What starting 5 would you want to trade the most

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What starting 5 would you want to trade the most

Amir does not count cause he's a free agent so GV&2Pat will be taking his spot
    Lowry
    25.00%
    DeRozan
    18.75%
    Ross
    53.13%
    Jonas
    0.00%
    One of Vasquez/Patterson
    3.13%
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Ross for a chance at letting me do those end of quarter layup, FT, 3PT, Half court contests.

Comment

Love Amir the guy.
      Amir the player is broken.... for good.

Comment

Seriously, if we could find a taker for Vasquez, that would be the most obvious trade imaginable. I'd even consider chipping in a second-rounder just to get him off the books. Just unspeakably bad defensively. Of course, that's not enough to come close to fixing the team, but it's the only one of these guys listed whom you do without even bothering to negotiate for a better return.

That said, I think listing Vasquez is a bit of a cheat, he's not a starter this year and won't be next year. So I'm going to go with Ross as my second choice, though again I don't think you get a return for him that really moves the needle. You've got to at the very least shop DeRozan and Lowry too and see what their market is. I'd even shop JV, but I don't trade him unless the return also involves a good young C, it's such a hard position to fill.

Comment

Whoever we get the best deal for. If Vasquez was surrounded by decent wing defenders, he'd be fine as a back up PG.

two and three PG line ups were a f$%king nightmare defensively.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

JV - would only trade if an offer is too good to resist.. hard to find a good center though.

Amir - would actually like to see him back. Only on the bench though. Nothing over $6M a year, and even that's a bit high.

Ross - value should be at an all time low. Probably won't get much back for him. Instead give him a low contract and then raise his value with a new coach.

Lowry - think he's worth hanging around even though he's turning 30. MVP of the team last year (should have been all-nba). This year earlier on put the team on his back. Without him this team would have been a lottery team or fighting Brooklyn for the 8th seed. Contract is decent and he's tied up for 3 more years. I'd rather have KL over GV anyway.. and after GV the team doesn't have a PG.

DD - don't like that player option. He's not worth $15M a year and that's at the low end of what he'd make. Also worried about him doing what Bosh did. He loves Toronto but all that losing has got to hurt. I also think he has the most value on the team (after JV). Trading him could get you an upgrade if you want to re-tool or draft picks/prospects if you want to take a step back. DD is worth a lot as an asset, and I think Masai should capitalize. Love that he loves Toronto.. but that's irrelevant in the big picture.

So my pick is DD.

Comment

Where is the all of the above option?
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Lowry ... if we're not close to contending - start building towards that with young talent and old vets. Lowry can't push his team to 1-game victory in the playoffs, let alone 16 playoff wins needed to get a ring. Attitude in playoffs and season ending presser was bad, airing dirt, and not supporting coach (who I also don't support, but I don't get aid $48M to drink the kool aid)
                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Ross, but we know he's not going to be back next year anyway. So i say Lowry.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Lowry - age and health has been a huge downside for me, not to mention his un-point guard-like play (unnecessary 3 point bricks, lazy passes, YOLO passes, regressing on defense).

Comment

Lowry, he's not the big game changer we need, but he thinks he is which is even worse, I want to get rid of Vasquez and Ross (one of my favourites) too, give me a pass first defence minded point guard and a consistent shooter for the 3, like an Ariza, but preferrably a younger version, no easy to find though, if only Ross developed properly, speaking of which, one of JV or Dwane Casey, they can't both stay, and Casey is the option I'd rather have leave.

Comment

Funny how fast everyones turned on lowry. Sure he's not an mvp/game changer, but he's the closest thing we've got. We need a game changing wing, then all of a sudden lowry is a championship-compimenting piece. We trade him and we're back to below .500. Fun stuff.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Funny how fast everyones turned on lowry. Sure he's not an mvp/game changer, but he's the closest thing we've got. We need a game changing wing, then all of a sudden lowry is a championship-compimenting piece. We trade him and we're back to below .500. Fun stuff.
                          Why the need to attack anybody who has any sort of negative view of the team?

First, there were many people wary of the Lowry acquisition from the beginning. Personally, I don't like shoot-first PG, especially when they come with baggage and a bad/selfish attitude. He's also never lived up to the reputation he came to Toronto with, regarding his defensive prowess, which was the one factor that helped sway a lot of those who were initially against his acquisition. His age, injury prone-ness and peak trade value, hardly equate to 'turning on Lowry'.

Second, the assumption of returning back to sub.500 (which the team was this season after their hot start against teams they were supposed to beat), seems a little short-sighted. As long as the Raptors get fair market return for Lowry, couple with whatever other moves they make, could very well result in them being an equal or even better team, especially under longer-term consideration (given Lowry's age and physical decline - a bulldog with a bum back is big red flag). Besides, a PG chucking at 35% with minimal assists and no on-ball defense to speak of, is hardly contributing to the team's success. Since the all-star break, if not sooner, Lowry was largely getting a pass on reputation alone; his actual play should have resulted in benching.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            Why the need to attack anybody who has any sort of negative view of the team?

First, there were many people wary of the Lowry acquisition from the beginning. Personally, I don't like shoot-first PG, especially when they come with baggage and a bad/selfish attitude. He's also never lived up to the reputation he came to Toronto with, regarding his defensive prowess, which was the one factor that helped sway a lot of those who were initially against his acquisition. His age, injury prone-ness and peak trade value, hardly equate to 'turning on Lowry'.

Second, the assumption of returning back to sub.500 (which the team was this season after their hot start against teams they were supposed to beat), seems a little short-sighted. As long as the Raptors get fair market return for Lowry, couple with whatever other moves they make, could very well result in them being an equal or even better team, especially under longer-term consideration (given Lowry's age and physical decline - a bulldog with a bum back is big red flag). Besides, a PG chucking at 35% with minimal assists and no on-ball defense to speak of, is hardly contributing to the team's success. Since the all-star break, if not sooner, Lowry was largely getting a pass on reputation alone; his actual play should have resulted in benching.
                            Who did I attack? Seems I was listing my view point just as you were
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              He is good, but in my opinion Demar has surpassed him this season as the team MVP. If you've been watching the reg season games, Demar has hit more clutch shots than Lowry this year. Demar has better ball IQ, can drive inside, shoot or dish, can occasionally hit Kobe-esque shots. Lowry on the other hand has made terrible decisions that cost the team the game - being stubborn to drive and lay it in despite having 1 and/or 2 giants protecting the paint, chucking unnecessary 3's, and playing hero ball instead of finding the open man.

Demar has corrected most of his mistakes from last year, particularly his improved ball handling and passing. But Lowry has been the same guy, teams figured him out after #NBABallot, other younger point guards like Curry, Lillard and Wall have owned him lately.

Comment

Working...
                              X