The Curious case of Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evia99 wrote: View Post
    correct me if im wrong. but wasn't lowry supposed to be a lockdown defender when we got him?
    heh, that was the messageboard scouting report.

not sure it was anyone elses hahaha

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      They ripped on Lowry hard. Said he's not All-Star starter and only got there because East is weak and some players were injured. Said that Lowry believes that he's something he's not. JV disappeared in playoffs. Ross is not NBA player. Derozan needs help (lol) Masai is waiting for first round of playoffs to be over and see if there are coaches or assistants that are available.
      You know what happens after media start lashing out at a raptors player - they get traded.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
        You know what happens after media start lashing out at a raptors player - they get traded.
        Haha...in this case more likely Kyle blew them off for an interview. Cabbie does slapstick...Sid does oral runoffs.

Comment

The change in perspective of the players and coach has been crazy in the past 48 hours.

It seems like the blame game is going around and there are some serious decisions to be made.

The pressure is on MU.

The coach is bad. Lowry is disgruntled, injured, and struggled to end the year. DD is flying under the radar but had an awful year and may not fit the future. Ross, GV, Amir all had sub-par years. Lou checked his way to 6th man. There is not system/identity to anchor the team to,

What does MU filter out and keeps and at what point does he say f*** brooklyn?

Personally there sounds like too many problems and it may be best to start fresh with a clean slate....or risk carrying over some of the major issues from this season

Comment

Evia99 wrote: View Post
            correct me if im wrong. but wasn't lowry supposed to be a lockdown defender when we got him?
            Superjudge wrote: View Post
            heh, that was the messageboard scouting report.

not sure it was anyone elses hahaha
            Here are Dwane Casey and DeMar DeRozan (last year) on Lowry's defense:

"Last year, he would venture off and gamble a lot," Casey said. "But this year, he's been very good with the team approach as far as defense is concerned, being in the right place. He's like a computer. He knows exactly what the other team is doing, he knows their calls, he knows the tendencies of each player."

Casey went as far as to compare Lowry to two legendary point guards.

"He reminds me a lot of Jason Kidd and Gary Payton as far as him knowing exactly what the other team is doing," he said. "Kyle is probably one of the most intelligent players I've been around in a while."

Lowry has also impressed his teammate DeMar DeRozan with his work ethic.

"At his position, he studies every single guy on the team," DeRozan said. "Whether it's in transition or in the half court, he's anticipating the next move, and nine times out of 10 he's going to get there."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ffensive-fouls

But what would they know? I mean, it's only NBA coaches and players who have valid opinions on these things. These are probably a couple of know-nothing message board dopes. Hahahaha. Stupid message board fans.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              They ripped on Lowry hard. Said he's not All-Star starter and only got there because East is weak and some players were injured. Said that Lowry believes that he's something he's not. JV disappeared in playoffs. Ross is not NBA player. Derozan needs help (lol) Masai is waiting for first round of playoffs to be over and see if there are coaches or assistants that are available.
              Tim and Sid sounds a lot like me. Hmm.

Honestly though, they're bang on on everything they said.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                As outsiders we can see that Dwane Casey is a terrible, frustrating coach.

Imagine having to PLAY for that guy. Imagine someone who is as fiercely competitive as Kyle Lowry having to take marching orders from someone who has no idea what they're doing.

As KeonClark said, strange how a first round sweep turns a guy from the heart and soul of the team into some sort of cancer. If we end up moving him and keeping Casey it will be one of the great acts of scapegoating of all time.
                Maybe we were wrong that he was the heart and soul. Maybe we were right but maybe him being the heart and soul is a bad thing. I don't know, just saying, but we were getting destroyed for months, and ironically, it coincided with Lowry's shit play...not with Casey's shit coaching, as he's been pretty much the same since he's got here.

Comment

Something to consider with respect to a coaching change:

Obviously Masai should only make a move to get someone who seems to be a top flight candidate. Either established, like thibs, or whoever the next brad Stevens is.

But none of these guys want to coach Lowry, and will wait for the next job to come along...
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Sorry, should have read 'but maybe none of these guys...', can't edit on my phone
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      Something to consider with respect to a coaching change:

Obviously Masai should only make a move to get someone who seems to be a top flight candidate. Either established, like thibs, or whoever the next brad Stevens is.

But none of these guys want to coach Lowry, and will wait for the next job to come along...
                      Problem is, you wont know that until you make a move. If you solely want to wait for a Thibs, then ok, you can wait until he is available and then pull the trigger on Casey, but it isn't guaranteed that he will join us.

If you are willing to roll the dice on a younger Brad Stevens type, then there is nothing stopping you from trying to do that now.

Either way, no real reason to hold onto Casey unless you feel he is the right coach for the job.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I don't see Casey or Lowry getting moved unless Casey loses the locker room or Lowry demands a trade. Up until DD and then Lowry got injured we were playing well for a team with the talent the Raptors have, ie. beating teams we should and chanllenging teams better than ourselves. I think we can get back to that level once everyone is healthy. Maybe better if MU infuses some talent.

Obvious weak links were the starting SF/PF positions.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          Maybe we were wrong that he was the heart and soul. Maybe we were right but maybe him being the heart and soul is a bad thing. I don't know, just saying, but we were getting destroyed for months, and ironically, it coincided with Lowry's shit play...not with Casey's shit coaching, as he's been pretty much the same since he's got here.
                          I beg to differ here (not Casey's poor coaching). If your star player (Kyle) is playing poorly (fairly obvious), coach just "threw in the towel". Simply not acceptable.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            I don't see Casey or Lowry getting moved unless Casey loses the locker room or Lowry demands a trade. Up until DD and then Lowry got injured we were playing well for a team with the talent the Raptors have, ie. beating teams we should and chanllenging teams better than ourselves. I think we can get back to that level once everyone is healthy. Maybe better if MU infuses some talent.

Obvious weak links were the starting SF/PF positions.
                            has not casey lost the room?

Comment

Working...
                            X