• Show
Clear All

doesn't really surprise me tho the source isn't the most credible
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'm calling horseshit on this.

Comment

OldSchool wrote: View Post
        If it IS true then you have a seriously good point. If JJ did cause a disturbance then it was a f*&**$ catastrophic one - and it changed a legit contender into the crap we see on the floor today.

All the critisism on Casey pre-all star break didn't mean sh!t. We were a legit contender, easily a team on the rise and no one could discount our chemistry. All the critisism didn't matter because whatever Casey was doing, IT WAS WORKING.

hmmmm Ive been trying to figure it out and maybe thats what caused our turn-around. Im a fan of JJ but f*#% him if it's true. Show him the door if its true.
        How did JJ hurting coach's feelings force the rest of the roster to take bad shots and not play D?

Comment

Here's an actual quote, from Patterson:

“Something happened during the season that caused the change. I’m not exactly sure what the cause was, but the effect obviously was us losing games, going on a crazy losing streak and then non-success, horrible play in the playoffs. So I’m not exactly sure what the biggest difference was or what happened or why.”
          (Source: http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/...t-teams-future)

Interesting. Almost sounds like he's saying something without saying it.

Or, maybe he really doesn't know what happened.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Like I said in the other Hoops Hype related thread, these source leaks are likely fluff from whomever is using the Hoops Hype Canada account to help generate traffic and hits to their site.

Comment

If it IS true then you have a seriously good point. If JJ did cause a disturbance then it was a f*&**$ catastrophic one - and it changed a legit contender into the crap we see on the floor today.

All the critisism on Casey pre-all star break didn't mean sh!t. We were a legit contender, easily a team on the rise and no one could discount our chemistry. All the critisism didn't matter because whatever Casey was doing, IT WAS WORKING.

hmmmm Ive been trying to figure it out and maybe thats what caused our turn-around. Im a fan of JJ but f*#% him if it's true. Show him the door if its true.
              You can't be serious. WE WERE NEVER CONTENDERS!!! You can't be contenders without ever winning a playoff series. Also, if the timeline is correct, this fallout would have happened after the Raptors started free falling. Why don't you blame Casey for creating the double standards in the first place.
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                This sounds suspicious. Especially given timing. Is anyone credible reporting this?
                No.

Comment

Hard to believe it's credible. Most of the writing on the hoopshype canada website is unattributed, and what Raptors content is attributed, is written by a 19-year-old business communications student. I have a hard time believing that they're getting scoops that no other sources are. Probably speculating based on some 'yeah, I could believe that' sort of scenarios.

Comment

Timing would make sense now that he's getting the boot though

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                      Hard to believe it's credible. Most of the writing on the hoopshype canada website is unattributed, and what Raptors content is attributed, is written by a 19-year-old business communications student. I have a hard time believing that they're getting scoops that no other sources are. Probably speculating based on some 'yeah, I could believe that' sort of scenarios.
                      The only way I can sorta believe it is because it does look like the players have tuned out Casey

Comment

Honestly, HHC sounds like some stuck-in-the-basement, armchair 19-year old who uses ESPN trade machine for his/her rumours. Dude even doubted the veracity of his own sources...
                        Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                          How did JJ hurting coach's feelings force the rest of the roster to take bad shots and not play D?
                          If it's true then obviously Im referring to the fact that it divided the team. We had unreal chemistry, something i haven't seen in any of our city's pro teams in a long long time...and then, just like that, it changed. Coach's feeling hurt?? who gives a shit about that. Keep up kid.

Comment

If it is true doesn't mean that it was JJ who made it happen, could've been problems and JJ just called Casey out on it.

Again, if it is true.

Comment

If it's true then obviously Im referring to the fact that it divided the team. We had unreal chemistry, something i haven't seen in any of our city's pro teams in a long long time...and then, just like that, it changed. Coach's feeling hurt?? who gives a shit about that. Keep up kid.
                              Raptors' Assists per game from Oct 29 to Dec 31 (24-8 record): 20.8 APG

Raptors' Assists per game from Jan 2 to Apr 15 (25-25 record): 20.7 APG

Watch out for that cancer James Johnson... might end up dropping your top notch APG a whole .1. Scary..

Comment

Rumours and stuff of this kind come out immediately after a team's eliminated from the playoffs. The most believable ones are the injuries as sources can divulge that stuff with the conclusion of playoff basketball and at times, it makes them buddy buddy with those players as they published an excuse without the player having to say it. Rumours of lockerroom mutinies and personnel decisions can only be believable if the source is a really good one like Woj.
                                Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

Working...
                                X