Post-Mortem 2014-2015 season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-Mortem 2014-2015 season.

This season was a tale of highs and raised expectations swinging wildly to end in quietly with a whimper. How could we be so good? How could we be so bad? What happened to KL? Is DC really that stupid?

Overall the season was a failure....BC's imprints are still on this team and our roster flaws have been exposed. Now is the time for MU to shape this team into his liking. We need first to get the right coach...

Someone explain to me how we were so good to begin the season. I saw it all, but it feels like a vague childhood memory..
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

37-17 then 12-16

Comment

^^^ We were not that good. We had some holes that needed to be fixed over the summer and were ignored. As season went by, other teams improved their weakness via trades or ... Our young players did not grow as expected and ...

Comment

Casey ran a pointless 49 win season by doing jack shit. No offensive plan and a broken defense. This was a 82 game issue

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
            Someone explain to me how we were so good to begin the season. I saw it all, but it feels like a vague childhood memory..
            Teams started scouting us.... we didn't adjust. Coach didn't reign in lowry and he started playing selfish ....

Comment

I thought this would be a plateau season with little improvement in wins and no significant roster changes leading up to a much more active free agency season this year. But the lack of internal development is really frustrating; you can have a plateau year that nonetheless sets the table for future improvements. This wasn't such a season.

Comment

Its a lost season regardless of the overall record. Good start, bad ending. Coach had lost the room. Fire him!!!!

Comment

I think far and away the most frustrating thing about this season was how predictable it was. Last playoffs we saw flaws that many of us harped on during the 2013-14 season. Then through summer and training camp we saw the same things again. Right through the preseason. I wrote the following predictions on October 26, 2014.

Demar's handle is improved but his shot selection remains the same.
                  TRoss remains mostly the same.
                  Val still won't get looks.
                  Too much jumpshooting.
                  Coaching won't outmaneuver better opposition scouting.
                  Worse luck with injuries.
                  Better competition.

God, I sound like GLF.

On the plus side:
                  Big year from Lowry and his first all-star berth.
                  Better D from Val.
                  JJ key matchup piece.
                  Lou is a supersub (but sometimes drives us crazy).
                  Masai and co vastly overrated the benefits of continuity. If the foundation in terms of talent, structure, and coaching is flawed, then continuation is only going to lead to the same results.

You could see this coming a mile away. It was a lost season with little meaningful development. At this point Masai needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat because with a 20th pick and a number of pieces expiring, the long term outlook for our team is muddy at best.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    I think far and away the most frustrating thing about this season was how predictable it was. Last playoffs we saw flaws that many of us harped on during the 2013-14 season. Then through summer and training camp we saw the same things again. Right through the preseason. I wrote the following predictions on October 26, 2014.

Masai and co vastly overrated the benefits of continuity. If the foundation in terms of talent, structure, and coaching is flawed, then continuation is only going to lead to the same results.

You could see this coming a mile away. It was a lost season with little meaningful development. At this point Masai needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat because with a 20th pick and a number of pieces expiring, the long term outlook for our team is muddy at best.
                    GLF is usually right...

Comment

It's pretty evident what this team needs. They need rebounding - at the 4, an actual 3, and a bench. They will probably have to deal DeRozan this summer to get a lot of what they need. Oh, and a new head coach.

Comment

Looking at the team.. it is pretty evident. Demar will either leave or get traded.

Comment

I think we have to look at in in the context of a time frame that began two seasons ago. That doesn't sugar coat things but it does smooth out the unexpected jump that took place last year. A sweep this year is devastating but where do two first round playoff series (both losses) fit in the grand plan that started with Masai two years ago? Is it still progress? Is the realization that "a jump shooting team that can't play defence can't win in the playoffs" part of the learning process? I guess depending on how you see that, you either think the stench of this year demands a tear down, or maybe this is just part of the path. Either way, my heart goes out to all the members of the republic. It was a fun year. This is a gross ending. As a wise man said, war is gross.

Comment

BLOW IT UP

but keep derozan.
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

so excited for this offseason... i knew that this team could not perform in the playoffs... this whole season was a fluke

Comment

Working...
                              X