Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who's available and who should we target?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heh.

I dunno Mango.

What if Masai pulled off a full on 12 man canadian born team?

Comment

Things management needs to address this summer in my opinion: back-up center, starting 4, starting 3, back-up point guard and shooting guard. Some possible options (only realistic ones, we're not going to get the likes of Aldridge, Draymond Green, Butler, etc).

Back-up Center:
      Kosta Koufus- Unrestricted free agent, good shot-blocking big, only 26 though so he might want to go somewhere where he can more minutes
      Brandan Wright- UFA, another good shot-blocker, plays good D and rebounds decently but doesn't do much else, long body
      Alex Ajinca- UFA, good shot-blocker, good D, destroyed the Raps in a game this season if memory serves well
      Joel Anthony_ UFA, cheap veteran, plus Canadian!
      Wright and Ajinca would probably be most realistic options, shouldn't cost as much, and would let Bebe get in some minutes as well. If Bebe is traded, than you go hard for Koufus.

Upgrade at 4 spot:
      Paul Millsap- UFA, will be extremely difficult to get him from Atlanta, but you might as well try, would probably be best fit alongside Jonas. Can spread the floor, score in many ways, and is underrated on defensive end, also has sneaky quick hands.
      Taj Gibson- Under contract, would have to trade for him. Defensively I like him, I just don't know he'd fit alongside Jonas, he doesn't have a very strong mid-range game.
      David West- Player option this summer, a nice vet in the locker room, would fit very well alongside Jonas.

Upgrade at 3:
      DeMarre Carroll- UFA. Won't lie, I absolutely love this player, and think he's exactly what the Raptors are missing. He plays so hard, hustles, has that underdog mentality, and is a prototypical 3 and D guy. He'd be a fantastic fit with DeMar.
      Jae Crowder- RFA, similar player to Carroll, only 24 so room to grow, is a 3 and D type of guy. Slightly undersized at 6'7, but looks very strong and has a big body which could make up for size. Would be cheaper than Carroll.
      K.J McDaniels: RFA, very intriguing young player, I think Masai should take a shot at an affordable contract.
      Jared Dudley- Player Option, the Bucks might have a bit of log-jam in their 2 and 3 spots, but I doubt they get rid of Dudley's leadership and defense. He's what we were all hoping Landry Fields could have been for us...

Back-up PG:
      Corey Joseph: RFA, Spurs already have Mills, so Joseph might be expendable. Of course the home country narrative is a factor as well, but I also like his game, very pesky on defense, needs to improve the 3 though.
      Beno Udrih: Player Option, another possible veteran presence, would be a nice different look from Lowry, more of a pass first point guard.
      Andre Miller- UFA, would a nice veteran 3rd string point guard, but I think he retires this season and joins Karl on his coaching staff in Sacramento

Back-up SG:
      Vince Carter- He is exactly what we need, a veteran player who can actually play 10-15 minutes a night (sorry Chuck Hayes). He'd be a nice back-up to DeMar, he can still stroke the 3, and surprisingly still plays respectable defense.
      Gerald Green- UFA, shoots the 3 well, athletic, not sure if he's good enough defensively though

One of my ideal (and realistic) teams (hard to decide on one specifically at this moment of time):
      PG- Lowry/Joseph/Miller
      SG: DeRozan/Carter/Pick this year
      SF: Carroll/JJ/Bruno
      PF: West/ Patterson/Anthony
      C: Jonas/Wright/Bebe

Btw, this is all assuming we get a better coach. Without a proper coach, a lot of these moves would be irrelevant really.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        Chicago's owner is really cheap. To keep Butler at the max I believe means they have to pay luxury tax.. something they have never ever done before.
        But probably only for a year, because new TV revenue money kicks in next year and the tax and cap are shooting way up. It's going to be hard to outbid any team that has rights to match this summer, because every team is going to be thinking, "whatever contract I need to pay this summer to keep my stars, it's going to look like a steal compared to the money getting thrown around in 12 months."

Comment

I would trade Lowry and T ross to the lakers for Randle and Lin.

Comment

I would like to see Corey Joseph in a raps uniform next year. Not just because he's Canadian, its because he plays defense at pg. And also played in a winning system with 1 of the best head coach's.

Comment

Big tasty wrote: View Post
              I would like to see Corey Joseph in a raps uniform next year. Not just because he's Canadian, its because he plays defense at pg. And also played in a winning system with 1 of the best head coach's.
              He's the probably the only Canadian that's worth the price that we can actually acquire any time soon. I'm all for it.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                He's the probably the only Canadian that's worth the price that we can actually acquire any time soon. I'm all for it.
                Yeah let Lou walk and sign CoJo.

Vasquez&Cojo is a better pairing than Lou&Vasquez

Josephs defense would greatly help this team on the perimeter
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Yeah let Lou walk and sign CoJo.

Vasquez&Cojo is a better pairing than Lou&Vasquez

Josephs defense would greatly help this team on the perimeter
                  or even better, dump Vasquez and bring back De Colo.

De Colo & CoJo is even better.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I do wonder if Philly would move Nerlens Noel. They are in no rush to get better and moved MCW out of left field, so maybe NYK/DEN pick for Noel can get it done.

I really like his game. A lot of Amir like qualities.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      or even better, dump Vasquez and bring back De Colo.

De Colo & CoJo is even better.
                      Are you saying YOU'RE IN LOVE WIT DE COLO!? You could probably GET HIM FOR THE LOW LOW!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                        Are you saying YOU'RE IN LOVE WIT DE COLO!? You could probably GET HIM FOR THE LOW LOW!
                        CoJo, De Colo and Sauce Castillo as our starters lol. Then play Bruno at PF and you just need a C.

Comment

Ya'll should know by now who I want:

Demarre Carroll.

Need I say more???????
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                            Ya'll should know by now who I want:

Demarre Carroll.

Need I say more???????
                            Demar Derozan, Demarre Carrol, DeAndre Daniels,DeMarcus Cousins DeAndre Jordan.

make king DeDeDeDeDe a thing

Comment

Man I love Amir and the passion he's had for Toronto, but I'd like to see him and Lou leave this off season.

Amir made $7 mil this past season and is probably gonna look for more in an extension, I think we have a guy who's better and has more potential in 2Pat. Put him into the starting lineup if we don't get a star PF this off season.

Lou also, fantastic offensive scorer. Not much else. Can't really create looks for others, horrible defense, he'd be a great fit somewhere else. We have the offense already, we need solid defensive guards imo.

I'd look into bringing one of the bigs Gasol, Aldridge, West. Maybe a defensive guard/SF, Beverly, Afflalo, Carrol, Draymond Green, Middelton... lots of potential out there in the market.

My number one wish tho: Wesley Matthews. Would be huge for the Raptors if he recovers fully.
                              Since '99

Comment

Working...
                              X