominator for a lot of losing Raptors teams is?

A: DD playing a large role in the offense

*Drops the mic
            slaw wrote: View Post
            Well, okay. He's played a large role in the offense for what, 4 years? The last two have been the most successful seasons in franchise history.

So:

Q: You know what the common denominator for the two most successful season in Raptors franchise history is?

A: DD playing a large role in the offense

*Drops the mic
            *Picks up dented mic, brushes it off*

Can you guys stop dropping these? They're getting expensive to replace all the time.
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Ya, forget about playoff legacy, and let's start talking about his career in general. Like Ryan Wolstat tweeted, he's probably one of the most overrated players in the league.
              Imagine any other fan base, after getting knocked out of the first round two years in a row, passionately defending their one-time all-star core players. The Joe Johnson Hawks had a better core than this. The Gilbert Arenas Wizards had a better core than this. The Baby Bulls had a better core than this. As a Toronto fan, it made me happy to see those teams stick to their low ceiling cores. I'm all for opposing teams winning enough regular season games to make the fanbase happy, all the while knowing their ceiling is the second round at best.

I'm worried that "all we need is a SF and a PF" thinking sounds dangerously like 7 years of Bryan Colangelo. These core players are not that good. None of them are even as good as Chris Bosh was here.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                DD is a huge part of our success and failure. We need a coach that can maximize the positives he brings and minimize the negatives.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  DD is a huge part of our success and failure. We need a coach that can maximize the positives he brings and minimize the negatives.
                  For me, he's too slow-footed, too soft defensively, and too poor a shooter for me to care what another coach could do with him.

I'm in for a complete rebuild.

Comment

Working...
                  X