Potential final games with this core...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2KJ wrote: View Post
    I'm really hoping Amir comes back as a backup. Yes, he's no longer starter material but he's still decent. I've seen him improve and work on his game. He started of as a foul-out machine backing up Bosh, then Bargs, to being one of the leaders of this team. And he's the main guy that has openly shown love for our city and country.

On top of my wish list would be Tristan Thompson. Not only cuz he's Canadian, but he will solve our rebounding woes. He's like a young Amir with much lower mileage, and has been a thorn on the boards whenever we play the Cavs. He just rejected an extension from the Cavs and was pissed when they got both Kevin Love and then Mozgov.

2nd would be Kate Middleton who would be a better replacement for TRoss, as Ross has tremendously regressed on both ends. 3rd would be a true backup point guard, similar to when we had Nando last year. No more guard chuckers please.
    Khris Middleton*

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
      I'm really hoping Amir comes back as a backup. Yes, he's no longer starter material but he's still decent. I've seen him improve and work on his game. He started of as a foul-out machine backing up Bosh, then Bargs, to being one of the leaders of this team. And he's the main guy that has openly shown love for our city and country.

On top of my wish list would be Tristan Thompson. Not only cuz he's Canadian, but he will solve our rebounding woes. He's like a young Amir with much lower mileage, and has been a thorn on the boards whenever we play the Cavs. He just rejected an extension from the Cavs and was pissed when they got both Kevin Love and then Mozgov.

2nd would be Kate Middleton who would be a better replacement for TRoss, as Ross has tremendously regressed on both ends. 3rd would be a true backup point guard, similar to when we had Nando last year. No more guard chuckers please.
      We need a vet, let's get Queen Elizabeth to play point guard

please don't take it personally, just trying to have some fun before the season finally end

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
        Amir gave all he had to this team and even with one ankle he was the best big man for this team in this play offs.
        Sadly, I think Hansbrough might have been our best big during the playoffs, and I don't know if he got a rebound. Amir was brutal defensively. JV struggled in both ends (though I'd argue was a net positive). Patterson was good at times but very inconsistent.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Sadly, I think Hansbrough might have been our best big during the playoffs, and I don't know if he got a rebound.
          Hansbrough had three rebounds on Friday, to go with two steals and two assists, plus a couple other steals he was involved with. Big Val struggled at times, but the team's best three- and four-man lineups all feature either him or Hansbrough, or both together, as I show in the game four thread.
          Last edited by caccia; Sun Apr 26, 2015, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Potential final games with this core...

That is actually great. Anyone who knows even little bit about Ball knew from the summer that this team does not have enough TALENTS. There were obvious holes in SF, PF and starting C.

I hope this is the last game for this group of guys and I hope MU finally stop procrastinating and start to get us some real talent.
            Exactly.

I was hoping we would be exactly where we are right now. We obviously need to make drastic changes!
            But then again I just wish this was the same team from the beginning of the season. It was too fun to watch a team so unselfish at the top of the ladder. Where any given night it could have been any player stealing the show..
            When Lowry was playing good.. :/ .. He was so fricking good, besides the final shot hero ball stuff.. But even then you brushed that aside because had it not been for him, there would be no tie game final shot.
            But now he's just terribad., keeping him next season is like a gamble , but what could they get for him? I'm not sure..
            And if he returns to being the kyle Lowry of old, he definitely can't play much minutes during the regular season, but unfortunately he's only good because of his "try hard" play style . He has no advantage other than being more gritty and wanting it more than others!

Bye raptors ! ;|
            2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                Sadly, I think Hansbrough might have been our best big during the playoffs, and I don't know if he got a rebound. Amir was brutal defensively. JV struggled in both ends (though I'd argue was a net positive). Patterson was good at times but very inconsistent.
                Injured Amir was head and neck above JV on defensive end. He also scored more than other bigs and almost got as much rebounds as the other bigs.

As far as JV ,"JV struggled in both ends (though I'd argue was a net positive)", I guess you can argue anything here but reality is what you said at first part of your statement:
                "JV struggled in both ends"

Comment

Injured Amir was head and neck above JV on defensive end. He also scored more than other bigs and almost got as much rebounds as the other bigs.

As far as JV ,"JV struggled in both ends (though I'd argue was a net positive)", I guess you can argue anything here but reality is what you said at first part of your statement:
                  "JV struggled in both ends"
                  Actually in the last game Amir got wrecked on the back-side defense while JV was mediocre

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    Actually in the last game Amir got wrecked on the back-side defense while JV was mediocre
                    I think you watched a different game. I am talking about Raptors-Wash play off series in 2015

Comment

I think you watched a different game. I am talking about Raptors-Wash play off series in 2015
                      Seriously, Amir may have been our worst big defender. He was brutal - no fault of his though, he's just broken now.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If every player that saw a minute of court time in the post season got moved, the only player I'd be nostalgic about is Amir.

I loved that man with all(most) all my heart. He's an all-time raptor. If he doesn't come back, I will pour one out.
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                        X