Is Tanking An Option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The_Warlord wrote: View Post
    Agreed, think it should be the starting point for negotiations but should be offered.

I think Kobe would be behind this deal, Lowry's definitely the type of guy he can play with and all of LA would buy the idea of Demar being Kobe's apprentice next year, and taking over the position after he retired.

If the Lakers could pull this off and get Kevin Love I could see them doing this deal to give Kobe the send off he deserves while having a nice core to build around after he retires.
    Why does our fanbase think the Lakers would do this, we seem to think that Lowry is the next Jamal Tinsley, and DeMar alone would never return that much.

Comment

• Comment

• Subsequent move from the Raptors side; Assemble Team Canada.. sounds like a Colangelo-esque gimmick but why not? Is there a better more sustainable path to success given our history and the influx of young Canadian talent in recent years?

After above Lakers trade:

Ross and our 20th for Stauskas
        Sign Tristan Thompson, Cory Joseph
        If Boston still believes they have a chance at Love step in with a one-sided trade to land Olynyk

Aggressively push this agenda and don't hide from it. It will be a given around the league that we will land Wiggins eventually. Maybe Wolves talk themselves into accepting a package 4 quarters for a loonie trade for Wiggins in the fear of losing him for nothing first chance he has to bolt.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
          Why does our fanbase think the Lakers would do this, we seem to think that Lowry is the next Jamal Tinsley, and DeMar alone would never return that much.
          That response made no sense.. Lowry is obviously better than Tinsley. This initial trade proposal really depends on how important it is to the Lakers to field a competitive team around Kobe for his last year.

I would do this trade without this year's first.. Just Clarkson, Randle and next year's pick and some other asset coming back.

Comment

• The_Warlord wrote: View Post
            That response made no sense.. Lowry is obviously better than Tinsley. This initial trade proposal really depends on how important it is to the Lakers to field a competitive team around Kobe for his last year.

I would do this trade without this year's first.. Just Clarkson, Randle and next year's pick and some other asset coming back.
            not according to this fanbase.

Comment

not according to this fanbase.
              He's a top 10 PG right now in his prime. He could help a win-now team without an entrenched PG (the Lakers)

Demar is a top 5 SG/SF who is still getting better - LA would eat up the heir apparent to Kobe storyline once they see his skill set and work ethic

Giving up a solid but unproven young PG/SG in Clarkson and a potential bust/injury risk PF in Randle isn't asking too much.. tossing in the 1st probably is, that's why we eat some salary (Nick Young) and maybe give up our 1st.. some room for negotiation there.. Really depends on the Lakers motivations.

Comment

IDC if the lakers would do it, I would just be really happy if they did lol

Comment

• I believed in the tanking last year, and still do. However I picked retool because I can't see myself continuing on as a season ticket holder if we went through another rebuild from scratch.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    I think Kelly is basically an idiot.. but this plan makes sense, and I could see Masai getting behind it.
                    Believe it or not (you probably won't), but Kelly is pretty connected with MLSE .

Comment

• Man, it would be so easy to retool and miss the playoffs even for just a year, to get another young core piece. As presently constructed next year the Raptors wouldn't be much better. You know who will be better? Miami, Indiana, Detroit, Charlotte, Orlando. Lets find a great coach, take a 1 or 2 year dip in the standings and grab a couple more pieces, and get rolling from there.

Comment

• Seems like most people ive heard around the web think that the Raps should/will blow up the roster and restart. Some people hear seem to agree with this (including myself) while it seems like most people would be happy signing a guy like Middleton and a vet or two. Personally I don't think that moves the needle to much, maybe they can get to the second round. Is this because people dont want to watch a pile of young guys develop and playoff basketball is pretty exciting or do people actually think that a roster with this core plus Middleton and potentially a new coach could compete?

Comment

Working...
                        X