Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumour: Dwane Casey & James Johnson Did Have Another Falling Out

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    You can't be serious. WE WERE NEVER CONTENDERS!!! You can't be contenders without ever winning a playoff series. Also, if the timeline is correct, this fallout would have happened after the Raptors started free falling. Why don't you blame Casey for creating the double standards in the first place.
    We were contenders GOING INTO the playoffs..well sort of. We were 40-20 after the Rudy Gay trade (i may be off a bit) and 24-8 to start this year (before the team went downhill) Now I know thats just average in the West but at that point you couldn't just write off our team. This year was different though unfortunately

    You're right about the time line though. Man I hope for JJ's sake this is just BS but at the same time my brain needs a reason for our team's crazy turn-around. Its like a completely different team/atmosphere then we had when last season ended.

    Also its easy to blame Casey for our downfalls, hell even my patience is starting to run low with him. But during our stretches of winning and cohesion did you give praise to coach then? did you blame him for any of that success? I bet you didn't.
    Last edited by OldSchool; Mon Apr 27, 2015, 12:50 AM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Yeaaaahhhh I don't know about this one. Who the fuck's their sources? lol Hoops Hype got a spy in the locker room?
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

      Comment


      • #33
        I got a question, why bring this up now? why not bring it up when it actually happened?

        Comment


        • #34
          tDotted wrote: View Post
          Raptors' Assists per game from Oct 29 to Dec 31 (24-8 record): 20.8 APG

          Raptors' Assists per game from Jan 2 to Apr 15 (25-25 record): 20.7 APG

          Watch out for that cancer James Johnson... might end up dropping your top notch APG a whole .1. Scary..
          So you're saying our team chemistry is the same as it was when last season ended and early this season? because of one stat?! IMO its obvious just by watching that the chemistry is changed (not for the better obviously). Just watch the games , it seems they went away from what was working, look at the body language, listen to what the players are saying. There's something different dude, it obvious, at least to me. Ill follow the team by watching games, you can keep following them on paper.
          Last edited by OldSchool; Mon Apr 27, 2015, 12:52 AM.

          Comment


          • #35
            OldSchool wrote: View Post
            So you're saying our team chemistry is the same as it was when last season ended and early this season? because of one stat?! IMO its obvious just by watching that the chemistry is changed (not for the better obviously). Just watch the games , it seems they went away from what was working, look at the body language, listen to what the players are saying. There's something different dude, it obvious, at least to me. Ill follow the team by watching games, you can keep following them on paper.
            Why not both?
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

            Comment


            • #36
              exactly

              Comment


              • #37
                For Hoops Hype: As your boy Jay-Zed would say, "We don't believe you, you need more people!"
                The Double Champ is here!
                Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                Comment


                • #38
                  tDotted wrote: View Post
                  Raptors' Assists per game from Oct 29 to Dec 31 (24-8 record): 20.8 APG

                  Raptors' Assists per game from Jan 2 to Apr 15 (25-25 record): 20.7 APG

                  Watch out for that cancer James Johnson... might end up dropping your top notch APG a whole .1. Scary..

                  How dare you backup your posts with actual facts and logic, that is against forum policy!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    OldSchool wrote: View Post
                    We were contenders GOING INTO the playoffs..well sort of.
                    We were barely contenders going into 2015 lol.
                    OldSchool wrote: View Post
                    So you're saying our team chemistry is the same as it was when last season ended and early this season? because of one stat?!
                    Well... what other stat do you wanna use?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      After that Dec-Jan west coast trip, when we lost by 20 points for the first time in a year, and also lost 3 consecutive games for the first time in a year, that was the turning point when jerome started to witness a different team. We lost our ability to dig deep and over come deficits, we weren't able to hold on to leads against weaker teams, and we started to play iso-heavy offense for much longer stretches in games. So if anything happened to our team chemistry, that was when it all happened.

                      Meanwhile, JJ lost his playing time sometime in Feb/March, so by the law of causality, JJ does not seem to be the reason of lost chemistry. Actually it seems to be the other way around, we lost our chemistry, and the coach decided to bench JJ to bring it back but to no avail.

                      But why the coach made the JJ benching decision 2 months after we lost our mojo is beyond reasoning, given the available information.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        tDotted wrote: View Post
                        We were barely contenders going into 2015 lol.

                        Well... what other stat do you wanna use?
                        How about put the paper away for later and just watch the games lol.

                        On paper Derrick Favours has a higher PER than both Marc Gasol and Kyrie Irving. Thats a stat too don't you know

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          OldSchool wrote: View Post
                          How about put the paper away for later and just watch the games lol.

                          On paper Derrick Favours has a higher PER than both Marc Gasol and Kyrie Irving. Thats a stat too don't you know
                          I watch the games... and if Favors has a higher PER it just means he's more efficient overall. Doesn't mean he's a better player. What are you trying to say?

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Remember that James Johnson-Jeff Teague all star campaign on ig? Something must have really happened in the locker room that's not being shown on open gym. Well, at least it's still not as bad as Indiana's self-destruction last year imo.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              No weight in HHC's account

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                tDotted wrote: View Post
                                I watch the games... and if Favors has a higher PER it just means he's more efficient overall. Doesn't mean he's a better player. What are you trying to say?
                                "deasn't mean he's a better player"...but wait, the stats say he is!! lol

                                dude you bring up stats to try to prove your point. Then when i show a stat thats true but doesn't mean jack on the court... all of a sudden stats aren't important to you?! exactly. SMH

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X