Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Curious case of Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Listening to Jack Armstrong's interview last night on TSN. Let's just say, i don't think he's a Kyle Lowry fan. Jack calling Lowry bush league, disrespectful, thinks Lowry 'changed' after signing his contract.

    Can't remember Jack calling out a player like that?

    And i actually agree with Jack. I've been saying it ALL YEAR, Lowry's changed a lot. I see a more selfish player this year. I see a player that has over the top swag(not in a good way). And he got worse when he was named an all star starter. He probably thinks he's a superstar now, he can do whatever he wants.

    I'm not a fan of this guy at all. I think we need to SELL HIGH.
    I still find this narrative hard to accept....that a player after getting security and good money in his new contract should become a power megalomaniac is crazy...but given his history it has to be considered. Being a team first type myself, regardless of Casey's shortcomings he made another mistake by allowing Lowry into the coaching sanctum. I would have preferred he benched him and drawn Masai into the insubordination issue. Again, I am assuming the article has substance.

    Comment


    • #32
      A sweep does crazy things to peoples emotions....turns a guy from a heart and soul pitbull leader to a selfish tyrannical saboteur
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • #33
        KeonClark wrote: View Post
        A sweep does crazy things to peoples emotions....turns a guy from a heart and soul pitbull leader to a selfish tyrannical saboteur
        So you're telling me he kills dogs too? Fuck that guy.

        Comment


        • #34
          Nilanka wrote: View Post
          So you're telling me he kills dogs too? Fuck that guy.
          Yep, he kills pitbulls. Also an unnamed but credible source on realgm is stating he killed his blonde ex wife and bit off evander holyfields ear.
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • #35
            KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Yep, he kills pitbulls. Also an unnamed but credible source on realgm is stating he killed his blonde ex wife and bit off evander holyfields ear.
            Bet that shows up in a Hoops Hype Canada tweet in the next thirty minutes. "Per sources."
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

            Comment


            • #36
              TRex wrote: View Post
              Listening to Jack Armstrong's interview last night on TSN. Let's just say, i don't think he's a Kyle Lowry fan. Jack calling Lowry bush league, disrespectful, thinks Lowry 'changed' after signing his contract.

              Can't remember Jack calling out a player like that?

              And i actually agree with Jack. I've been saying it ALL YEAR, Lowry's changed a lot. I see a more selfish player this year. I see a player that has over the top swag(not in a good way). And he got worse when he was named an all star starter. He probably thinks he's a superstar now, he can do whatever he wants.

              I'm not a fan of this guy at all. I think we need to SELL HIGH.
              I'm with you.

              Comment


              • #37
                TRex wrote: View Post
                Listening to Jack Armstrong's interview last night on TSN. Let's just say, i don't think he's a Kyle Lowry fan. Jack calling Lowry bush league, disrespectful, thinks Lowry 'changed' after signing his contract.

                Can't remember Jack calling out a player like that?

                And i actually agree with Jack. I've been saying it ALL YEAR, Lowry's changed a lot. I see a more selfish player this year. I see a player that has over the top swag(not in a good way). And he got worse when he was named an all star starter. He probably thinks he's a superstar now, he can do whatever he wants.

                I'm not a fan of this guy at all. I think we need to SELL HIGH.
                It seems to me that Lowry is at heart a score first PG. What I mean by this is his willingness to facilitate heavily depends on him getting into an offensive rhythm through his scoring. I don't think it's a coincidence that Lowry's highest monthly APG total of the season also saw him with his highest FG% of the season and his lowest monthly APG total was also the same as his lowest FG%.

                Lowry for some reason just couldn't consistently find his shot all season. When (...if?) he returns to form next season, I think he'l distribute better as well.

                Comment


                • #38
                  As outsiders we can see that Dwane Casey is a terrible, frustrating coach.

                  Imagine having to PLAY for that guy. Imagine someone who is as fiercely competitive as Kyle Lowry having to take marching orders from someone who has no idea what they're doing.

                  As KeonClark said, strange how a first round sweep turns a guy from the heart and soul of the team into some sort of cancer. If we end up moving him and keeping Casey it will be one of the great acts of scapegoating of all time.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    time well tell interesting to see who wins the power struggle. Most on this forum are calling for dc's head now klow is the target of forum members

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I think it's best if both Casey and Lowry go.

                      (As long as you can get something more than Stauskas and Jason Thompson for Lowry. There may not be a reasonable trade out there, so you just keep him.)
                      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        If Kyle is traded who is replacing him? Because GV is a far worse PG especially defensively (Kyle is bad but GV takes it to a completely different level).

                        And if we are relying on a draft pick like Lucas then that's like assuming Bruno would start next year.

                        Not too many studs in free agency.. and what are our trade assets to get a good PG? Most of our assets are expiring. It's not like Lowry himself could net a PG since we'd be sending him to a team that needs a PG.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          you guys should listen to Tim & Sid lmao
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            you guys should listen to Tim & Sid lmao
                            I'm at work. What are they saying?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              BrydenB wrote: View Post
                              I'm at work. What are they saying?
                              They ripped on Lowry hard. Said he's not All-Star starter and only got there because East is weak and some players were injured. Said that Lowry believes that he's something he's not. JV disappeared in playoffs. Ross is not NBA player. Derozan needs help (lol) Masai is waiting for first round of playoffs to be over and see if there are coaches or assistants that are available.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                correct me if im wrong. but wasn't lowry supposed to be a lockdown defender when we got him?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X