X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unlucky fan
    replied
    GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    Cool read. But, I think people overreact on the trade deadline decision. We rarely see people who are of their words, and stand by it, that when we do, we call them out on it. It's called honour. The man honoured his FANS, the organization, the players and the coaching staff, that he would not only build (in ALL aspects of building, including non-physical), but give EVERYONE a chance to prove to THEMSELVES that they had what it takes. He put it all out on the table, and GAMBLED by not trading anyone, and the players and coaches put it all on the table. It was their chance. And it was a failure. NOW, he can continue on with his plan because he now has a FULL scale view of what is needed to build a SOLID team that isn't based of knee-jerk reaction. He'll prove his decision was the right one, I'm sure. People just need to let that go. The other thing is, DeMar is getting a lot of slack for a guy who's been consistently getting better (which was expected), accepts being a student of the game (as expected), was the guy who had to figure shit out on his own when the closest vet to teach him left for South Beach. Who was his mentor? Alvin Williams was doing his thing, so there wasn't much of that for him. But to STILL be as smart as he is, and still improving, without that is huge. If we can say how weak we are at developing players, what does that say for DeMar? He figured out who and what he is to this team, without speaking. He let his game do the talking, and yet he has to give answers for how poorly the TEAM played. When we were down 2 games in the series, he took it upon himself to set the tone for the players. He knows way more about that locker room and mindset of the players, than we do. Drops 20 in the first Q, while NO ONE stepped up, and what do you hear? "He's playing ISO ball again". Fuck, everyone was lead-legs, and playing unorganized. Whatever happened to this team, Casey is the one, with ALL this experience he has, to bring in the reigns of this roster. Could these players act like this under Pop, Thibs? No, but we need THAT kind of Professor X to lead these players. I feel like Masai is smarter than we give him credit for. He's a GM, every day. We are, only after a game.
    About Masai - I agree, I still trust him to steer this ship in the right direction. But like today's RR piece by Chisholm said, his lack of movement in the trade deadline may have had more long term repercussions than he imagined.

About Demar, you know what, that's a great point. To work your way into an All Star game without a real mentor since being a rookie, that's commendable.

And yessir, bring on Thibbs!!! Get on it Masai, now that would change the culture of this organization.

Leave a comment:

• unlucky fan
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    I hope Masai reads it, and you have to post whatever comes back! (if something does)
    I promise!

Thanks again for the kind words, ya'll too nice!

And cheers to RR for spotlighting it on FB and Twitter, glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels this way about our team.

Leave a comment:

• GameBreaker
    replied
    But, cool break down in your letter. Hope MU gets to read it.

Leave a comment:

• GameBreaker
    replied
    Cool read. But, I think people overreact on the trade deadline decision. We rarely see people who are of their words, and stand by it, that when we do, we call them out on it. It's called honour. The man honoured his FANS, the organization, the players and the coaching staff, that he would not only build (in ALL aspects of building, including non-physical), but give EVERYONE a chance to prove to THEMSELVES that they had what it takes. He put it all out on the table, and GAMBLED by not trading anyone, and the players and coaches put it all on the table. It was their chance. And it was a failure. NOW, he can continue on with his plan because he now has a FULL scale view of what is needed to build a SOLID team that isn't based of knee-jerk reaction. He'll prove his decision was the right one, I'm sure. People just need to let that go. The other thing is, DeMar is getting a lot of slack for a guy who's been consistently getting better (which was expected), accepts being a student of the game (as expected), was the guy who had to figure shit out on his own when the closest vet to teach him left for South Beach. Who was his mentor? Alvin Williams was doing his thing, so there wasn't much of that for him. But to STILL be as smart as he is, and still improving, without that is huge. If we can say how weak we are at developing players, what does that say for DeMar? He figured out who and what he is to this team, without speaking. He let his game do the talking, and yet he has to give answers for how poorly the TEAM played. When we were down 2 games in the series, he took it upon himself to set the tone for the players. He knows way more about that locker room and mindset of the players, than we do. Drops 20 in the first Q, while NO ONE stepped up, and what do you hear? "He's playing ISO ball again". Fuck, everyone was lead-legs, and playing unorganized. Whatever happened to this team, Casey is the one, with ALL this experience he has, to bring in the reigns of this roster. Could these players act like this under Pop, Thibs? No, but we need THAT kind of Professor X to lead these players. I feel like Masai is smarter than we give him credit for. He's a GM, every day. We are, only after a game.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    Great post, that part about sushi and Captain Crunch was classic.
    I actually chuckled out loud.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Great post, that part about sushi and Captain Crunch was classic.

RepTdot wrote: View Post
    unlucky fan....you sir are the RR rookie of the year with that post
    As well as MVP.

Leave a comment:

• mortgagejake
    replied
    thank you for posting this letter. it was amazing. i LOVE that you identified the casey quote. I thought the same thing - man, where is the heart? do or die but not really die, that's completely illogical to say.

thanks again for taking the time to write this.

Leave a comment:

• YoungGunRaptor
    replied
    I haven't felt like thinking, discussing, or even looking at anything Raptors-related since the Raptors got kicked back into the Jurassic period by the Wizards. This post sums up every emotion I as a Raptors fan experienced.

Thank you for your well written and well thought-out first post. You da real RR Rookie of the Year.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    What a great post at such a depressing time! I'm sure this sums up most Raps fans feelings... disappointment with a sense of encouragement that the team can move forward from this. I agree with every word and your choice of avatar haha JJ in those beauty camo jerseys!

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    WhatRhymesWithCash wrote: View Post
    Wow. Just wow. I'm speechless *slow claps*

Leave a comment:

• RepTdot
    replied
    unlucky fan....you sir are the RR rookie of the year with that post

Leave a comment:

replied
    unlucky fan wrote: View Post
    Chances are this won't ever be read by Masai, but with your general agreement with the post, I decided to sign it 'The North' at the bottom and mailed it today. Go snail mail!
    Are you serious? That's awesome!

I hope Masai reads it, and you have to post whatever comes back! (if something does)

Leave a comment:

• WhatRhymesWithCash
    replied
    Wow. Just wow. I'm speechless *slow claps*

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    unlucky fan wrote: View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words fellow unlucky ones!

That's what happens when you read and read and read and never post. One day it all explodes. Haha.

I absolutely agree with you Robert, unfortunately I feel like as time will pass we'll be filled with renewed optimism and just keep on cheering. Much respect to you if you manage to kick the addiction. Casey can't be back, I won't believe it.

Man if I waited for the exit interviews before posting I'd have that much more material on our defensive guru. Bah.

Chances are this won't ever be read by Masai, but with your general agreement with the post, I decided to sign it 'The North' at the bottom and mailed it today. Go snail mail!
    I hope one person will answer you. You need to be answered. That was fantastic, utterly fantastic. I loved every word you wrote. Not only was it all true, it was powerful. I hope you stay for the longhaul.

Leave a comment:

• unlucky fan
    replied
    Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words fellow unlucky ones!

That's what happens when you read and read and read and never post. One day it all explodes. Haha.

I absolutely agree with you Robert, unfortunately I feel like as time will pass we'll be filled with renewed optimism and just keep on cheering. Much respect to you if you manage to kick the addiction. Casey can't be back, I won't believe it.

Man if I waited for the exit interviews before posting I'd have that much more material on our defensive guru. Bah.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X