• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptors. Bruno's breaking out soon.

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
      Was going to say, this really shouldn't be in "Everything Raptors" unless there's some connection to the Raps .. so at least tie your answers to the Raps people. Haha

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
        Was going to say, this really shouldn't be in "Everything Raptors" unless there's some connection to the Raps .. so at least tie your answers to the Raps people. Haha
        Well I should've expanded in the Op, I wanted to see who people thought were going to be successful in the coming years in order to evaluate how they got there. What were the strengths, weaknesses, gambles, guarantees, similarities and differences in each build strategy. There's always talk about building like the Spurs but the issue is that the Spurs built a generation ago.

I think that the raptors are set to make a decision based on their future and thought it would be more relevant to look at the teams on the rise and see how they got there.

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
          Which is why the Raps MUST have its own D league team by next season to develop our prospects like Bruno, Bebe and our draft picks. So far, length has been an x-factor in this playoffs (Otto Porter, Giannis).

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
            You're welcome. :P

Comment

None of those. I want someone from SA organization who has the Pop as a ref.

Comment

The New Orleans Anthony Davis's
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I'm on the Minnesota bandwagon. I love the pieces they've got, and I'm a sucker for medium-market underdogs.

Comment

How come nobody wants OKC?

1) Pelicans - Anthony Davis is going to get to the conference finals every year (that he isn't injured) for 8 years and win multiple MVPs. He's too good. Two years from now he'll be 24, still not yet in his prime, but he'll be the best player in the league. Sorry Lebron. The only challenge, and it's a big one, is getting a championship level coach. But who wouldn't want a chance to coach Davis?

2) Boston - I think Brad Stevens has the potential to be a top level coach, and they've got SOOOO many assets. They can strike gold in the draft, or trade a bunch for any disgruntled super-duper star that comes up (Cousins, Durant, Westbrooke, Davis). Boston hasn't got lucky, but they are in the best position to be lucky.

3) OKC - They left Brooks in there two seasons too long, and only have one left, so the coaching hire is particularly important. BUT players staying with their teams is still more likely than them going elsewhere. Plus, what team can offer two players of the calibre of Ibaka and Westbrooke? If Westbrooke, Ibaka, and Durant are all healthy, they are legit championship contenders. Which reminds me, first order of business is tripling the budget on all health/conditioning/training staff. Portable hyperbaric chambers for everybody! I'd make a run at every versitle defender in free agency: Danny Green/Khris Middleton/Demarre Carroll/Jae Crowder. Basically I want long defenders can guard 2-3 positions and hit open threes. I'd want the flexibilty to play Ibaka at C, Durant at PF, two long wing defenders and Westbrooke at the point. I wouldn't play that exclusively, but I want flexibility to go small and long. I would offer the minimum at Landry Fields (his shot is gone forever, but he can still cut/pass/screen and do decent job on defense, he's a good lubricant).

4) Philly - The tanking is almost over. There'd maybe be one more season outside the playoffs, but they've got a lot of young talent, with some more young talent still coming.

5a) IF, and it's a big IF, I could get Vivek to be a little more hands off, I'd go with Sacto - Cousins is a beast, and I just think you have to surround him with the right people (like me). I think I could get him operating at a high level consistently. That guy just needs some stability.

5b) Wolves - Happy to have Garnett's leadership, and love that Wiggins is there, but this is a team that needs more young pieces. I'd test the market for Rubio, Pekovic, and Martin. I'd fire coach Saunders and hire a new guy.
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                    X