Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rapfan10
    replied
    I really dont know if this is true or not but.... Why didn't JJ talk at the exit interviews yesterday? Could the management have held him back?

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    It's easy to fire a guy if he's a meat head and nobody like him. It's not so easy when it's a locker room leader presenting points that make sense to other guys on the team.

He might have been representing a group of guys, speaking on their behalf as well. Leaders do that.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Mapko wrote: View Post
    This (see bold) implies that JJ" led a rebellion against Casey & his "fav stars". You realize if this were a case, JJ would have been gone off the team within an hour.
    Unless there were equally important players (in Masai's eyes) on JJs side of the divide. Specifically, if JV sides with JJ, and Masai thinks JV is the future star of the team, I doubt Masai would trade JJ for standing up for JV and Co. If he did, he would basically have to trade JV on the spot too.

Not sure if any of this actually happened, but it is a complex situation and dynamic relationship that is far too complex to over-simplify.

Leave a comment:

• Mapko
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Well, by the sounds of the rumor, James Johnson stood up for a group on the roster who felt that the team was being coached improperly. The rumor implies there was a feeling of "us" against "them" inside the lockeroom. If you're enjoying your job but you then perceive the guy next to you resents you in someway because of your standing on the team, how do you think you're going to interact with that coworker going forward?

If you feel your boss doesn't appreciate your hard work, do you continue to work hard for him? Especially if there is a guy "just like you" who stood up and is now a martyr?

Sounds like players vs. coaches and players vs. players.

This of course is all speculation based on a couple happenings during the season and an unverified source who could be just stirring the shit out of amusement or some sort of perceived personal gain or both.
    This (see bold) implies that JJ" led a rebellion against Casey & his "fav stars". You realize if this were a case, JJ would have been gone off the team within an hour.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Yep.

But like I said, something was wrong. I'd love to have been in the room to know what it was. These are men, not kids.

Leave a comment:

• Mindlessness
    replied
    Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Meh. This story, or another, something was horribly wrong with that team. And I don't care what people say, James Johnson is a better player than his minutes showed.
    You just disagreed with Dwane Casey and probably only Dwane Casey.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Meh. This story, or another, something was horribly wrong with that team. And I don't care what people say, James Johnson is a better player than his minutes showed.

Leave a comment:

• Mapko
    replied
    big boi wrote: View Post
    Woah. Makes sense. And the team was just allowed to go on a downward spiral?
    Correction: Our "downward spiral" started after Portland game (last game of 2014) NOT end of Feb as this "alleged incident" occurred.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    How can anyone know for sure if they weren't in the locker room?
    The beat guys are around the team all the time. For months on end. They'd have a better sense than anyone except those in the locker room - and no one actually in the locker room is going to say anything.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    For the record, TSN's Lewenberg has come right out and said this rumour is nonsense, and he'd be far more connected with the team than whoever is running the HHC account.
    How can anyone know for sure if they weren't in the locker room?

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    For the record, TSN's Lewenberg has come right out and said this rumour is nonsense, and he'd be far more connected with the team than whoever is running the HHC account.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    Very plausible thinking however the stats suggest otherwise on how they've interacted as a team. (AST% has actually gone up during our bad stretch).

Casual fans look at the headlines and big names not advanced stats. If PER really did mean "best player" (and this league was full of "casual fans") Sim Bhullar would have been chosen first in this fantasy league. Right..?
    There is more to winning than making passes to the open guy but yeah, you can place that one in the case against what I said.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    If you're enjoying your job but you then perceive the guy next to you resents you in someway because of your standing on the team, how do you think you're going to interact with that coworker going forward?

If you feel your boss doesn't appreciate your hard work, do you continue to work hard for him? Especially if there is a guy "just like you" who stood up and is now a martyr?
    Very plausible thinking however the stats suggest otherwise on how they've interacted as a team. (AST% has actually gone up during our bad stretch).

OldSchool wrote: View Post
    lol uh yeah....thats my point. Here let me put it this way, lets say you were just a casual fan playing in a basketball fantasy league, and you dont really know a thing about basketball tsk tsk, you would look at the stats, PER for example, and based on those stats you would choose Favors over Gasol or Kyrie with your second round pick. And why wouldnt you...the stats say hes a more efficient player. lol its not difficult what Im trying to say here
    Casual fans look at the headlines and big names not advanced stats. If PER really did mean "best player" (and this league was full of "casual fans") Sim Bhullar would have been chosen first in this fantasy league. Right..?

Leave a comment:

• OldSchool
    replied
    hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    No it doesn't, the stat literally says 'player efficiency rating', not 'player rating'. It means favors is more efficient than those other two. That's it.
    lol uh yeah....thats my point. Here let me put it this way, lets say you were just a casual fan playing in a basketball fantasy league, and you dont really know a thing about basketball tsk tsk, you would look at the stats, PER for example, and based on those stats you would choose Favors over Gasol or Kyrie with your second round pick. And why wouldnt you...the stats say hes a more efficient player. lol its not difficult what Im trying to say here

Good job both of you, you know have Derrick Favors in your line up, because you relied strickly on stats and nothing else....good job

tDotted wrote: View Post
    Thank you.
    lol
    Last edited by OldSchool; Mon Apr 27, 2015, 06:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• c_bcm
    replied
    JJ speaking truth there. Holding JV to such a high standard but not KL or DD is hypocritical. Can't blame him for being frustrated. However, you don't let this shit out into the public domain like that. Fans don't need to know that sort of information. So long as Masai knows, everyone who needs to know, knows.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X