X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    lol, it's actually made of pine, isn't it?
    I dunno, Carlton would definitely know more about pine than I would

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    Casey sends JJ a care package...

lol, it's actually made of pine, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Disagree. I'm sure most people feel less muzzled once the season is over. Finally an opportunity to speak candidly. I mean what's Casey going to do now? Bench him?
    Casey sends JJ a care package...

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Maybe somebody just boiled over due to frustration/resentment? Every other time I recall the Raptors seeing big change(s) there was lots of smoke beforehand.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    It's a little too convent this info is only coming out now.
    Disagree. I'm sure most people feel less muzzled once the season is over. Finally an opportunity to speak candidly. I mean what's Casey going to do now? Bench him?

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    It's human nature to take a side. It's rare you see someone stand back and say !@#$'em both.
    Although Masai might at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    magoon wrote: View Post
    I know the RR groupmind hates Casey and loves Johnson, but let's bear in mind that James Johnson played himself out of Toronto (the first time), Sacramento and Memphis with his attitude, and he was productive on every one of those teams. The dude's talent does not change the fact that he's a classic basket case with a track record of poisoning locker rooms.

I'm not saying it's Johnson's fault. I'm just saying: presuming that it's Casey's fault is really unfair to Casey, and that says something.
    It's human nature to take a side. It's rare you see someone stand back and say !@#$'em both.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    magoon wrote: View Post
    I know the RR groupmind hates Casey and loves Johnson, but let's bear in mind that James Johnson played himself out of Toronto (the first time), Sacramento and Memphis with his attitude, and he was productive on every one of those teams. The dude's talent does not change the fact that he's a classic basket case with a track record of poisoning locker rooms.

I'm not saying it's Johnson's fault. I'm just saying: presuming that it's Casey's fault is really unfair to Casey, and that says something.
    Well considering a lot of people felt the double-standard existed and hurt the team before JJ "may have even" said anything, yeah, I think it's fair to paint this on Casey. The team play is a direct reflection on the coach. He instills the scheme, runs the practices, calls the plays and manages the talent.

Leave a comment:

replied
    It's a little too convent this info is only coming out now.

Leave a comment:

• magoon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    How did JJ hurting coach's feelings force the rest of the roster to take bad shots and not play D?
    Well, by the sounds of the rumor, James Johnson stood up for a group on the roster who felt that the team was being coached improperly. The rumor implies there was a feeling of "us" against "them" inside the lockeroom. If you're enjoying your job but you then perceive the guy next to you resents you in someway because of your standing on the team, how do you think you're going to interact with that coworker going forward?

If you feel your boss doesn't appreciate your hard work, do you continue to work hard for him? Especially if there is a guy "just like you" who stood up and is now a martyr?

phez wrote: View Post
    i wonder if by 'divided' they mean players vs coach or players vs players ...
    Sounds like players vs. coaches and players vs. players.

This of course is all speculation based on a couple happenings during the season and an unverified source who could be just stirring the shit out of amusement or some sort of perceived personal gain or both.

Leave a comment:

• phez
    replied
    i wonder if by 'divided' they mean players vs coach or players vs players ...

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Right. Sorry I should clarify that I believe that Johnson said those words, but I don't believe that's the reason we sucked for 4 months.

And if by chance, it was the reason we sucked, that speaks more about how ill-equipped Casey is as an NBA head coach.
    I do like the original quote - anyone who said that in January should have been given Casey's job on the spot.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they butted heads. A role player butting heads with the coach doesn't derail an entire season, though. It didn't happen last time he was here, it didn't happen with Lowry and McHale, I've never heard of it before...

If a player is that much of a cancer, he's off the team.
    Right. Sorry I should clarify that I believe that Johnson said those words, but I don't believe that's the reason we sucked for 4 months.

And if by chance, it was the reason we sucked, that speaks more about how ill-equipped Casey is as an NBA head coach.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    I dunno, it actually seems believable to me. JJ called out this very same coach during his 1st stint here. I don't think it's far-fetched to think he'd do it again.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they butted heads. A role player butting heads with the coach doesn't derail an entire season, though. It didn't happen last time he was here, it didn't happen with Lowry and McHale, I've never heard of it before...

If a player is that much of a cancer, he's off the team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X