No announcement yet.

Rumour: Dwane Casey & James Johnson Did Have Another Falling Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF this happened, would love to know exactly how the players in the locker room sided.

And while the source is highly suspect, it certainly makes sense; so is the source making things up that fit the narrative or is it real? We need JJ to answer that likely.

Also, to the people asking, why it only leaked now; with the season on-going, I can see these guys keeping things shush and keep being pros. Now that the season is done, all bets are off. Also, wouldn't be shocked if Masai had basically told any unhappy player to keep quiet cause if Casey fails, he's gone.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

You could see that from the outside. There wasn't any doubts.
      Whether it happened exactly like that ; we don't know.
      But Casey was so blatant with his favoritism that probably a lot of players SAW it but kept their mouth shut;
      JJ might have been the only one who said what everybody else was thinking and he got benched for that.
      Tor bball community is not dumb, they can see what JJ brought to the team and it didn'T made sense that he was keep getting DNPs.
      Casey is not only incompetent, but he's also petty. And that's gonna cost him his job.

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      This is what happens when coaches play favs and hold guys to different standards.

Where have we heard this complaint before? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

OldSchool wrote: View Post
        "deasn't mean he's a better player"...but wait, the stats say he is!! lol

dude you bring up stats to try to prove your point. Then when i show a stat thats true but doesn't mean jack on the court... all of a sudden stats aren't important to you?! exactly. SMH
        No it doesn't, the stat literally says 'player efficiency rating', not 'player rating'. It means favors is more efficient than those other two. That's it.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

OldSchool wrote: View Post
          If it IS true then you have a seriously good point. If JJ did cause a disturbance then it was a f*&**$ catastrophic one - and it changed a legit contender into the crap we see on the floor today.

All the critisism on Casey pre-all star break didn't mean sh!t. We were a legit contender, easily a team on the rise and no one could discount our chemistry. All the critisism didn't matter because whatever Casey was doing, IT WAS WORKING.

hmmmm Ive been trying to figure it out and maybe thats what caused our turn-around. Im a fan of JJ but f*#% him if it's true. Show him the door if its true.
          Regardless of the credibility of the rumour, are we really going to blame JJ for (allegedly) saying the obvious? Had Casey actually listened to JJ, we might have a different outcome this season. We've been talking about a stale playbook and a lack of accountability for eons.

And if our "chemistry" was as fragile as you're making it out to be, then reality was going to catch up with us at some point anyway.

"Nobody say anything negative. We might start losing...."

"When you pound the rock, do it gently. We don't wanna hurt the rock's feelings"

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            No it doesn't, the stat literally says 'player efficiency rating', not 'player rating'. It means favors is more efficient than those other two. That's it.
            Thank you.

Comment

Johnson right yet again.

Comment

I dunno how reliable this is. If JJ did call Casey out for a double standard then the players themselves would have issues with each other, but on court they all seemed to be genuinely pulling for each other.

I would place more stock in Casey's comments regarding DD's injury changing the mentality of the team being more offensively geared than formerly defensively geared. Once he got back they weren't able to switch back to having a defense first mentality.

Comment

HoopsHypeCanada is complete made up garbage.

Besides, can anyone tell me about the last time a disgruntled role player who gets less than 10 mpg "called out a coach" in the locker room, derailed an entire team + coaching staff, and continued to see occasional floor time through the rest of the year and even in the playoffs.

This is complete nonsense.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    HoopsHypeCanada is complete made up garbage.

Besides, can anyone tell me about the last time a disgruntled role player who gets less than 10 mpg "called out a coach" in the locker room, derailed an entire team + coaching staff, and continued to see occasional floor time through the rest of the year and even in the playoffs.

This is complete nonsense.
                    I dunno, it actually seems believable to me. JJ called out this very same coach during his 1st stint here. I don't think it's far-fetched to think he'd do it again.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I dunno, it actually seems believable to me. JJ called out this very same coach during his 1st stint here. I don't think it's far-fetched to think he'd do it again.
                      I wouldn't be surprised if they butted heads. A role player butting heads with the coach doesn't derail an entire season, though. It didn't happen last time he was here, it didn't happen with Lowry and McHale, I've never heard of it before...

If a player is that much of a cancer, he's off the team.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        I wouldn't be surprised if they butted heads. A role player butting heads with the coach doesn't derail an entire season, though. It didn't happen last time he was here, it didn't happen with Lowry and McHale, I've never heard of it before...

If a player is that much of a cancer, he's off the team.
                        Right. Sorry I should clarify that I believe that Johnson said those words, but I don't believe that's the reason we sucked for 4 months.

And if by chance, it was the reason we sucked, that speaks more about how ill-equipped Casey is as an NBA head coach.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Right. Sorry I should clarify that I believe that Johnson said those words, but I don't believe that's the reason we sucked for 4 months.

And if by chance, it was the reason we sucked, that speaks more about how ill-equipped Casey is as an NBA head coach.
                          I do like the original quote - anyone who said that in January should have been given Casey's job on the spot.

Comment

i wonder if by 'divided' they mean players vs coach or players vs players ...

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                              How did JJ hurting coach's feelings force the rest of the roster to take bad shots and not play D?
                              Well, by the sounds of the rumor, James Johnson stood up for a group on the roster who felt that the team was being coached improperly. The rumor implies there was a feeling of "us" against "them" inside the lockeroom. If you're enjoying your job but you then perceive the guy next to you resents you in someway because of your standing on the team, how do you think you're going to interact with that coworker going forward?

If you feel your boss doesn't appreciate your hard work, do you continue to work hard for him? Especially if there is a guy "just like you" who stood up and is now a martyr?

phez wrote: View Post
                              i wonder if by 'divided' they mean players vs coach or players vs players ...
                              Sounds like players vs. coaches and players vs. players.

This of course is all speculation based on a couple happenings during the season and an unverified source who could be just stirring the shit out of amusement or some sort of perceived personal gain or both.

Comment

I know the RR groupmind hates Casey and loves Johnson, but let's bear in mind that James Johnson played himself out of Toronto (the first time), Sacramento and Memphis with his attitude, and he was productive on every one of those teams. The dude's talent does not change the fact that he's a classic basket case with a track record of poisoning locker rooms.

I'm not saying it's Johnson's fault. I'm just saying: presuming that it's Casey's fault is really unfair to Casey, and that says something.

Comment

Working...
                                X