meanwhile in alternative-land..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Masai has been able to do whatever he wanted for two years. He is the President and General Manager. This result was only necessary if you think he's bound by optics, and if he's bound by optics he's probably not the right guy for the job. Because if we'd beaten the Bucks and kept the core intact, we'd have the same damn problems next season.
    The guy got 100% support from the fans and the city. This is his summer to show us what he got. I have a feeling that he will fire the coach, trade KL and DD for some late first round players and will sing the rebuild song.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Masai has been able to do whatever he wanted for two years. He is the President and General Manager. This result was only necessary if you think he's bound by optics, and if he's bound by optics he's probably not the right guy for the job. Because if we'd beaten the Bucks and kept the core intact, we'd have the same damn problems next season.
      I could be wrong, but the way I see it is Masai didnt want to spoil a good thing. He tried to tank with the Rudy trade but it backfired; he tried to trade Lowry but Dolan ultimately rejected it and finally they made the playoffs and had a heck of a series against a very experienced Nets teams. At that point he added what he thought was necessary in James Johnson & Lou Williams for defense & scoring respectively, and who could argue. The fact that this season/playoffs ended the way it did and add to that the lack of execution and their concepts looking elementary; it is clear for even a homer fan to see that it is time for mass exodus and when you already have 6 free agents it makes it that much easier. And the entire coaching staff should be a part of that mass exodus, they gotta bring in a head coach with some serious cred who will put together a serious coaching staff.

Comment

geez...this is how we want to go through the playoffs, pussyfooting around decent opposition. Unreal.

If we got swept by the Wizards, I don't care to see how we would've done against the Hawks anyways.

I am glad the Wizards exposed the Raptor,s it is a wake up call this franchise needed and answers any speculation as to whether this team is any good or just a beneficiary of a weak division.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
          The guy got 100% support from the fans and the city. This is his summer to show us what he got. I have a feeling that he will fire the coach, trade KL and DD for some late first round players and will sing the rebuild song.
          Is that a tune you'll dance too?

Here's what I think will happen. He'll make a run at some major-ish free agents, strike out, and then make periphery signings (like the ones he made last year). He will quietly shop Demar and Lowry. If he gets a deal he likes, he'll trade either-or both (sort of like Celtics). If not, he runs back the same core for another first round exit. Who knows, maybe a new coach gets a little more out of Ross and/or JV, and we get the playoff results we were supposed to get this year (hard fought second round out).
          Last edited by ezz_bee; Mon Apr 27, 2015, 07:25 AM.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
          X