Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who's available and who should we target?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who's available and who should we target?

So what do the Raptors do moving forward? We need to get a real SF or PF imo. but who's out there, available and can fill this void?

Would you trade Lou while his value is high? as much as I love the guy I think he changed the chemistry and flow to our second unit.

take a break y'all...

Comment

Marc Gasol...JV is out, I can't watch him anymore,reminds me Bargnani on Defensive end.
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

On a realistic level, I actually wouldn't mind going after Beverley.

I think he would provide something we need defensively and could be interesting in several lineups. That might mean the end of vasquez but not necessarily.

Danny Green interests me too

Comment

Who the fuck will want to play for this team after that performance.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
            Who the fuck will want to play for this team after that performance.
            Great point and this is why some of us said it over and over that a good performance in this play off is very important for future recruiting of the star players. However, MU did not believe in that and thought sitting pat is enough and this team is good enough to compete.

Comment

In all honesty if this was possible i would go for it but i highly doubt it, its good to dream though

Raptors Get:
              DeMarcus Cousins
              Sacremento Gets:
              Terrence Ross
              Jonas Valunciunas
              Raptors first rounder 2015
              Nuggets/NYK Pick (at first i would only offer one of this or the raptors pick but both might be necessary for them to even consider it

After doing this you immediatly go and sign either
              A)Khris Middleton (A REAL 3 AND D PLAYER )
              B) Tobias Harris

With this you can have a potential lineup of
              Kyle Lowry
              DeMar
              Khris/Tobias
              ???
              Demarcus

Then you need to just make some adjustments with the PF spot and you should be good also don't forget about that PP and DMO connection from Kentucky.

Comment

KendrickLamarr wrote: View Post
                In all honesty if this was possible i would go for it but i highly doubt it, its good to dream though

Raptors Get:
                DeMarcus Cousins
                Sacremento Gets:
                Terrence Ross
                Jonas Valunciunas
                Nuggets/NYK Pick (at first i would only offer one of this or the raptors pick but both might be necessary for them to even consider it

B) Tobias Harris

Kyle Lowry
                DeMar
                Khris/Tobias
                ???
                Demarcus

Then you need to just make some adjustments with the PF spot and you should be good also don't forget about that PP and DMO connection from Kentucky.
                and then sign parkins/mcgee as backup center, resign hans and S&T gv for Beverley
                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  Great point and this is why some of us said it over and over that a good performance in this play off is very important for future recruiting of the star players. However, MU did not believe in that and thought sitting pat is enough and this team is good enough to compete.
                  Goodness, man. You've made the same point ad nauseum. I would love, love, love to know what kind of move you would have made instead of standing pat. What assets would you have given up? Unless you're giving up something of significance, what did you expect to receive? And you want to make a huge move in the middle of a season?

Comment

KendrickLamarr wrote: View Post

Raptors Get:
                    DeMarcus Cousins
                    Sacremento Gets:
                    Terrence Ross
                    Jonas Valunciunas

B) Tobias Harris

Kyle Lowry
                    DeMar
                    Khris/Tobias
                    ???
                    Demarcus

1. Sacramento says a million times no.
                    2. The only way to get Middleton is to offer 8 figures a season. No thanks.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                      However, MU did not believe in that and thought sitting pat is enough and this team is good enough to compete.
                      True, but MU made the decision to 'stay pat' at a time when the Raps chemistry was incredible and coming off an amazing second half of last season when we looked like a legit team. Who would've known that the same squad would turn out the way they did a season later?
                      Actually thats what really baffles me about this team. We had so much promise and so much momentum at the end of last season and before all star break this season and then.... all of sudden... we fall on our faces and get treated like an 8th seed in the playoffs!?!? I dont get it. Some people say other teams just figured us out, some say Lou changed up the flow and some say Casey just gave the reigns to the players and stop preaching his defensive philosophies....I just don't f**#$# know.

Comment

Jrice9 - Over GV?!!? hell yes. I would love Beverley on our team.

Comment

agreed...everyone take a day off...but then engineer getting Batum and Taj Gibson
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Keep DeRozan and Valanciunas as the core pieces

Trade Lowry for a high draft pick

Sign complementary pieces

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              1. Sacramento says a million times no.
                              2. The only way to get Middleton is to offer 8 figures a season. No thanks.
                              I'd offer 10 mill a year, but not more.

thead wrote: View Post
                              agreed...everyone take a day off...but then engineer getting Batum and Taj Gibson
                              I'm on board for Taj, but what can we offer, that Chicago would want? GV+Ross? Unless Portland is going to dump Batum (possible if Aldridge leaves) i'm not sure we've got anything they'd want.

Salaries:
                              Player 2015/2016 2016/2017 2017/2018 2018/2019
                              Kyle Lowry $12,000,000 $12,000,000 $12,000,000 N/A
                              DeMar Derozan $10,100,000 $10,100,000 N/A N/A
                              Greivis Vasquez $6,600,000 N/A N/A N/A
                              Patrick Patterson $6,268,675 $6,050,000 N/A N/A
                              Jonas Valanciunas $4,660,482 $6,179,799 N/A N/A
                              Terrence Ross $3,553,917 $4,790,680 N/A N/A
                              James Johnson $2,500,000 N/A N/A N/A
                              Bruno Caboclo $1,524,000 $1,589,640 $2,451,225 $3,560,334

Depth
                              1 Lowry Vasquez
                              2 Derozan Ross (Ross just can't handle being a starting SF, bench SG is better fit)
                              3 ??? J. Johnson Caboclo
                              4 ??? Patterson
                              5 JV ???

Unless you think that James Johnson and Caboclo can hold down the SF position (not likely), We need a starting SF, starting PF, and back up Center.

I think you throw the max at Kawhi Leonard (not happening) Aldridge (Only slightly less unrealistic) AND Draymond Green (small chance) he's got everything this team lacks at the 3-4 spot. But all those are less than likely. Could Demar or Danny Green coexist as starting wings?

We need better defenders.
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X