No announcement yet.

Rumour: Dwane Casey & James Johnson Did Have Another Falling Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a little too convent this info is only coming out now.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
      I know the RR groupmind hates Casey and loves Johnson, but let's bear in mind that James Johnson played himself out of Toronto (the first time), Sacramento and Memphis with his attitude, and he was productive on every one of those teams. The dude's talent does not change the fact that he's a classic basket case with a track record of poisoning locker rooms.

I'm not saying it's Johnson's fault. I'm just saying: presuming that it's Casey's fault is really unfair to Casey, and that says something.
      Well considering a lot of people felt the double-standard existed and hurt the team before JJ "may have even" said anything, yeah, I think it's fair to paint this on Casey. The team play is a direct reflection on the coach. He instills the scheme, runs the practices, calls the plays and manages the talent.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
        I know the RR groupmind hates Casey and loves Johnson, but let's bear in mind that James Johnson played himself out of Toronto (the first time), Sacramento and Memphis with his attitude, and he was productive on every one of those teams. The dude's talent does not change the fact that he's a classic basket case with a track record of poisoning locker rooms.

I'm not saying it's Johnson's fault. I'm just saying: presuming that it's Casey's fault is really unfair to Casey, and that says something.
        It's human nature to take a side. It's rare you see someone stand back and say !@#$'em both.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          It's human nature to take a side. It's rare you see someone stand back and say !@#$'em both.
          Although Masai might at this point.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
            It's a little too convent this info is only coming out now.
            Disagree. I'm sure most people feel less muzzled once the season is over. Finally an opportunity to speak candidly. I mean what's Casey going to do now? Bench him?

Comment

Maybe somebody just boiled over due to frustration/resentment? Every other time I recall the Raptors seeing big change(s) there was lots of smoke beforehand.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Disagree. I'm sure most people feel less muzzled once the season is over. Finally an opportunity to speak candidly. I mean what's Casey going to do now? Bench him?
                Casey sends JJ a care package...

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  Casey sends JJ a care package...

lol, it's actually made of pine, isn't it?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    lol, it's actually made of pine, isn't it?
                    I dunno, Carlton would definitely know more about pine than I would

Comment

JJ speaking truth there. Holding JV to such a high standard but not KL or DD is hypocritical. Can't blame him for being frustrated. However, you don't let this shit out into the public domain like that. Fans don't need to know that sort of information. So long as Masai knows, everyone who needs to know, knows.
                      Welp, that sucked.

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        No it doesn't, the stat literally says 'player efficiency rating', not 'player rating'. It means favors is more efficient than those other two. That's it.
                        lol uh yeah....thats my point. Here let me put it this way, lets say you were just a casual fan playing in a basketball fantasy league, and you dont really know a thing about basketball tsk tsk, you would look at the stats, PER for example, and based on those stats you would choose Favors over Gasol or Kyrie with your second round pick. And why wouldnt you...the stats say hes a more efficient player. lol its not difficult what Im trying to say here

Good job both of you, you know have Derrick Favors in your line up, because you relied strickly on stats and nothing else....good job

tDotted wrote: View Post
                        Thank you.
                        lol
                        Last edited by OldSchool; Mon Apr 27, 2015, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          If you're enjoying your job but you then perceive the guy next to you resents you in someway because of your standing on the team, how do you think you're going to interact with that coworker going forward?

If you feel your boss doesn't appreciate your hard work, do you continue to work hard for him? Especially if there is a guy "just like you" who stood up and is now a martyr?
                          Very plausible thinking however the stats suggest otherwise on how they've interacted as a team. (AST% has actually gone up during our bad stretch).

OldSchool wrote: View Post
                          lol uh yeah....thats my point. Here let me put it this way, lets say you were just a casual fan playing in a basketball fantasy league, and you dont really know a thing about basketball tsk tsk, you would look at the stats, PER for example, and based on those stats you would choose Favors over Gasol or Kyrie with your second round pick. And why wouldnt you...the stats say hes a more efficient player. lol its not difficult what Im trying to say here
                          Casual fans look at the headlines and big names not advanced stats. If PER really did mean "best player" (and this league was full of "casual fans") Sim Bhullar would have been chosen first in this fantasy league. Right..?

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Very plausible thinking however the stats suggest otherwise on how they've interacted as a team. (AST% has actually gone up during our bad stretch).

Casual fans look at the headlines and big names not advanced stats. If PER really did mean "best player" (and this league was full of "casual fans") Sim Bhullar would have been chosen first in this fantasy league. Right..?
                            There is more to winning than making passes to the open guy but yeah, you can place that one in the case against what I said.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

For the record, TSN's Lewenberg has come right out and said this rumour is nonsense, and he'd be far more connected with the team than whoever is running the HHC account.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                                For the record, TSN's Lewenberg has come right out and said this rumour is nonsense, and he'd be far more connected with the team than whoever is running the HHC account.
                                How can anyone know for sure if they weren't in the locker room?

Comment

Working...
                                X