Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Sonny Deserving of His New "Money Weems" Moniker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Sonny Deserving of His New "Money Weems" Moniker?

It would appear as though Devlin has come up with yet another nickname. This time for Sonny with his new "Money Weems" ones.

I know that Devlin comes up with these things for shits & giggles for the most part, but is the "money" reference a little too premature? I know he's not referring to actual money per se, but how good he's been of late, but either way is he getting a little ahead of himself right now when it comes to Weems?
    Yes
    36.84%
    No
    31.58%
    Not sure ... still on the fence.
    31.58%

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    It would appear as though Devlin has come up with yet another nickname. This time for Sonny with his new "Money Weems" ones.

I know that Devlin comes up with these things for shits & giggles for the most part, but is the "money" reference a little too premature? I know he's not referring to actual money per se, but how good he's been of late, but either way is he getting a little ahead of himself right now when it comes to Weems?
    Honestly, I laugh at how lame Devlin can be. "money weems" is sooooo lame, it doesn't rime and it's no even cool. But I don't know why but Devlin is growing on me. He is a very nice guy, he knows his stuff, and I like his lameness. He has very good chemistry with Jack. "ice ice baby ice"
    Take out the salami and cheese MAMA, this ball gameeeeee is OVERRRR!

Comment

You mean minus 29 Weems vs the Hawks last night whose offense and defense rating this year are

Offensive rating 104
      Defensive rating 114

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...weemsso01.html
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

... If Matt Bonner and Robert Archibald are deserving of the "banger brothers" moniker then yes, of course, Sonny Weems is definitely deserving of any "money" nickname we can think up. Weems is a bright spot on the roster. He plays hard. Let him have his name.

RAPMAN wrote: View Post
        Honestly, I laugh at how lame Devlin can be. "money weems" is sooooo lame, it doesn't rime and it's no even cool.
        What about Sonny Money for threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Comment

Just to be clear

I think Weems has a very nice and developing game. He has a very nice mid-range game, pretty good handles. Like most young guys his defense could stand some solid improvement though I think the potential is there.

All around I think has the potential to be a pretty nice #3. He definitely needs to improve his FT shooting and get to the line at a higher rate.

Certainly bringing a lot more value than what the Raptors are paying him and at this point should be a keeper.

However, at this point "Money Weems" seem like a hopeful stretch unless Devlin is referring to what he is producing compared to what the Raptors are paying him.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Of course not. Why do Raptors announcers (and fans) feel the need to assign nicknames to mediocre players? Remember the "Banger Brothers"? That had to be the lowest point...

Comment

If Scalabrine can get the nickname "ginger ninja" when there is clearly nothing sneaky covert or relatively ninjaesque (is that a word) then ya i think Sonny's got it. He is young and his game will improve because of his work ethic you can tell already. (unlike those other slouches)...but in reality yes he did finish -29 (im not in any way a raw +/- advocate) but in the last 8 games i believe most of them were double digit points and in only one game did he shoot less than 50% ...so his mid range game in my opinion is MONEY!!

also note: maybe we should change turks from the turkish michael jordan to the turkish zorro?

Comment

Anyone remembers the "killer B's?" boy that sure died down fast as the season progressed.

When Matt Devlin started broadcasting he was alright but then someone told him "hey be loud like Swirsky and yell stupid sh1t out, you will be more popular this way" and that got annoying fast.

Comment

Devlin is such a tool. He has to be the fakest person alive today.

Comment

Sonny better stop taking dumb shots early in the clock,
                    or the money will miss him...

Comment

It's crazy how short Devlin is selling himself while he's on the job. Anyone that speaks to him in person (including myself) says how he seems like a pretty awesome guy and actually knows the game pretty well. Yet, when we all hear him on the air he comes across like an idiot just trying to come up with quirky nicknames and establish some weird personality that appeals to Canadians. It's a shame because he actually can be good. I think he's much better suited to be on a big national network that isn't affiliated with a single team and doesn't show any bias to either team.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        Just to be clear

I think Weems has a very nice and developing game. He has a very nice mid-range game, pretty good handles. Like most young guys his defense could stand some solid improvement though I think the potential is there.

All around I think has the potential to be a pretty nice #3. He definitely needs to improve his FT shooting and get to the line at a higher rate.

Certainly bringing a lot more value than what the Raptors are paying him and at this point should be a keeper.

However, at this point "Money Weems" seem like a hopeful stretch unless Devlin is referring to what he is producing compared to what the Raptors are paying him.

wow, how much can you guys over analyze shit. you guys praise thwe guy for how he steps up but then gets this nickname and you guys whine and complain.

give it a rest.

however, i do believe that is what develin means thats what i got from it. it could also mean he hits his shots pretty consistently from certain spots like he's money from 3 or something.

it's noit meant to be over analyzed and examined by every inch.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                        X